Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #1877
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Place Holder

Deleted
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #1878
Lou@ARH

Drives: IRS RECORD HOLDING 5thGEN 7.67 @179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We thought about making a separate class since there is a definite separation between the RPM, FARKS/ARH and LPE cars and the two cars at the top of that list, but there just aren't that many cars in this category. The cars that are on list #7 do get driven on the street some pretty regular like SSMagna and Dangeruss.

Instead of a new list Merc added IRS to the 3 cars in question. I'll let Merc decide, if he hasn't already.

I'd like to make a suggestion. After a year of improving our combinations, making advancements in suspension, and providing EVERYONE ELSE with those advacements in aftermarket components, the Shop Cars are truly getting the shaft, lets be honest. Grasping the Independent Rear Suspension record this past October was an incredible achievment for both American Racing Headers and Farks Supercars and with the lists set up the way they are, we at ARH/FARKS, LPE and RPM Transmissions are getting zero recognition for the hard work we've put in to make a 3800lbs + IRS car consistanly run in the 8s. My suggestion is to make a seperate list for SHOP CARS ONLY, (STREET LEGAL OR NOT, Cause honestly when you're running 9s and 8s, who really cares whether the car is registered or not??). That way we, and every other shop willing to compete, can get the recognition we deserve.

Requirements would be:

Shop Cars Only
IRS Suspension
Any Displacement
Any Power Adder
Registration Optional

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
Louie@americanracingheaders.com
631-608-1986
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #1879
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
^^ I like that idea. I love watching them compete against each other at events why not give them their own list.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #1880
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
I agree these guys are the ones developing & testing parts for our cars.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #1881
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou@ARH View Post
I'd like to make a suggestion. After a year of improving our combinations, making advancements in suspension, and providing EVERYONE ELSE with those advacements in aftermarket components, the Shop Cars are truly getting the shaft, lets be honest. Grasping the Independent Rear Suspension record this past October was an incredible achievment for both American Racing Headers and Farks Supercars and with the lists set up the way they are, we at ARH/FARKS, LPE and RPM Transmissions are getting zero recognition for the hard work we've put in to make a 3800lbs + IRS car consistanly run in the 8s. My suggestion is to make a seperate list for SHOP CARS ONLY, (STREET LEGAL OR NOT, Cause honestly when you're running 9s and 8s, who really cares whether the car is registered or not??). That way we, and every other shop willing to compete, can get the recognition we deserve.

Requirements would be:

Shop Cars Only
IRS Suspension
Any Displacement
Any Power Adder
Registration Optional

Thanks and take care,
Louie Filippides
American Racing Headers
Louie@americanracingheaders.com
631-608-1986
Great idea Lou. But the next question that'll be out there is "what's considered a shop car"?

It would be cool to have a shop car only list though.

Lou/George... When are we going back to the track. I'm getting bored already!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #1882
Lou@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Great idea Lou. But the next question that'll be out there is "what's considered a shop car"?

It would be cool to have a shop car only list though.

Lou/George... When are we going back to the track. I'm getting bored already!!!

A shop car would be a car built and driven by the shop, not a customer car. Cars just like ours LPE and RPM.

I too can't wait to meet up again Jamie! It's always a good time seeing fellow members at the track and talking with people that are familiar with what is going on.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #1883
white ZL1

Drives: none
IMO, if the car has a VIN number it belongs on either list 6 or 7...shop car or not. Who cares who built or drives it.
Heck, I've never understood why stock vs non-stock displacement matters? Stock bottom vs non-stock makes more sense to me if you feel the need to split them.
That said, I think lists 4 and 5 should be combined too. If the car is nuts only, it belongs.
Keep list 8 but make it the fast list and have the fastest 15, 20, or 30 cars no matter what the combo or who owns it or whether or not its street registered. The fastest of the fast.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #1884
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by white 2SS/RS View Post
IMO, if the car has a VIN number it belongs on either list 6 or 7...shop car or not. Who cares who built or drives it.
Heck, I've never understood why stock vs non-stock displacement matters? Stock bottom vs non-stock makes more sense to me if you feel the need to split them.
That said, I think lists 4 and 5 should be combined too. If the car is nuts only, it belongs.
Keep list 8 but make it the fast list and have the fastest 15, 20, or 30 cars no matter what the combo or who owns it or whether or not its street registered. The fastest of the fast.
I don't see why we care who builds or owns the car either. I agree with you, If I remember correctly the original idea was to make the stock displacement list the "stock bottom end list". I don't think it was thought of at the time as being the difference it has become. Those guys pushing stock internal blocks should be on a list of their own. The risks they take to make big numbers on stock internals deserves the credit. If it stays like this could we end up separating the 408s, 416s, 417s and 427s.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #1885
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
A street legal 9.2 second car that isn't spraying big is freaking cool no matter how you look at it.

WELL done fellas.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #1886
Lou@ARH

Guys, what I've done in my suggestion is open the possibility of a seperate list for shop built and owned cars. There's no need to re-vamp the entire 1st page. The Shop Car List is a great way for forum sponsors to get recognition and promote themselves.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #1887
BrokenNut

Drives: GM of course
I think it should go back like it was. I think it gets the point across just fine. What was the real justification for change?? Just because a shop owns it?? Or its not plated?? Give me a break..... As long as the car fit the original criteria who cares??? why change the rules????
Last thing says it all:

"IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH"
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #1888
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenNut View Post
I think it should go back like it was. I think it gets the point across just fine. What was the real justification for change?? Just because a shop owns it?? Or its not plated?? Give me a break..... As long as the car fit the original criteria who cares??? why change the rules????
Last thing says it all:

Doesnt slicks make it not-street legal. You cant drive on the street with slicks its against the law..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #1889
BrokenNut

Drives: GM of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Doesnt slicks make it not-street legal. You cant drive on the street with slicks its against the law..
When you run DOT drag radials you can. Keep trying its street legal even with a dealer plate.
Like I said before

Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #1890
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
They broke off the shop cars at Camaro fest and the majority, prob 99%, agreed that was the best way. Shops have a distinct advantage over customers. There's no arguing that.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote