Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
RiderGraphix...not so good

I got the rear trunk blackout "design A" from RiderGraphix and they don't fit around the bowtie worth a sh*t.

I was under the impression from all the photos I have seen of this decal that they would fit a lot better then they do on my car. From the photos I have seen you can't see the body color between the black vinyl and the bowtie. Just look at the way they are on my car. You can see the yellow between the blackout and the bowtie and I didn't cut these, they did. So much for "We install what we sell so we know it fits!!!"

What a waste of 46 bucks.

Last edited by kga10734; 09-06-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typo
kga10734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
You are 100% right!!!!! That happen too ME!! THEY SUCK SO BADLY!!! Everyone, do not buy from RiderGraphix!!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
I got the rear trunk blackout "design A" from RiderGraphix and they don't fit around the bowtie worth a sh*t.

I was under the impression from all the photos I have seen of this decal that they would fit a lot better then they do on my car. From the photos I have seen you can't see the body color between the black vinyl and the bowtie. Just look at the way they are on my car. You can see the yellow between the blackout and the bowtie and I didn't cut these, they did. So much for "We install what we sell so we know it fits!!!"

What a waste of 46 bucks.

We have an option of buying the same piece without the cutout so there would be NO color showing. There needs to be a small amount like there is in order to get it over the bowtie and to leave a small bit of room for alignment. if you wanted NO color to be seen, the other one could have been purchased. Nowhere on our website does it say that NO color will be seen around the bowtie.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
You are 100% right!!!!! That happen too ME!!
Did you even buy one of these? Your car is black.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
For some people who don't want to paint or remove their bowtie then this works great for them...

sounds like your a little more of a perfectionist such as myself. That's why I plan to have mine painted.

IMHO I think Ridergraphix offers a decent product, this one just was not for you, but may be for someone else.

It shouldn't cost much to get it painted BTW.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

flat black berger panel on a gloss black car still looks good. however, you do have a point that there has to be some "wiggle room" around the emblem.

do you have an up close pic of the car in your ad to compare to the OP's car?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
it looks fine to me... what do you expect?? its vinyl, there needs to be a little space so you can put it on easily

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:11 AM   #9
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I agree that large of a space looks cheap and perhaps even not cut-out properly. I am glad I did not get vinyl anything for my Camaro seeing all these issues people have had(and yes, most are the fault of the people installing them and not the companies selling the vinyl's). I'm sure autoguy will help you out though as a customer of his if you are not satisfied with the product and feel you didn't get what was advertised. Autoguy has to have a picture of the graphic on the website with the same space in between large enough for you to see it for him to justify saying it should be there. I don't like his attitude that his website doesn't say that there isn't a space so that justifies the space being there..lol.. That is disingenuous at best.. You can get around any sort of complaint by saying that.. So just ask him to send you a replacement and he probably will since he wants this forum to know he helps out all his customers who have legitimate complaints. I do agree with autoguy in another thread where if the person installing the vinyl messes up, it should not be the company sending a replacement. However if there was a defect from the factory, then he for sure would honor the mistake. IN this case, this is a clear cut issue if his website does not have a picture showing the space in between the chevy bowtie before you buy the vinyl.

This is the picture from the website side by side with the one above in this thread. The other picture is linked off ridergrafix website.
I don't see a yellow space, but the image is pretty far away. What I do notice is the black vinyl in between the tail-lights is much smaller on yours (thin) than the ones advertised. i would ask ridergraphics to send you ones that look like the picture for those as well..
I do believe the customer should get the same size/quality vinyl as pictured in your website. If not, then you need to re-do the photo's.

As for the op, I think the blue chevy bowtie with the yellow color is worse than the small yellow space between the emblem. But that's just personal opinion.l I hope you get this issue resolved.

Last edited by Supermans; 09-06-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:27 AM   #10
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
"Nowhere on our website does it say that NO color will be seen around the bowtie"....now there's customer service for you. What a joke. What if it had arrived torn or something..."Nowhere on our site does it say there will be no tears or rips" LOL. I bought bowtie blackouts from him that didn't fit either. I saw the childish way he dealt with other people who said they didn't fit in the past so I didn't even bother complaining, I just ate the loss quietly, tossed them in the trash, and made my own that look better.

Eh..whatever, you get what you pay for. Live and learn. I don't think you need to make a thread calling him out in public without talking to him about it first though, just my $.02.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #11
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
We have an option of buying the same piece without the cutout so there would be NO color showing. There needs to be a small amount like there is in order to get it over the bowtie and to leave a small bit of room for alignment. if you wanted NO color to be seen, the other one could have been purchased. Nowhere on our website does it say that NO color will be seen around the bowtie.
What a joke of a responce for a paying customer on a forum that is bringing you buisness...

And your sig line:

"For the Best Fitting, Highest Quality, Custom Stripes for your New Camaro!!!
We Install what we sell so we know it fits right!!!"
Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #12
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
What a joke of a responce for a paying customer on a forum that is bringing you buisness...

And your sig line:

"For the Best Fitting, Highest Quality, Custom Stripes for your New Camaro!!!
We Install what we sell so we know it fits right!!!"
Old 09-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #13
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
"Nowhere on our website does it say that NO color will be seen around the bowtie"....now there's customer service for you. What a joke. What if it had arrived torn or something..."Nowhere on our site does it say there will be no tears or rips" LOL. I bought bowtie blackouts from him that didn't fit either. I saw the childish way he dealt with other people who said they didn't fit in the past so I didn't even bother complaining, I just ate the loss quietly, tossed them in the trash, and made my own that look better.

Eh..whatever, you get what you pay for. Live and learn. I don't think you need to make a thread calling him out in public without talking to him about it first though, just my $.02.
Anybody wanting to know about Autoguy/RiderGraphix track record of customer service before they buy from him, look at his past posts on this forum and see how he has responded to a lot of issues/concerns from paying forum members.

Quote:
"Nowhere on our website does it say that NO color will be seen around the bowtie."
I to was told the same thing about their vinyl colors, "Nowhere on our website does it say that RiderGraphix Orange will match the 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange Matallic".

My post is not to "call him out in public", I want fellow forum members and newer members to know about past issues/concerns when dealing with any kind of "Dealer" on this website. We lookout for each other when buying our Rides, we should do the same also for other areas associated with our cars to

I will say this AutoGuy, not all customers are right, but they all can't be wrong also!!!!

Last edited by PonyMan; 09-06-2009 at 09:28 AM.
PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #14
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Anybody wanting to know about Autoguy/RiderGraphix track record of customer service before they buy from him, look at his past posts on this forum and see how he has responded to a lot of issues/concerns from paying forum members.

I to was told the same thing about their vinyl colors, "Nowhere on our website does it say that RiderGraphix Orange will match the 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange Matallic".

My post is not to "call him out in public", I want fellow forum members and newer members to know about past issues/concerns when dealing with any kind of "Dealer" on this website. We lookout for each other when buying our Rides, we should do the same also for other areas associated with are cars to

I will say this AutoGuy, not all customers are right, but they all can't be wrong also!!!!
The simple 30 seconds it took for me to visit his website and then another 10 seconds it took me to examine the photo's s of his product that is shown in the picture vs what an actual customer install looks like definitely shows two distinct sizes of vinyl which I circled in green. His responses and attitude toward his customers on this forum are not conducive of good business practice. By him stating his defense using the words "Nowhere on our website does it say that...insert problem" Is not the best way to respond in a forum or over the phone to his customers. He has sold lots of these vinyl pieces and I'm sure many are happy with the final results. However those few that have legitimate complaints should not be treated this way by any means. I always stand up for my fellow Camaro5 members and that is why I have taken the time to respond to this thread.

This is not a bash autoguy and his company ridergraphix thread... What this is giving him a chance to come back and resolve this issue with the OP the way he should in order to re-gain the respect of this forums members. If he makes a mistake, says something out of line, autoguy has the opportunity to set things straight right here so everyone can see he wants to keep doing business here while having the respect of this forums members.

Last edited by Supermans; 09-06-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote