Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
Bigslick440

Drives: 2011 SS
camaro lemon law.

I have a 2011 ss bought 3 weeks ago. Transmission already has been replaced. Problem still persist and getting worst. Grinding badly into 2nd sometimes will not even go into gear. Dealer refuses to fix it. And tell me my only choice is to trade it in and lose 5000. It has 650 miles it had 200 when I bought it.

Just the other day the dash lit up service stabilitrak. AND light is on. Traction control doesn't work. I'm afraid to drive the car cause I don't know what will happen next.

I'm done dealing with dealers and service managers I don't even want this car. I had so much trouble in 3 weeks that cannot be resolved I just know the car will be a headache in the future. Dealership told me to call the BBB.

I have never had a car do this to me have never went through this process. And was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to's

And what to expect. Easy or hard process long term? I have not even made a first payment on the car and its been nothing but problems.
Bigslick440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Your Camaro is on early state of Tranforming into a bot!
..seriously, if all these problems are occuring, i will return the car back to the dealer, get my money back or a LAWYER has to come in action!

Don't be pushed about!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
you can always take it to another dealer doesnt have to be the one you bought it from
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
Bigslick440

I forgot to ad abs light is also on. Onstar told me that if that light is on my anti lock brakes won't work. Which is dangerous.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
Bigslick440

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
you can always take it to another dealer doesnt have to be the one you bought it from
I tried they all told me to go back to the dealer I bought it from and demand a new car. No one would stand for it.

And the dealer I got it from. I've purchased over 8 cars there before and all went well until now.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Go to the Manager of the Used Car Department and ask for your money back. If the answer is still no, then let him know your getting your attorney involved. You may actually have a case with the Lemon Law in which you could win. Letting the dealership know your getting your attorney involved may scare them enough to work with you. I personally don't like doing that to people, but at this point what else do you have to lose?
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 AM   #7
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Go to the Manager of the Used Car Department and ask for your money back. If the answer is still no, then let him know your getting your attorney involved. You may actually have a case with the Lemon Law in which you could win. Letting the dealership know your getting your attorney involved may scare them enough to work with you. I personally don't like doing that to people, but at this point what else do you have to lose?
+1
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I think you are in for a while before getting the problem solved. Meanwhile make sure you note everyting that's happened, date - name of dealer personnel - invoices - any written documents, which you should ask for for everything they say to you, don't accept verbal décisions or whatever. If don't want to put everything in writing, then you can plege bad intentions through GM and just leave the car in front of the dealership....get any invoices for car rentals etc.

Get a GM supervisor to come at the dealer, don't accept the dealer to deal with you anymore.

Send them a liability letter (I don't know the word in english, but in French it's Mise en demeure Get a google translation here.

I went through that kind of froblem in 2006 with a G6 GTP with a bad manual transmision....GM did a car swap. A real swap the just gave me the same car brand new with auto tranny.....

Ho by the way your dealer is checking on you, so let them know that your putting you case on Camaro5.com, you user name and write a lot on everything that's happened.

Thrust you me, the dealer and GM will follow your thread on a daily basis. I know that for a fact, they where spying on me before they decided to wsap the G6.

Buid yourself a case and get everything in detail. Will take a while though.

camarodriver on this site had an engine problem and he went through all the documentation thing and GM finally made him a goos deal.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigslick440 View Post
I tried they all told me to go back to the dealer I bought it from and demand a new car. No one would stand for it.
Not surprising that another dealer wouldn't want to get involved.

Look up what your state's specific lemon law is. Usually, there is a minimum amount of days or attempts to fix before it can kick in.

You said it had 200 miles on it when you bought it? Did you buy it used or new?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigslick440 View Post
I have a 2011 ss bought 3 weeks ago. Transmission already has been replaced. Problem still persist and getting worst. Grinding badly into 2nd sometimes will not even go into gear. Dealer refuses to fix it. And tell me my only choice is to trade it in and lose 5000. It has 650 miles it had 200 when I bought it.

Just the other day the dash lit up service stabilitrak. AND light is on. Traction control doesn't work. I'm afraid to drive the car cause I don't know what will happen next.

I'm done dealing with dealers and service managers I don't even want this car. I had so much trouble in 3 weeks that cannot be resolved I just know the car will be a headache in the future. Dealership told me to call the BBB.

I have never had a car do this to me have never went through this process. And was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to's

And what to expect. Easy or hard process long term? I have not even made a first payment on the car and its been nothing but problems.
That's not acceptable. Why won't they fix it? Did you tune it or do any major modifications? With all that's wrong, I would have it towed to the dealership and demand that they fix it if your warranty is still intact.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Look in the thread: Camaro issues problems and warranty section

There is a sticky (top of the thread list) that gives a very detailed description of your warranty rights:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27807

Good luck!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
mikeb27

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT
Contact Jeff Morris on this site, he is with GM Customer Service. Hopefully he can help you out or at least lead you in the right direction.
mikeb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Let me get this straight.

You bought a NEW car, presumably with warrantee. The car is having obvious problems. When you bring the car to the dealer, are you able to reproduce these problems or are they one-time deals?

I'm sorry, but if you can show your car is doing these things, then you have to insist they be fixed under warrantee. If they refuse, then get a lawyer and let them know that.

Is there something about this you aren't telling us? I can't, for the life of me, figure out why a dealer would refuse to do warrantee work on your car. As someone else mentioned...were there mods done? Was the car tuned?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
does your dealer know the car has a warranty ? you also might try another dealer.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote