Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #29
Texas Tuff

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray Camaro 1SS
WITH
Texas Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #30
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
With! And faded.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
i like it better with the decals, I am going with the stainless inserts and black decals too. this is just a picture I made in Paint to just give an Idea on what I am going to do.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #32
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I personally don't like the chrome/stainless inserts. I like the more subtle use of the gradient ones that make the gills look more 3 dimentsional.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #33
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
Keep them - I love the faded ones:

My CGM w/ fades:
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
LittleRockCGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #34
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Well, ya'll made this a pretty easy decision! Thanks!!! I will reorder and do it right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/wiki.p...UTLINE+INSTALL

(in case you didn't already see that)

I've got the first set layin' on my dinning room table, waiting for the second set and gonna do a wet install. It is necessary to get the correct placement. And when placed correctly, they really do look good!

I'll have photos when i get done.

Edit: Awesome hood spears (best i've seen), rearviewmirrors, and rear spoiler!
Ya, I saw the wiki. I did the wet install. Super easy btw. I've got the second set too. Hopefully when I get the first set done (right this time) the second set will line up correctly. I noticed there was very little wiggle room between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Ever thought of blacking out the tail panel?
Thought about it. But I think it'll be too much black. I should do a photoshop to see how it'd look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
i like them, but like stated before get better cut ones.. and take your time, on the next one
Are there better cut ones out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
When I have my hood spears painted on the car, I'm going to ask the guy if he can airbrush the fades on the gills. My car is CGM though, so it won't be as obvious as on the orange.
I asked if my painters if they would do the gills and they didn't want to touch them. Said it would be too hard to get right. Don't think they do airbrushing though. I'd love to see how yours turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockCGM View Post
My CGM w/ fades:
They stand out nicely on CGM. Looks good!

It's not polite to stare.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #35
P. Ham

Forgot to ask, will a plain old hair dryer be enough to heat it up? Also, will Goo Gone hurt the paint for any left over residue?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #36
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
P ham....not sure how to answer your first question, you are asking for opinions from us and have you ever heard that opinions are like arm pits, every one has several....I have the fading type on my yellow Camaro, right now I still like them, if I ever grow tired I get out the hair dryer and in about two minutes they are off ! I don't particularly like what you did on the Glossy Black on the ground effects, I think that the stripes and ground affects should be in matte black, again this is from my armpits !! Enjoy the car for your personal tastes, if you are asking to do a poll on this site whether you should remove them, you have other problems ....just my $.02 I guess I have seen recently a lot of people asking similar questions on this site, and the car is just for the owner and he/she can put on, paint it pink, do whatever they like ...put a raccoon tail on the satellite antenna, put the tailpipes up coming out of the trunk....it is yours to do with....
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #37
P. Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastohio View Post
P ham....not sure how to answer your first question, you are asking for opinions from us and have you ever heard that opinions are like arm pits, every one has several....I have the fading type on my yellow Camaro, right now I still like them, if I ever grow tired I get out the hair dryer and in about two minutes they are off ! I don't particularly like what you did on the Glossy Black on the ground effects, I think that the stripes and ground affects should be in matte black, again this is from my armpits !! Enjoy the car for your personal tastes, if you are asking to do a poll on this site whether you should remove them, you have other problems ....just my $.02 I guess I have seen recently a lot of people asking similar questions on this site, and the car is just for the owner and he/she can put on, paint it pink, do whatever they like ...put a raccoon tail on the satellite antenna, put the tailpipes up coming out of the trunk....it is yours to do with....
Thanks pastohio. Two minutes with a hair dryer and and the stripes come off. Good to know there should be no hassle. Doing a quick search it seems like a couple people have used Goo Gone before so hopefully it'll be safe. Maybe I wont need it.

As for people having their own opinions.....of course. That's why this thread is called "Opinions on the gills". I'm expecting people's opinion....on the gills. And to my surprise a large majority prefer it with. That's what I wanted to know. I was on the fence and now I'm not. BTW, 99% of what's been done to my car has been my own decision. That's why I love it. It's "mine". Not everyone will like it but that's OK too. But you know, it's OK to ask people's opinion once in a while. Nothing wrong with that. I just needed a push on the gills. It's still my decision in the end.

Thanks though.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #38
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
P. Ham,

I thought the decision was easy (with your car). The gills needed to be accented to stand out at all (on your car). Between the door handles, the gfx, the rearview mirrors, hood spears, and spoiler... the gills seem slightly... understated? (not to mention the IOM) And the verticle gills are nice with all the horizontal going on (with your car).

What do I know? I'm mr. understated, SIM-ple. Gills will be my first accent, and i'm still debating on leaving it clean. Lets see how well I do on my first attempt at installation.

Good to know they come off easy... ... ... i think!?!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #39
P. Ham

I'm usually very low key myself. I never thought I'd be driving an orange car for one thing.

As for installing the gills. The wet install method is sooooo easy. You have plenty of time to move them around and get them just right. Just make sure to look at a picture of correctly installed gills before you start. I'll let you know how taking them off goes.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:36 AM   #40
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Like a good Pats steak - WITH

Don O

usedtoliveinphilly

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
2fine69

Drives: 2010 2SS
Keep em black! With the handles, spoiler, ground effects all black, the gills definitely stay black. Its your car tho, do what makes YOU happiest!
2fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don O View Post
Like a good Pats steak - WITH

Don O

usedtoliveinphilly
Don't you mean "a steak WIT"?

stilllivesinphilly