Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #15
ChevyShark10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT "Desi" (CGM/black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
paying off my credit card. lol
That's why I'm going the simple route haha! That and weddings ain't cheap! Or else I would have to agree with Wilsonation on headers
ChevyShark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #16
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
Mine is going to the bank. It's going to end up as part of a very big down payment on a 6gen 1LE
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #17
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
It can go three ways for me this year.....

scenario #1. Single turbo build

scenario #2. Solo high flow cats, BMR lowering sprongs, rims and HPTuners tune(if it ever comes out).

scenario #3. If my dealer gives me a good deal ill trade up to a red or black SS M6

oh the choices........
Old 01-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #18
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Pulleys and a tune, tires, paint the wheels, new brake pads.

What I'd like to get, but I won't this year, is some rear wheels with drag radials to throw on it on strip days. Next year maybe.

As far as all the other mess, stay on topic and...
Old 01-31-2014, 02:08 AM   #19
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
I'm hoping to only owe $3000 this year. That would be my treat.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:28 AM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
oh? ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSX View Post
.... Riiiiggghhhtt........
Quote:
Originally Posted by the barber View Post
If you getting money back...?
Didnt know I was a fool for having kids I guess.
because your letting the government keep your money interest free for a year. they're not actually giving your money, they're just retuning your overpayment. it's like buying a 30k camaro for 40k and then 12 months later getting the 10k back.

the smart thing to do (according to every financial planer on the planet) is change your withholding so you don't get a return, and take that extra money you get every paycheck and do something with it. though admittedly, in this day and age few people have the discipline to do it. the only way most people can save money is to overpay their taxes and then wait for uncle same to give it back to them in the spring.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 AM   #21
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Tax return??
You are a fool if you getting money back, imho.
For those confused by this it basically means you are giving the government a 1 year interest free loan of your hard earned money withheld from your pay checks.

Depending what you have going on, sometimes it's hard to predict - last year I wrote a big check, this year I'm getting a big refund. I bought a house plus worked for companies in multiple states so mines a little complicated.

As for what I'm spending it on - tankless water heater, bathroom remodel and euro rear end for my camaro.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 AM   #22
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
because your letting the government keep your money interest free for a year. they're not actually giving your money, they're just retuning your overpayment. it's like buying a 30k camaro for 40k and then 12 months later getting the 10k back.

the smart thing to do (according to every financial planer on the planet) is change your withholding so you don't get a return, and take that extra money you get every paycheck and do something with it. though admittedly, in this day and age few people have the discipline to do it. the only way most people can save money is to overpay their taxes and then wait for uncle same to give it back to them in the spring.
Beat me to it
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 AM   #23
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
I understand how some people feel that way about a tax refund,but to each his own i like getting 9-12k every febuary then another 5 to 8k in march for profit sharing. Bring on the money daddy needs some new camaro parts.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #24
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:

Just because people are getting a return, it doesn't mean that it's all from taxes. Could be education credits, money for kids, new home credit, etc...

For me, 90% of my return is from one of the education credits.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #25
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Tax return??
You are a fool if you getting money back, imho.
Well there's this I guess
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #26
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:

We had a kid in September do you have a number for the irs that I can call and get that tax credit sent to my account lmao some people don't think. Anyways I'm personally needing a transmission but it would like a head and cam kit.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #27
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Call me stupid. I put mine in a high interest account and watch it grow.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 AM   #28
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Stainless power 1 3/4" headers Maryland speed with cats, Cam kit, undersized pulley/harmonic balancer, cam gasket kit, ls2 timing chain damper, stainless exhaust gasket Texas Speed and Performance, then install all with Dyno tune HP..... I missed education credits the last two years and split my returns as should be with my wife ...Had to do amendments. Total cost around 4 thousand, the results..... priceless.