Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
perfxn

Drives: 2SS RS
Credit unions mite be the way to go!!

http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/GM_171.html

GM is Great for Members!
There’s never been a better time for credit union members to buy a new GM car or truck!

With the Credit Union Discount From GM, all current and new credit union members will receive the GM Supplier Discount on any eligible new vehicle. Read the FAQs to learn more about the Credit Union Discount From GM.

GM’s Total Confidence program can be utilized in conjunction with any current GM/Invest in America discount program.

if this is true! its a no brainer, head to your local creditunion!

Could save us thousands and alot of hassle!
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
As long as the dealer will honor it. I have an Authorization number, but there's no guarantee they'll accept it.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
perfxn

FAQs for Credit Union Members
How much is the vehicle discount?
Credit union members will receive a discount that is equal to the GM Supplier Pricing Discount, along with applicable national incentives, through this program.

Which GM dealers are participating in this program?
This program is available through all participating GM dealers in the U.S., and is voluntary on the part of the dealers. Please inform your dealer of your intention to use the Credit Union Member Discount From GM.

Does the discount apply to business accounts?
Yes, but if the business purchases more than five cars per year, it will qualify for fleet pricing through GM.

What will I need to provide to a dealer to prove my credit union membership?
A current statement or a membership card are acceptable forms of proof. Other forms of proof may be accepted at the discretion of the GM dealer.

Are all GM brands and models eligible for the discount program?
All GM brands are included, some model exclusions apply. Almost every new 2008 and 2009 GM passenger car, SUV, crossover and light-duty truck is eligible. Cadillac CTS-V and Chevrolet Corvette ZRI and Chevrolet and GMC Medium duty trucks are currently excluded from the program. More information can be found after clicking the GM button on this site.

How do I get the Credit Union Discount from GM?
Click on the GM Discount icon on the home page of lovemycreditunion.org.

Can I combine the discount with current incentives?
Yes, in most cases. Visit your participating GM dealer for details on eligible incentives, or view current incentives at gm.com/creditunion to see how the values add up.

Can I combine this with any GM reward card earnings?
You can combine the discount with Earnings from the GM Extended Family Card or the GM Business Card. Earnings from the GM reward cards are in addition to most current incentives GM may offer.

Do I have to finance through my credit union?
No. You can finance through any financial institution, however, please be sure to check with your credit union since credit unions have among the best auto rates available.

Are dealer-installed options covered by this discount (e.g., theft-deterrent devices, etc.)?
No. Any additional dealer-installed options, conversion/uplift packages, General Motors Protection Plans and other extra-charge items will be supplied at a price agreed upon between the customer and the dealer.

Can I share my discount?
Yes, you may share the GM discount with other members of your household.

What information is required to register for a personal Authorization Code?
To register, you will be asked to provide: name, address, city, state, zip code. You will be asked to choose the state in which your credit union is located and then select your credit union.

Next, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address and create a unique user ID, password and secret question.

Then you can click to receive the personal Authorization Code that you can print or write down. You will also be asked to provide the zip code and date of birth of the individual purchasing the vehicle. The dealer will use this to verify your personal Authorization Code.

What if the dealer is not aware of the discount program?
GM has communicated this program internally to all dealers. Dealers should refer to bulletins 09-11 and 09-11A for information concerning the GM Discount For Credit Union members.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
No good on Camaros....2008 or 2009 models only per the website.
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Marvb549

Drives: 07 Silverado, 1975 LT 350 CID

I spoke to two dealers in Houston and they will honor it for anything but a Camaro.

2010 Camaro RJT SS/RS M6 #1049(Soon),2009 CrewCab Z71, 2007 Silverado (Trade on 2010), 1998 Brickyard 400 SS Z28 Convertible #3, 86 CJ7 SBC 305, '75 Camaro LT 350CID
New Shopping list: Third Gen IROC-Z and 69RS and will complete my Generations collection!!!!!
Marvb549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Nice find! I hope one of the dealers around here is participating.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfxn View Post
http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/GM_171.html

GM is Great for Members!
There’s never been a better time for credit union members to buy a new GM car or truck!

With the Credit Union Discount From GM, all current and new credit union members will receive the GM Supplier Discount on any eligible new vehicle. Read the FAQs to learn more about the Credit Union Discount From GM.

GM’s Total Confidence program can be utilized in conjunction with any current GM/Invest in America discount program.

if this is true! its a no brainer, head to your local creditunion!

Could save us thousands and alot of hassle!
it doesn't mean the dealer has to honor it. If the credit union can easily get GM Supplier Discount like that, that just means that isn't even the best price and there is more to be had. Usually when dealerships and banks/credit unions work together like that, they are making $$ on both ends, up front and on the back end.

And BTW, im not pulling this out of my ass. I use to work at a dealership.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud

Go there and sign up..."Concept Camaro" is listed as eligible. This has been discussed...oh I'd say TO DEATH.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
perfxn

this program is brand new and yes its up to the dealer as any discount but think about any one that has a creditunion may be abe to get supplier pricing and its official. Now its up to the buyer to find a stand up dealer, on 2SS it will save around 2grand!! I have spoke and recieved email from the marketing department and they told me the camaro will be availble at release to get those discounts.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
perfxn

discount cant be combined with srudent discount because they are both suplier pricing.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
perfxn

and the reason it saids 2008 and 2009 is because 2010 havent came out yet, only reason. its up to your dealer to give you supplier pricing on your camaro, or up to go find some one who will if he wont.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
There sure are a lot of Credit Union threads...

DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
yep...I posted all this info several weeks ago. It is available on the Camaro, I already have my confirmation number for mine.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy View Post
No good on Camaros....2008 or 2009 models only per the website.
it also says 2010 vehicles as they become available.