Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #701
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Where did you find one to complete your collection?
When I take delivery it is going to Mallett.
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #702
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Was SS ever subordinate to the Z28 ??

Has Chevy ever put out the SS as a subordinate to the Z-28 I am not sure but I see the SS as being a model up on the Z-28 in 2012 or when ever it comes out.
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #703
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Well I could list what I saw, but then again that would be a dead give away of where I saw them wouldn't it. And I don't like getting people into trouble. Choose to believe me or not, your call, I figured someone would call it useless info.....then again some others might call this entire thread useless info
My point was what was the use of even posting you have seen anything?
It really doesn't make any sense, it is like a little kid saying.. Na na, I know something you don't know, and I'm not gonna tell ya... na na na na na......
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #704
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
NEW Z28 On ALPHA Platform...Overheard???

OK, since we are talking mid-late 2011 production, I figure GM might just produce this monster on the new Alpha platform, therefore you can imagine the pounds that would be saved. If anyone can verify this, we are talking huge difference in performance. And all this hypothetical hyperbole could be for naught!!

Left Lane News reported that "Looking a little bit deeper into the crystal ball, Stracke says the next-generation Camaro will be making the transition to GM’s upcoming Alpha platform. The Alpha platform is expected to be more compact than the Camaro’s current Zeta underpinnings, and will also serve as the architecture for at least two Cadillac models. "Enthusiasts will be happy to know the Z28 model will make the transition to the Alpha-based car"

If true, I'd prefer the Z28 to be introduced and lead the new Alpha stage. I might miss a little elbow room, but they will figure it out! Of course that begs the question, was the mule shown a decoy to take us all off the real excitement they are planning for us!!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #705
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
OK, since we are talking mid-late 2011 production, I figure GM might just produce this monster on the new Alpha platform, therefore you can imagine the pounds that would be saved. If anyone can verify this, we are talking huge difference in performance. And all this hypothetical hyperbole could be for naught!!

Left Lane News reported that "Looking a little bit deeper into the crystal ball, Stracke says the next-generation Camaro will be making the transition to GM’s upcoming Alpha platform. The Alpha platform is expected to be more compact than the Camaro’s current Zeta underpinnings, and will also serve as the architecture for at least two Cadillac models. "Enthusiasts will be happy to know the Z28 model will make the transition to the Alpha-based car"

If true, I'd prefer the Z28 to be introduced and lead the new Alpha stage. I might miss a little elbow room, but they will figure it out! Of course that begs the question, was the mule shown a decoy to take us all off the real excitement they are planning for us!!
Talk to FEN ,but he claims no Alpha until about 2015.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #706
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
Has Chevy ever put out the SS as a subordinate to the Z-28 I am not sure but I see the SS as being a model up on the Z-28 in 2012 or when ever it comes out.
Wrong thread many others with this topic. Go read those.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #707
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Talk to FEN ,but he claims no Alpha until about 2015.
Hey..... the Mule might be a decoy.. setting up a SNEAK ATTACK on the competition that we all get surprised by. It would be a dynamic move to intro Alpha with a Z28! And catch the competition flat footed thinking 2015 like FEN.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #708
motorhead

Quote:
Hey..... the Mule might be a decoy.. setting up a SNEAK ATTACK on the competition that we all get surprised by. It would be a dynamic move to intro Alpha with a Z28! And catch the competition flat footed thinking 2015 like FEN.
I think it would be a great Idea also and I too read that the Z/28 was coming out on the alpha platform in 2012 ,but that got shot down pretty quickly on here. Add 150hp and drop 500 to 600 lbs would be a recipe to beat the GT500 for sure.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #709
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Yes, there will be a 6th gen Z28 on Alpha, along with the 6th gen SS, 6th gen LT, and 6th gen LS (or what ever trim levels GM plans to use). It will not be exclusive to the Z28 and it is not expected for another 5 years or so.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #710
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
it is going to be tempting.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #711
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes, there will be a 6th gen Z28 on Alpha, along with the 6th gen SS, 6th gen LT, and 6th gen LS (or what ever trim levels GM plans to use). It will not be exclusive to the Z28 and it is not expected for another 5 years or so.
You crack me up every time you post that.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #712
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
You crack me up every time you post that.
Its getting as tiresome as "The Z28 should get the one of the new DI V8s that GM is working on"
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #713
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
All this talk has just got me too excited and now I might just give in and get the ZL585, it's supercharged and still has the 5yr warranty. I don't know if I can wait another year+... If the Z28 was going to have 600hp or something else amazing I might try and wait but it's getting too difficult

http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/zl550-zl575/
CrimsonHowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #714
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Well, it may seem flat-footed to you...but you can't snap your fingers and have a car all ready to drive. It takes years to develop, engineer, chassis-tune, road-test, and validate a brand new car. That they were able to pull a 5thgen Camaro out of the Renaissance Center in just a hair over 2 years is nothing short of amazing.

So...while I'd like to believe what you do, it's just not going to happen. Stracke's quote was misinterpreted....

Quote:
I think it would be a great Idea also and I too read that the Z/28 was coming out on the alpha platform in 2012 ,but that got shot down pretty quickly on here. Add 150hp and drop 500 to 600 lbs would be a recipe to beat the GT500 for sure.
If it dropped that much wieght, you wouldn't get that much hp added. It's unlikely the chassis would be able to handle the stress without the use of carbon fiber and other exotic materials which would drive up costs past what a Camaro is.

Though I'm hopeful, if Alpha lowers the weight by 400 lbs, I think we're lucky. Our best indication will be to look at the ATS and ATS-V when that line is released by Cadillac. It should give a good indication as to what a 6thgen Camaro on that platform would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonHowitzer View Post
All this talk has just got me too excited and now I might just give in and get the ZL585, it's supercharged and still has the 5yr warranty. I don't know if I can wait another year+... If the Z28 was going to have 600hp or something else amazing I might try and wait but it's getting too difficult

http://slpcamaro.com/zl-models/zl550-zl575/
As nice as it is (and it IS nice)....the SLP is not a Z28.

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28