Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #15
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Did anyone know you had those $1,200 in your car besides you? Maybe you told someone you were going to the bank.... Just sounds too...coincidental to me.
That's what I thought, specially since the car was
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj Sandman View Post
parked all the way up my driveway closest to my house ...

Sorry for long write up, I'm just venting.
Vent away if it will stop you from selling!!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #16
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Did anyone know you had those $1,200 in your car besides you? Maybe you told someone you were going to the bank.... Just sounds too...coincidental to me.

I lost $300 bucks once and never used cash again...

You should get a debit card.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #17
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
You left $1,200.00 in your console? What were you thinking? I won't even leave a magazine with my address on it in my car. In 1978 I had a mint 1970 Mercury Montego and it was stolen from my driveway in the middle of the night. The registration and title were in the glove box. I couldn't get paid from my insurance company until I got a duplicate title. That takes a long time in Massachusetts. They probably saw your Ipod and went for it. They got a bonus in the form of your $1,200.00. Keep your car and learn from this experience. I am sorry about your trouble.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #18
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
You left $1,200.00 in your console? What were you thinking? I won't even leave a magazine with my address on it in my car. In 1978 I had a mint 1970 Mercury Montego and it was stolen from my driveway in the middle of the night. The registration and title were in the glove box. I couldn't get paid from my insurance company until I got a duplicate title. That takes a long time in Massachusetts. They probably saw your Ipod and went for it. They got a bonus in the form of your $1,200.00. Keep your car and learn from this experience. I am sorry about your trouble.
Sorry to say this but I have to agree this this guy, cash is cash and EVEN if I could have my car parked in my garage I STILL wouldn't leave cash in it or ANYTHING valuable for that matter. Crooks are crooks and they will take anything, I learned early in life that I really dont need to carry much cash at all on me.
I live out in the sticks so I never really had a problem of someone just coming into my yard and messing with my stuff. I have a Boxer that a can hear a gnat fart from a mile away and he will alert me to ANYTHING that is going on outside and if that happens then out comes good 'ol Ruger with 2-15 round clips and one already in the chamber for the assist.
also if I had an iphone or something like it you can for be for sure to always find it on my person, I NEVER leave that stuff lying around where some punk can find it like in the center console, Thats the FIRST place they are going to look!
I mean nothing against you, you are already paying for your mistake, but maybe that is just the lesson that you needed to get vigilant when it comes to your valuables, I know it is a tough lesson to learn but to be blunt and honest with you I wouldn't chalk it up to "bad luck" because there are obvious variables there that WERE under your control, you chose to put those items in a not so secure location and they got stolen, don't blame it on bad luck.
You obviously are bummed out about it now and i will not harp on you anymore because I think you learn a tough lesson, but hey.....you might want to think about getting a dog/alarm/vid camera/etc... maybe even a gun!
Just keep your chin up and just chalk it up as "Lesson Learned"
Just my two cents
Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #19
cowboy1948

Drives: 10 LT2/RS-08 SILVERADO-05 COBALT
Cool

Quote:
The past month has been horrid. 4 weeks ago my passenger side front panel was keyed. Lost my car for 2 days as it was in the body shop, also lost $250 to get that done. Last week, at the movie theater, some dumb ass hit my driver side door while he opened up his/her door. Took off the paint (about a inch wide) and left some scratches on my car. I again had the car in the body shop for 2 more days and lost another $250. I got my car back this past Monday and on Wednesday night someone broke into my car and stole $1200 in cash and my Ipod touch while my car was on my driveway. And no, I don't live in a bad neighborhood.

If you're wondering why I had money in my car, I had taken the money out of my bank account so i could purchase rims the next morning. Since I got home at 1 am and parked all the way up my driveway closest to my house I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to leave the money in the center console where I have left my Ipod since I bought the car back in October.

Now i'm convinced Becky is giving me some bad luck and am thinking about selling her. Freaking sucks I have to even think about something like that.

Who knew you pulled out the $1200?:(

Retired
cowboy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
First thing i did was seen where u live its Detroit. I cant say im surprised with unemployment the way it is over there. In any case bad luck seems to go like that. U get it in bunch's then nothing for a long time. Hang in there it will get better.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
Gotadime

Drives: IOM RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Becky isn't your Camaro is she?
I'm really hoping that Becky is the Saab...

Ordered 4.20.10 | Delivered 6.8.10 (Recent Photos)
Upcoming mods: MRT V2 Exhaust, Apex LED Tails, CAI.
I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Debit cards FTW!!!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #23
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Wow, Sorry to hear about the multiple damages and break in. I know I’m paranoid where ever I park my car. Good luck with your repairs buddy! If anything, I always like to think that through someones misfortunes others can learn from it. So thanks for the post.

I never park anywhere near anyone else, not to be different or make my car stand out but because I don't wanna pay $250 for dent and paint repairs. (I saw a nice Z06 corvette the other day parked in between a minivan and a old pick-up... i couldnt help but think ). I hide my GPS and Radar always. I got my windows tinted as well. Just some ideas... anyone else feel free to add to the list of ways to protect your car???

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #24
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
sorry dude...I have had my share of bad luck this week too.......cost $ 1000 my dumb ass fault..poor "Mary-Jane"
Old 06-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #25
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
Wow, Sorry to hear about the multiple damages and break in. I know I’m paranoid where ever I park my car. Good luck with your repairs buddy! If anything, I always like to think that through someones misfortunes others can learn from it. So thanks for the post.

I never park anywhere near anyone else, not to be different or make my car stand out but because I don't wanna pay $250 for dent and paint repairs. (I saw a nice Z06 corvette the other day parked in between a minivan and a old pick-up... i couldnt help but think ). I hide my GPS and Radar always. I got my windows tinted as well. Just some ideas... anyone else feel free to add to the list of ways to protect your car???
Well said, I am so surprised during these economical tough times just what folk will steal. If it looks like they can make a quick buck off of it then they will take it.....period.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #26
Berean

Drives: Truck
Sounds like someone knew the $1200 was in there.

On the bright side, in these tough economic times, you're keeping the body shop guy employed.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #27
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Run its course

Quote:
The past month has been horrid. 4 weeks ago my passenger side front panel was keyed. Lost my car for 2 days as it was in the body shop, also lost $250 to get that done. Last week, at the movie theater, some dumb ass hit my driver side door while he opened up his/her door. Took off the paint (about a inch wide) and left some scratches on my car. I again had the car in the body shop for 2 more days and lost another $250. I got my car back this past Monday and on Wednesday night someone broke into my car and stole $1200 in cash and my Ipod touch while my car was on my driveway. And no, I don't live in a bad neighborhood.

If you're wondering why I had money in my car, I had taken the money out of my bank account so i could purchase rims the next morning. Since I got home at 1 am and parked all the way up my driveway closest to my house I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to leave the money in the center console where I have left my Ipod since I bought the car back in October.

Now i'm convinced Becky is giving me some bad luck and am thinking about selling her. Freaking sucks I have to even think about something like that.

Your bad luck has run its course since it seems to run in 3's
1st passenger side front panel was keyed

2nd dumb ass hit driver side door

3rd someone broke into car

its done your probably OK from now on now
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #28
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
look on the bright side, how many people look out in their driveway and see a 2010 camaro?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jealous ass holes