Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tremec/ Hydra to be utilized in 2012 v6's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I checked through my resources and the SS and LT/LS models will share the Tremec T56 manual transmission and the Hydra Matic 6T70 automatic transmission in both coupe and convertible models. I hope that helps to add some credibility to that information.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
perhaps gm is finally (but passively) taking notice of the growing tranny issues by switching v6 models over to the ss trannies, both auto and manual.

I for one have had issues with the tranny, twice in less than 10k miles and now my dealer is saying my exhaust is bad and is causing the metallic grind i hear when shifting 2nd and 3rd etc.

Opinions on this switch?
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Well doesn't the SS tranny (tremec) have some of the same shift issues as well?!?!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can't wait to see what actually comes out of this. Only downside I can see is, for 2012 the V6 is actually going to be just as heavy, likely heavier than the 2010 and 2011s by the time you add in all the extra goodies and the stronger transmissions.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
okay idc about that..here lays my question

if our tranny are taking a crap on us. would we be replaced with the T56?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Can we get our trannys replaced with these new ones?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Can we get our trannys replaced with these new ones?
thats waht im saying!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
perhaps gm is finally (but passively) taking notice of the growing tranny issues by switching v6 models over to the ss trannies, both auto and manual.

I for one have had issues with the tranny, twice in less than 10k miles and now my dealer is saying my exhaust is bad and is causing the metallic grind i hear when shifting 2nd and 3rd etc.

Opinions on this switch?
Not happening. I feel like a broken record. It lists the same for the 2010 and 2011 models and we don't have tremecs. They are using out of date information. You guys need to stop believing everything you see and look a little deeper. We are never getting a tremec, gm even reps at C5II confirmed that we aren't. The RPO is wrong too, its for the t56. I doubt very much that they are taking the t6060 out of the SS and putting in the t56.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...age=7&butID=16

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Not happening. I feel like a broken record. It lists the same for the 2010 and 2011 models and we don't have tremecs. They are using out of date information. You guys need to stop believing everything you see and look a little deeper. We are never getting a tremec, gm even reps at C5II confirmed that we aren't. The RPO is wrong too, its for the t56. I doubt very much that they are taking the t6060 out of the SS and putting in the t56.

but well played...
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
As I had stated before as my information shows the T56 Tremec Manual Transmission is listed in the 2012 model year information as the standard transmission across the board omitting the ZL1 model. That is how my information stands. Someone here may have spoken to a representative of GM that may have more up to date information than what I have but this is the best that I have at this moment and until it gets updated this is the answer I can give you. I apologize for the confusion. I'd also like to apologize for the confusion and multiple posts. My coworkers and I are doing our best to keep the forum covered so I do apologize for all the different names being associated with the account at this time. We're doing what we can to keep up with all of you here and it has shown to be a job that I need a little assistance on every once in a while. You guys keep us busy!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Oh, really. I'd expect them to be on top of this. It's giving some people false hope.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
xpanda305x
Banned

my question still stands and hopefully gets answered. us with the transmission problems. would we get that crappy ass shitty AY6 or the T56?
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post

just going off of what someone who works for gm is saying..
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
if the new models do get a new tranny, if.....I better get a fn retrofit because this tranny FN SUCKS!!!!
I am dreading the day this car's warranty is up. I have had soo many problems in only about 10k miles.
Honestly, some of the stuff thats happened, I literally cant explain what happened. Even my friends were shocked one time, but I cant explain the situation because I dont know how I could but basically imagine our gates and synchros like this I-I-I (1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th) I had my car in 4th(parked). Came back to start it, started the car, put the car in neutral and went to go to first but it would go. Figured theres goes the clutch again (prior issue with the bolts coming loose) then It went back into fourth and then other gears but the shift pattern was all off, meaning imagine this I-I-I being the normal shift pattarn, turned into this a giant squiggly line. Thats the only way I can explain what happened, everything was off. 1st was where neutral would be in between 1st and 2nd, 3rd was half way to wear 5th would be. It was completely messed and not one of my friends knew what the hell was wrong.

Anyways long story short, is our M6 tranny is garbage. I would like a retrofit if there is one to come
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #13
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
my question still stands and hopefully gets answered. us with the transmission problems. would we get that crappy ass shitty AY6 or the T56?
I got an answer, just asked fbodfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake
Hello Scott,

There are many people that believe the V6 is getting a new transmission for the 2012 model year. Everyone is sure of it because the online ordering catalog has the tremec across the board instead of the AY6. Problem is it says the same for the 2010-2011 models as well but we all know that's not true. Plus the RPO is for the T56, I doubt the SS is downgrading. Customer service seem to be saying the same too. I know we aren't, but can you confirm or deny that the V6 is getting a new trans so I can post something from a GM representative in the threads. A lot of people are having problems with the AY6 and its giving them false hopes.
it is a rumor. We are not, to my knowledge, changing transmissions on the V6 for 2012.