Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
marsmann

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Vert M6
SLP Skip Shift - Wrong part?

I ordered the SLP skip shift eliminator. Tried installing it today, Saturday. I am wondering if they sent me the wrong part. The end that plugs into the transmission sensor clips in fine, but the longer black end that goes into the car's wiring plug doesn't fit. At first I thought the orientation was wrong but it just looks like the pins are too big or wide. It doesn't go in despite the amount of strength or effort. At one point I was pushing it in so hard I thought I would surely break it.

I looked inside and the pins are straight, not bent. The item is labeled 21008 but I really have to question if it is the right part.

I am plugging into the proper sensor halfway down the trans on the driver's side, not the reverse plug on the rear of the trans. No concerns there and no bent pins or other issues.

Anyone have any ideas? I was going to call SLP but it is Saturday...

marsmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Double check and make SURE you're trying to connect it to the right trans harness as there's more than one in the same vicinity.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote