Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Gen5SSRS

Drives: Black 2010 1SS RS,
Auto Indexing Window Broken

I leave my windows open slightly because of the heat(approx. 1"). I came out, got in the car and my drivers window had closed itself. When I started the car, the info center told me to open and close my window. This went on for several days, and the indexing feature stopped working. . Not wanting to experience the joy of hoping my dealership could repair it without desimating my ride, I searched the threads and found one on a different problem, however the thread also explained how to reset the window module. With the key on roll the windowdown all the the way and hold the switch for 3 seconds, then roll up and hold switch for three seconds, repeat once more. I tried it and Tah Dah!!! Problem solved! If you have a similar problem try this. Thanx Camaro5 web site for saving me a trip to the dealer!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Glad that fixed your issue.

The steps to reset the windows is on page 1-16 of your owner's manual as well.

Quote:
To program each front window,
follow these steps:
1. With the ignition in ACC/
ACCESSORY, ON/RUN,
or when Retained Accessory
Power (RAP) is active, close
all doors.
2. Press and hold the power
window switch until the window
is fully open.
3. Pull the power window switch up
until the window is fully closed.
4. Continue holding the switch up
for approximately two seconds
after the window is completely
closed.
The window is now reprogrammed.
Repeat the process for the other
windows.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
bonnhew

Drives: Audi A5
are these windows all power? (i mean is it one touch down and one touch up?
bonnhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnhew View Post
Yes. One touch up and one touch down. Push the button again in the same direction while the window is moving and it will stop where it's at.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Gen5SSRS

They are also 2 position switches. Press lightly and the window will stop when you let off the switch, up or down. Press the switch all the way and they will express up or down. The sunroof switch is the same way.
Gen5SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
bonnhew

Drives: Audi A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Yes. One touch up and one touch down. Push the button again in the same direction while the window is moving and it will stop where it's at.
thank u.. and it applies for both the windows right?
bonnhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
Gen5SSRS

Yup
Gen5SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SSRS View Post
I leave my windows open slightly because of the heat(approx. 1"). I came out, got in the car and my drivers window had closed itself. When I started the car, the info center told me to open and close my window. This went on for several days, and the indexing feature stopped working. . Not wanting to experience the joy of hoping my dealership could repair it without desimating my ride, I searched the threads and found one on a different problem, however the thread also explained how to reset the window module. With the key on roll the windowdown all the the way and hold the switch for 3 seconds, then roll up and hold switch for three seconds, repeat once more. I tried it and Tah Dah!!! Problem solved! If you have a similar problem try this. Thanx Camaro5 web site for saving me a trip to the dealer!!!
This just happened to me. I came on this site did a search and found you and I did what you said (once) and "Voila" it worked. Thanks
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I love this feature, it always tripes my friends out!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
peel out
Peel Out

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange 6sp
THANKS!!!!

It just worked for me!!!!!!!!
peel out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Alright, I'm trying the manual method of reindexing the windows, but having problems.
It seems my driver side opens very little - about 1/8 inch or so, just barely clearing the molding, and the passenger side now opens about 3/4", a lot more than it used to.
I've tried following the procedure in the manual, opening the window all the way, then immediately closing it and holding up for 5 seconds after it's all the way up...
Tried with both half presses down and up, then full pressess on the switch down, then up. Tried with half press down, full pull up, and full press down and half press up.
Tried opening and closing the door before doing it. Tried it with key in ACC position, with key in full on position.

Is there some kind of trick to re-index the windows?
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Gen5SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
Alright, I'm trying the manual method of reindexing the windows, but having problems.
It seems my driver side opens very little - about 1/8 inch or so, just barely clearing the molding, and the passenger side now opens about 3/4", a lot more than it used to.
I've tried following the procedure in the manual, opening the window all the way, then immediately closing it and holding up for 5 seconds after it's all the way up...
Tried with both half presses down and up, then full pressess on the switch down, then up. Tried with half press down, full pull up, and full press down and half press up.
Tried opening and closing the door before doing it. Tried it with key in ACC position, with key in full on position.

Is there some kind of trick to re-index the windows?
Try Pressing the switch all the way down. Once the window is down, continue holding switch for 2 seconds. Then roll window up, once up continue to hold switch 2 seconds. If this doesn't work, a trip to dealer may be necc.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnhew View Post
If you just push it part the way down it will only move until you release the button, from what I have heard when you reindex your window do not use the one touch feature, it won't work that way.. upi should be able to feel a detent in the switch where you go from manual to the one touch feature.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
SPYDERMAN1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 Victory Red
At last I thought I was the only one that had this issue. The dealer didint know how to fix it. Thanks everyone !!!!!!
SPYDERMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote