Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Jtwizzy

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS Camaro
(headlights) high beam issue

It has been doing it for several years now but only the driver side high beam is working. the passenger low beam will stay on and if I click the highbeam toggle switch say every one hundred times it will come on for a second. I know these RS Camaros only have one bulb and in order to engage high beams it opens a flap to do so. I am exchanging the front bumper out for a zl1 bumper at the moment and while I have the bumper off I wanted to try and resolve this issue. Has anyone else had this problem besides me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jtwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
If you're still under warranty, why not stop by the dealer? You should be able to easily reproduce the defect, and they'll replace it..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Jtwizzy

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS Camaro
It is no longer under warranty at this time because I exceeded the mileage that it covers unfortunately. :/
Jtwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtwizzy View Post
It is no longer under warranty at this time because I exceeded the mileage that it covers unfortunately. :/

Those lights are very expensive. I had mine changed (both) in 2011 because the front covers where craking. Dealer said they cost 2,900$ CDN. So watch out not to damage anything and good luck. As for your problem, this is the first time I read anything on that type of problem, but I beleive that it could come from the electronics and not the lights themselves.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtwizzy View Post
=( I'm sorry to hear that.. Well, unless you know someone who repairs the lights, you can get those headlights at a pretty good price from www.gen5diy.com If you can get in contact with ofer, the owner of the website, he can charge you for 1 headlight. He also gives you a 1 year warranty on his refurbished headlights I believe.