Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
hw
VIN:3802

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
I have the GM CAMARO cover and it is a very tight fit. Since I only drive the car about once a month I was looking for something a bit more user friendly. I use a "Covercraft Dustop Car Cover." I ordered it from AutoAnything. I copied the description and pasted it below.

Features

* The Covercraft Dustop car cover is custom made to fit your vehicle
* Because it's lightweight, using and storing the Dustop car cover is a piece of cake
* The Dustop car cover's fully breathable material keeps heat and moisture from being trapped
* Inner and outer layers use polypropylene/polyethylene blends for superior softness and strength
* The Dustop's middle layer uses a high-temp blown polypropylene that is an effective barrier to dust, dirt and airborne particles
* Equipped with grommets for a tie-down cable and the antenna
* Your Covercraft Dustop indoor car cover comes in tan and boasts a 4-year warranty
* For a detailed comparison of the strengths of each available fabric, click on the Detailed Info tab

Description

Get a thin indoor car cover that's easy to store and custom-made for your vehicle. Using a US-manufactured Kimberly-Clark fabric, the Dustop indoor car cover is ideal for environments in which protection from dust is essential. The lightweight laminated four-layer poly-composite employs the same soft material used in baby diapers.

In addition to dust protection, the Dustop indoor car cover features fully breathable material that allows heat and moisture to escape. For extra versatility, the Dustop indoor car cover is equipped with grommets for a tie-down and your antenna.

Your Dustop indoor car cover is available in tan boasts a 4-year warranty.
hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Although I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, I have a gray Camaro cover from GM.
Same cover.. I went to California Car Covers and basically without him talking bad about his own products but the OEM GM cover is the same quality as the Superweave which is their highest priced cover. It is indeed a tight fit but it also has enough to cover with the Gfx Kit.

It just all depends on how and where youre storing the vehicle.. If youre keeping it outside majority of the time then Id recommend something like the GM cover, if not then look for something like the CCC Noah which has a microfiber cover inside as well outside that keeps pollen, dirt and other dust particles to attach to it, the downside is that if it rains a lot near you or gets cold, you will get lots of condensation and the water will go through it easily whereas the other just sits on top of it and slides off.

Hope that helps..
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #17
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Although I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, I have a gray Camaro cover from GM.
This, but I have tried it on the Camaro and it fights perfectly, though you might need someone else to help you put it on.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
daddyuhoh

Drives: '10 SS1/'03 Tahoe/'06 Harley
Go to Auto Everthing on the internet. Get a Custom (for your exact need) from Covercraft. I use them for all my cars and they're great. A little more than at Walmart but well worth it!
daddyuhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #19
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
How is the GM cover on paint? I dont have a garage and it will be kept outside all the time and it does rain alot in VA. Is the GM cover good for outside and wont scratch the paint?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawj7 View Post
How is the GM cover on paint? I dont have a garage and it will be kept outside all the time and it does rain alot in VA. Is the GM cover good for outside and wont scratch the paint?

Bump!!! I'd like to know the same thing... I bought a GM cover with the car and haven't used it yet. Would love to know if it scratches badly...
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #21
Cort Austen

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1SS
bump- Anybody have paint scratching issues from the gm cover?
Cort Austen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #22
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
http://www.mustmotoring.com/p-21-cus...oor-cover.aspx
Attached Images

jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
My Garage
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
My Garage
Lucky bastard Zoning won't let me build one because of the stupid planned community I live in.

I use Noah and a Custom made one for hail season
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
I use a garage. I drive the car too often to put a car cover on.

+1. Me too, it's my daily driver.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #26
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
I have a Cali Car cover the Noah model and it works good if keeping outdoors. Really depends on where you live and if it's outside all the time. After the rough winter we had here in DC I wish I would have gotten the heavier duty cover really but the Noah worked pretty good also.

The only real problem is it can be a bit of a hassle if you use the camaro as a daily driver. I mean really who wants to have to take a cover off and put it back on everyday.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort Austen View Post
bump- Anybody have paint scratching issues from the gm cover?
Once you put a cover on a dirty car, the inside of the cover picks up dirt..do this a few times and you have a dirty cover rubbing on the paint...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #28
Cort Austen

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1SS
covers can be washed, correct?
Cort Austen is offline   Reply With Quote