Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
w!lly

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Brakes are squeaking.

2013 camaro w/ 31k miles, oem brakes.

Squeak right before I come to a complete stop. I checked the pads and rotors. Still a lot of pad left and rotors look good.

Anyone else have this problem? What do I do to get it to stop? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
w!lly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
I would take the pads off and check to see if there is anything on the pad surface.

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
aFe POWER

Drives: Camaro
I would recommend sanding the pads down abit, clean the rotors, and calipers with break cleaner to get rid of all that old dust, maybe take a wire brush and scrub the anti rattle clips where it holds the pads in place assuming you have a V6 from your description under your name. Then apply some of that brake quiet lube in between the metal shims and the back of the pad. Try to see if that works too.

Had that issue with my fronts, although I bought new rotors and pads due to a brake shimmy issue because my front rotors were bad. This has always worked for me back in the day when I worked at a Nissan shop as a tech. Still do that anytime I touch my brakes on my vehicles. Let us know if that works or you find a solution
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
You probably have metal to metal contact on the back plate of the pads. I would recommend getting some brake lube and put it on the points where you are getting metal to metal contact and thoroughly cleaning the caliper assembly. You'll be able to see where the pad plates are rubbing once you take them apart. Just add the lube/grease to those spots.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
rockrau

Drives: 2010 2ss red LS3
I know on my SS when the OEM squeaked if I would brake HARD it would go away.
Pedders Pace Car Kit with ZL1 sway bar conversion & camber bolt kit.Lowered 1.5". 1LE tires & wheels. CAI air intake. Anvil CF rear spoiler.MGW shifter. 1 7/8" Kooks LT headers & HF cats.V-Max ported TB. Tuned.
rockrau is offline   Reply With Quote