Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
SlasherMcGee

Drives: 2006 Crew Cab Silverado
Hi everyone, Fargo ND here...

Anyone know who will have the better deal on ordering a 1SS? Gateway in Fargo or Rydell in Grand Forks?
SlasherMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #30
SlasherMcGee

Drives: 2006 Crew Cab Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Hey Slasher,
Fargo here too! When I was pricing my order, both Gateway and Rydell's were the same (MSRP with $1000 deposit). Gateway treated me good, I would recommend them. Last time I was up there, they had five new Camaro's on the lot, but I don't know how many were spoken for. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. Later....
Hi Blazzin, thanks for the reply

I've bought all my vehicles from Gateway in the past. I've always had to do a little wheelin and dealin with them, however....

You're right, gateway has a few on the lot, but no standard 1SS's. I'm sure I'll have to order one in the Spring.
SlasherMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I am interested in seeing if there is 93 Octane anywhere near Fargo also. I am up in Fargo about every week and sometimes with my car. I sure would like to fill up with 93. We have a couple 93 stations in Sioux Falls.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #32
FarmallsForever

Drives: 2000 Silverado, Slightly Modded
Quote:
So, is it safe to mix this 108 or 110 stuff with regular unleaded gas? I really don't know, but I'm pretty sure I don't need that high of octane in a stock SS. But if I could mix it, and somehow guesstimate about 96/97 octane, that would be nice.
As long as you are not mixing leaded with unleaded. Leaded fuel can cause some bad things to happen to your injectors if used in EFI vehicles (from what I have heard, haven't done any research to back this up). Drove by the gas station this evening and they had 102 and 111. The 111 was off-road use only, guessing that is leaded but not sure (pump did not say). You will want to find out for sure before one mixes it. The 102 said was street legal, if that was leaded I dont know, again the pump did not say. Here is a chart that was attached to the pump for mixing the 102/111 with 91 to get different grades of fuel. As far as I know they are the only place in the F-M area that sells above 91 octane. Sorry about the quality of the picture, only had my cell phone with me.

3) Always drink upstream from the herd.
4) Don't squat with your spurs on.

Knowledge is power and power corrupts, Therefore study hard and be evil.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by FarmallsForever; 11-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.
FarmallsForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #33
FarmallsForever

Drives: 2000 Silverado, Slightly Modded
Asked this question in the engine forum and this is what they said.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...81#post1167481

Based on the responses, I would stay away from the 111 (more than likely leaded fuel).

BTW: What color is your camaro. Have seen a black ss/rs in moorhead. A silver ss driving around in fargo and at the NDSU wellness center. Curious on how many there are in town, and if I missed any.
3) Always drink upstream from the herd.
4) Don't squat with your spurs on.

Knowledge is power and power corrupts, Therefore study hard and be evil.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. Robert A. Heinlein
FarmallsForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #34
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
saw one in minot today with camaro5 license plates
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
camaroman/n.d.

Drives: Inferno orange ext and int
Is anybody in N. Dakota planning on going to the meet in Georgia next April?
camaroman/n.d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #36
camaroman/n.d.

Drives: Inferno orange ext and int
I hear ya, I just put mine away for the winter but next year I think we need to have a ND meet.
camaroman/n.d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #37
Mutz_44

Drives: 2010 White/Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
So I suppose now that winter is upon us, everyone has their Camaro's tucked away in their little beds (like mine). She's all covered up in her warm "Satin Stretch" blanket in the garage sleeping away in hibernation mode 'til spring. Man, it's killing me!!! I only got 1500 miles on her before winter reared it's ugly head. I miss her, but revel in the thought that she'll be well-rested and ready to go come spring time. I've thought about taking her out for a drive since the roads are still pretty clear, but the thought of sliding into a ditch or guard rail, or some other Jack-@$$ sliding into me, puts my anxiety to rest and reminds me that I'll have a pristine, low-mileage hot rod to play with in the spring. Can't wait!!!! Hey, we still need to plan an area meet for spring-time, anybody interested. See ya then...
Your lucky to have gotten 1500 miles on yours before winter, I received mine on 12/01/2009 put 18 miles on it and sure enough snow the next day. Has been snowing almost every day since. Can't wait for spring. I think an area meet would be a great idea for spring time, count me in.
Mutz_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #38
Mutz_44

Quote:
Wow, Dec 1st, huh?!?! That's definitely a new one!!! I pre-ordered mine back in March and received it in June. 18 miles is hardly even enough to say you've driven it, I'm sure it's killing you. I really like your color combo, I think the White w/ IOM interior is awesome (especially if you have the IOM stripes). I just wasn't patient enough to wait on the late production white.
Yeah, we need to plan a meet somewhere. I definitely don't think it should be restricted to just ND cars, but open anyone who's willing to come. Where would be a good place to have it??? Probably around early May at the earliest to make sure we are all "defrosted" by then. Well, if someone else wants to help me coordinate this, I think we can get something together that would alot of fun.

Waiting for the production white was definitely a long wait, especially when my brother and brother in-law both got theirs months before me. I do have the IOM stripes on it which made it worth the wait, and winter is definitely killing me but it’s the price we pay for living in ND.
I agree with you, I don't think we should restrict it to just ND cars. As far as where to hold the event that’s a tough one, will have to rack the brain for that one unless you know anyone with a good idea.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #39
Mutz_44

These both sound like good ideas too me.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #40
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
saw one in minot today with camaro5 license plates
I spent 3 years at Minot AFB.....
Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #41
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Okay, well, how 'bout this. Interstate Dragways just South of Moorhead, MN is planning on having an American-Muscle Car Show and "Fun-Run" on Saturday June 5th. That would give everyone plenty of time to "thaw out" and get their rides all polished up. I talked to the owner of the track, and he said that would be the best time to just have everyone come out and join in on the Car Show. So it wouldn't exactly be a "Camaro Specific" show, but it would still be fun and a good chance to invite everybody around to get together and meet. Plus, there would be an open 1/4 mile drag strip for those that wanted to race too!!! I know the gate fee for the car show is $20, but I'm still trying to confirm the cost to race on the track too, I know it costs more. Plus, I'm waiting to see if we can get a discount by doing an early "group-purchase" on the tickets. Whattya think???
I think I'd be up for that!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #42
Mutz_44

Quote:
Okay, well, how 'bout this. Interstate Dragways just South of Moorhead, MN is planning on having an American-Muscle Car Show and "Fun-Run" on Saturday June 5th. That would give everyone plenty of time to "thaw out" and get their rides all polished up. I talked to the owner of the track, and he said that would be the best time to just have everyone come out and join in on the Car Show. So it wouldn't exactly be a "Camaro Specific" show, but it would still be fun and a good chance to invite everybody around to get together and meet. Plus, there would be an open 1/4 mile drag strip for those that wanted to race too!!! I know the gate fee for the car show is $20, but I'm still trying to confirm the cost to race on the track too, I know it costs more. Plus, I'm waiting to see if we can get a discount by doing an early "group-purchase" on the tickets. Whattya think???
Thats sounds like it would be a great time.