Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #57
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
I'll keep my ZL1, the Z/28 tires look great. I love that 580 Horsepower !
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #58
kbob

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1
I just do not see the reason to trade a zl1 for a z28. I mean my understanding is you are paying a lot more for someone to remove all the luxury pieces of the zl1. You are getting a bigger motor but it has less horsepower. The brakes are better but they can be bought. I think the mag ride is the same. I think if I wanted a track car only I would start with the zl1 and go from there. That being said, I would buy a stingray first.
kbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #59
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
I'll keep my ZL1. I kinda like my kidneys the way they are, and kidney donors are too hard to come by.

Whoever does buy one, and doesn't plan to track it, should order the a/c option. If they are truly only building 4000 over the next 2 years, a factory a/c car is going to be really rare.
gblaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #60
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbob View Post
I just do not see the reason to trade a zl1 for a z28. I mean my understanding is you are paying a lot more for someone to remove all the luxury pieces of the zl1. You are getting a bigger motor but it has less horsepower. The brakes are better but they can be bought. I think the mag ride is the same. I think if I wanted a track car only I would start with the zl1 and go from there. That being said, I would buy a stingray first.
Bingo! Couldn't agree more.

This whole Z28 thing reminds me of the Civic and Civic Si.. Honda got Civic customers to fork out more dough for the "race" Civic SI - You can put go fast stuff on a non-race car, and it is still not a race car. Still, kids praised the SI as the racer/ricer holy grail. These fanboys are convinced the Z28 is a racecar, forgetting that the True GM race car is the Z06/Z07.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #61
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
The Z/28 is definitely a beast of a car but it's not worth the money (which is going to be north of 60K) to me when compared to my ZL1. I know me and I would enjoy it for about a month and then I would be b*tching about not having a radio and comparing the rough ride to the smooth ride in my Z. Having AC would be no question living in South Louisiana. The ZL1 crowd and Z/28 crowd are going to be as different as night and day IMO.
Agreed.
Different facial expressions too.

ZL1 guys will be smiling while driving their lambo Killers, while Z28 owners will stare at theirs in the garage and imagine it going fast at a track. - but they will know they are better than the ZL1 guys.

Or, the Zl1 guys will be laughing light to light, as the Z28 guy sulks because his "king camaro" can't keep up with a ZL1 - But, he will know his Z28 is really the faster car.

Or, the ZL1 guys will smile ear to ear as they get huge power increases from simply bolt ons, while Z28 guys scratch their brows and wonder why, $8000 in mods later, their car is not any faster. ( I have put many bolt ons to a LS7 engine, not much more power until you get inside the motor - or put a blower on it...)

More and more, I cannot wait to see these overpriced, under equipped, lightened but still really heavy, slower camaros on the road.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp

Last edited by NightmareZL1; 10-20-2013 at 07:49 PM.
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #62
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Haha a lot of hate from this guy above^^^^^. Really upset GM calls the Z28 the king camaro huh.
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #63
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Sorry but the Z/28 guys (that I've talked with) have NO ill will towards the ZL1. It is an absolutely amazing Camaro. It does it all. It's a sister Camaro for goodness sake. The competition for the Z/28 is not the ZL1. Your creating a fued that doesn't exist.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #64
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Bingo! Couldn't agree more.

This whole Z28 thing reminds me of the Civic and Civic Si.. Honda got Civic customers to fork out more dough for the "race" Civic SI - You can put go fast stuff on a non-race car, and it is still not a race car. Still, kids praised the SI as the racer/ricer holy grail. These fanboys are convinced the Z28 is a racecar, forgetting that the True GM race car is the Z06/Z07.
Is it not the same as saying why buy a ZL1 if you have an SS, slap a supercharger on it and it is the same car. I love my ZL1 and think it is a great car just as I do the Z/28. Anybody that knocks either is a tool.

The people that will buy the car don't car about the cost, they don't care that it doesn't have a radio, they don't care that it doesn't have 580hp. Most do care that stock vs stock as it leaves the factory floor it will beat the ZL1 on any circuit track quite handily.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #65
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Agreed.
Different facial expressions too.

ZL1 guys will be smiling while driving their lambo Killers, while Z28 owners will stare at theirs in the garage and imagine it going fast at a track. - but they will know they are better than the ZL1 guys.

Or, the Zl1 guys will be laughing light to light, as the Z28 guy sulks because his "king camaro" can't keep up with a ZL1 - But, he will know his Z28 is really the faster car.

Or, the ZL1 guys will smile ear to ear as they get huge power increases from simply bolt ons, while Z28 guys scratch their brows and wonder why, $8000 in mods later, their car is not any faster. ( I have put many bolt ons to a LS7 engine, not much more power until you get inside the motor - or put a blower on it...)

More and more, I cannot wait to see these overpriced, under equipped, lightened but still really heavy, slower camaros on the road.
More than likely, someone sophisticated enough to appreciate a Z28 will be more than happy to let the ZL1 knuckledraggers duke it out illegally on the street whereas they'll exercise their car out in the proper venue that it was built for.

I also have the sinking suspicion the Z28 is going to have much more collector's value a few dozen years from now than the ZL1 will. For those of you that get off on that kind of stuff....

Quote:
Haha a lot of hate from this guy above^^^^^. Really upset GM calls the Z28 the king camaro huh.
The hurt feelings are almost palpable. They're both cool cars, I don't understand why people feel the need to be so juvenile about it.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #66
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I'm keeping my ZL1

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #67
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
id buy one, throw in a roll bar with a 4 point harness, do some minor weight reduction mods, head, cam, intake, CAI, header and tune should be sick as hell and very unique in this part of the world since the dealer isn't getting any (GM decides)

but then im stuck with my ZL1 and its not for everyone so selling it would be a pain in the butt.

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #68
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Nightmare, you are really starting to sound like a butt hurt 14 year old that has to prove his shit is better than the other guys. Seriously, give it up and go curl up in a ball next to your ZL1 telling yourself it will all be ok.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #69
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
More than likely, someone sophisticated enough to appreciate a Z28 will be more than happy to let the ZL1 knuckledraggers duke it out illegally on the street whereas they'll exercise their car out in the proper venue that it was built for.

I also have the sinking suspicion the Z28 is going to have much more collector's value a few dozen years from now than the ZL1 will. For those of you that get off on that kind of stuff....

The hurt feelings are almost palpable. They're both cool cars, I don't understand why people feel the need to be so juvenile about it.
+1

Saved me the typing, thanks!

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #70

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Too bad all this Z/28 "VS" ZL-1 business is getting more common and petty....I sort of enjoyed this Z/28 forum partly because it was a welcome relief from the non-stop V-6 vs V-8 bs on the rest of the web-site....

Oh well...it was good while it lasted....The curse of the Seven Deadly Sins just can't be avoided for any length of time....They are just cars....take 'em or leave 'em....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote