Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Michael Cooper
Oh Yeah! I Got One!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro 08' Charger
Send a message via Skype™ to Michael Cooper
Cool where to find a Forced air induction system?

Hey guys i need some help...

i am looking to get some forced air into the intake

i would like to have something mount to the bottom of the front bumper or in the air vent in the front of the hood

does anyone know of something like this?

or is there a DIY Mod for it?

Founder of ABL Door Mod
Visit my blog: iMichaelC.blogspot.com
Michael Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
tbyrne

Drives: 1993+1998 Z-28s - past cars
I haven't seen anything like that for the new Camaro. You might have to get creative if you want something like that. Another option is the upcoming VaraRam induction. Some info that was posted by VaraRam a few weeks ago -

The VR Camaro system has completed its test cycles and all Beta test units have been shipped.
Two VRX Beta systems have already accumulated over 1,000miles of testing "each" in just 1 weeks time ,with No issues and No custom tuning.

We are now moving the Camaro unit to full production tooling.

We have decided to make the production models from "Rotary tooling". This will allow for a more seamless design ,with many features incorporated in that were not present in the test units allowing for a quick and easy installation (8-10 min!) with no cutting or drilling on the car.

Quality- The quality will be OEM as promised. ,This type of tooling allows for the type of quality you expect from an OEM

The Look and Feel- Here improvements have also been made as this type of tooling allows for more architectural freedom,allowing for a smoother more attractive part

We feel this will give customers one of the finest products they can buy for the new 2010 Camaro
We promised the Camaro owners something very special and we will be delivering just that.

We have been quoted 3-4weeks for the new tooling and we are already underway.

We appreciate the Patience that Customers have shown as we have been testing the new system. It is important for us to always run long term test mileage on new systems, Datalog and run Wideband air/fuel tests as well.This takes time and we know that everyone wants their new "TOY"now. In the end VR has created the most powerful Ram air system we have ever created for a Road car of any kind.

The "NO Tune" models will absolutly shock with there dyno numbers and there real world performance gains- This unit represents a new way of designing our induction systems around GM's E38 computer system.This is where we spent most of our R&D time and it shows!
( We easily reached 3 tenths and 3 MPH 1/4 mile gains and 1/2 second off 0-60mph)
This unit will also cary a gurrantee on it's power gain!

The "Tune Only" models - These are tools for enthusiasts and Tuners alike to use to set records and win races with Period!

The exact specs for each unit ,video footage of some of the R&D and Dyno information will be leaked soon and we are sure that the VRX test units will find there way on to dyno's as well.
>>

Tom
tbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy intake, forced air induction, intake, l99