Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #71
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Lots of kids on these " forums" with more time and money than sense, of course the mustang with its higher revving dual overhead knuckle busting engine and weight advantage and straight axle should have a advantage...about as much as if the Camaro lost weight from going to a straight axle......... Still dollar for dollar the Camaro takes the 5.o in value for dollar and buildability no problem!!!! I have 500 rwhp, I just installed a vmax to go north from 491 on a mustang dyno. My three mods are CAI, SP headers and the best TSP cam. I have a m-6 2013 with dual mode and electric power steering. Try to get a mustang to 500 rwhp with the parts I installed and money.....what come up thousands short like as in a cam short or so and a few knuckle busting hours short? To build our cars to what they should be cost more with the automatic, all Camaros are undercammed and many on here still did not do them enough justice even with the vaunted "night fury".
I owned ford products way before some were born on here, off mustangs were knuckle busters too...huge shock towers you had to cut out to make way for headers, suspect front suspension, drop in bomb gas tank.... Mustangs used to be for the masses and then had to get h.p. due to the CAMaro.........
Don't get me wrong, mustangs have come a long way yet are still knuckle busters under the hood is so crowded its funny, and the engine will take more time and money to build, and mustang owners love to diss our "ancient " pushrod tech, as if they did not ever use pushrods for a hundred years!!!! Well they diss them until they have to work on their nightmare.
The point here is when pricing Camaro versus challenger versus mustang: two came out more expensive with a lot less options and with more expensive engines to build the twin overhead cam 5.0 and the srt 8 hemi way more. Sure they built a core model since for those who only like to stare at the space where radio should be.... lol And now in desperation its cool they are making a Hellcat. Yet the Camaro compared came with a 2ss: heated seats, HUD, autodimming lights and mirror and automatic lights and such...back up sensor....IRSSSSS for god sake to make it handle like a dream, and etc etc etc the mustang did not have or the challenger or unless you wanted to pay a lot more as in track packs.... etc etc add ons.
SO stock for stock the mustang yes is more purpose built, now its got to go IRS so the playing field is gonna go down for them. Frankly Man up Guys, spanking a Mustang is all in knowing I built my NA rig to handle just such a occasion and with the 3.91's going in and wheel hop handled thanks to better suspension I will be right about 50 grand in my car with custom wheels, clear bra, badges, etc etc and take a srt8 to the bank and a mustang unless they have spent a lot more money than me and that's what I am talking about. Dollar for dollar and good looks we win everytime if the builds done up right, and the playing field is level..oh sure forget about going around corners only going straight........ or forget about the feel of the car or the safety or the creature comforts or looks......... Why we might as well be in Gremlins with 390 amc motors and giant blowers out the hood and wheelie bars ............ BY god then we can out perform those Mustangs............. That's what these posts do, they pick one portion of the cars characteristics since stock is all that matters...lol and compare it. Why are there no posts: hey Mustangs still have to look at there dash to see the speed how cave man! Wow what skinny tires on a stang?
This place is increasingly for the young, and not us old motorheads. Guess I should go buy a hellcat now and make it go faster.

perhaps we'll run into each other at woodburn or PIR sometime and you can shows me how superior your Camaro is.. and FYI I am a motorhead and also own a stage 2 powered Buick

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #72
87GNX

Drives: Alot
lmao at this ....50k for 500rwhp? Could have done better with my eyes closed and one arm.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #73
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
491 wheel hp from headers, cam and intake?

assuming only a 12 percent drivetrain loss that is almost 560 horsepower at the crank. You're saying you picked up hundred thirty horsepower from just that?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #74
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
491 wheel hp from headers, cam and intake?

assuming only a 12 percent drivetrain loss that is almost 560 horsepower at the crank. You're saying you picked up hundred thirty horsepower from just that?
It is possible some have been over 500 rwhp with his mods. But that is one big ass cam though.

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #75
HeaterMan

Quote:
I will be right about 50 grand in my car with custom wheels, clear bra, badges, etc etc and take a srt8 to the bank and a mustang unless they have spent a lot more money than me and that's what I am talking about. Dollar for dollar and good looks we win everytime if the builds done up right, and the playing field is level..oh sure forget about going around corners only going straight........ or forget about the feel of the car or the safety or the creature comforts or looks.........
first of all "good looks" are subjective and just as many people hate the look of the Camaro as like it .. at least from what I have observed. and I guarantee I can spend way less than you and prove you wrong.... freaking underdash and underbody lights?? give me a break. you have a clear bra because the paint quality is absolutely horrid on GM products right now..

Quote:
under dash/body lights LED, DRL lights/halos, Dash kit, Custom striping and Sparks badges and Engine badge, Corvette Stainless engine cover, etc.
none of the above crap means anything for performance. it's all about stroking your car ego with as much fluff as you can install on it. I don't dislike Camaro's at all in fact that's why I bought one but what I do dislike is ignorant people like you who are fanboys and can't appreciate other brands no matter if they are your choice or not. I am in the process of a couple improvements on my car at the moment and look forward to potentially running into you at the track.. that is unless your one of those guys who talks numbers but never ever backs it up with a time slip

and I will be looking at Buying a Camaro again when the 6th gen comes out.

2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)

Last edited by HeaterMan; 07-27-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #76
HeaterMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I want to know the truth. How much faster is a stock 5.0 Coyote than a Camaro SS LS3, ive seen many videos, some show a very close race with equal drivers in the 1/4 mile but to hear everyone here tell it the 5.0 just totally smokes the LS3's.

I had a 2013 5.0 and to me it didnt seem that much faster if at all and the 5.0 also had alot less low end torque compared to my LS3 or am I dreaming?

Whats the honest unbiased truth with these 2 in the 1/4 mile.

You can also chime in regarding the Challenger R/T's as well.
I can only answer based on my experience and I have owned both cars. yes the Mustang is faster stock.. BUT.. the Camaro felt faster.. when I traded my Camaro in for a 5.0 auto and started getting used to the Mustang I felt like the Mustang was not as fast or powerful as the Camaro. however when I took the mustang to the track the first time I was totally surprised by the 12 second time slip.. of course the Camaro is going to feel faster on the street it has 77 more cubic inches and thus more low end torque. I have noticed that when at the track my car comes out of the hole a bit lazy and doesn't really start to pull hard until about 100 ft when rpm's come up to where the 5.0 starts making power.

2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #77
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Once you get past all the comments on this thread..the truth is ...if you drive a camaro...you will beat a mustang. If you drive a mustang ...you will beat a camaro. Throw out all the internet times and perfect world scenarios and you will find that both cars get beat by the other all the time.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #78
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
first of all "good looks" are subjective and just as many people hate the look of the Camaro as like it .. at least from what I have observed. and I guarantee I can spend way less than you and totally rape your butt at the track. freaking underdash and underbody lights?? give me a break. you have a clear bra because the paint quality is absolutely horrid on GM products right now..

none of the above crap means anything for performance. it's all about stroking your car ego with as much fluff as you can install on it. I don't dislike Camaro's at all in fact that's why I bought one but what I do dislike is ignorant people like you who are fanboys and can't appreciate other brands no matter if they are your choice or not. I am in the process of a couple improvements on my car at the moment and look forward to potentially running into you at the track.. that is unless your one of those guys who talks numbers but never ever backs it up with a time slip

"and totally rape your butt"
Dude?
Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #79
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
first of all "good looks" are subjective and just as many people hate the look of the Camaro as like it .. at least from what I have observed. and I guarantee I can spend way less than you and totally rape your butt at the track. freaking underdash and underbody lights?? give me a break. you have a clear bra because the paint quality is absolutely horrid on GM products right now..

Agreed, I never understood the whole brand loyalty or fan boy thing. I appreciate a damn good performer regardless of who produces it. At any given time I will have a 5-0 added to my stable w/o giving up the camaro why? Because I like and appreciate both
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #80
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I have owned both, 13' GT M6 and 10' SS A6. So I get to fanboy/trash both.
No but this is pretty spot on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Once you get past all the comments on this thread..the truth is ...if you drive a camaro...you will beat a mustang. If you drive a mustang ...you will beat a camaro. Throw out all the internet times and perfect world scenarios and you will find that both cars get beat by the other all the time.
Its just how it is. That and beyond stock its who has the deeper pockets.
Stock for Stock (same driver skill) the favor is towards the Mustang.
Now everyone pull your pants up and stop

EDIT: This part is subjective, but I sure did think the GT sounded better, stock for stock. FWIW..
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #81
HeaterMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouseeSS View Post
"and totally rape your butt"
Dude?
yeah, that was probably a bit much..lol I toned it down a bit.

2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #82
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Lots of kids on these " forums" with more time and money than sense, of course the mustang with its higher revving dual overhead knuckle busting engine and weight advantage and straight axle should have a advantage...about as much as if the Camaro lost weight from going to a straight axle......... Still dollar for dollar the Camaro takes the 5.o in value for dollar and buildability no problem!!!! I have 500 rwhp, I just installed a vmax to go north from 491 on a mustang dyno. My three mods are CAI, SP headers and the best TSP cam. I have a m-6 2013 with dual mode and electric power steering. Try to get a mustang to 500 rwhp with the parts I installed and money.....what come up thousands short like as in a cam short or so and a few knuckle busting hours short? To build our cars to what they should be cost more with the automatic, all Camaros are undercammed and many on here still did not do them enough justice even with the vaunted "night fury".
I owned ford products way before some were born on here, off mustangs were knuckle busters too...huge shock towers you had to cut out to make way for headers, suspect front suspension, drop in bomb gas tank.... Mustangs used to be for the masses and then had to get h.p. due to the CAMaro.........
Don't get me wrong, mustangs have come a long way yet are still knuckle busters under the hood is so crowded its funny, and the engine will take more time and money to build, and mustang owners love to diss our "ancient " pushrod tech, as if they did not ever use pushrods for a hundred years!!!! Well they diss them until they have to work on their nightmare.
The point here is when pricing Camaro versus challenger versus mustang: two came out more expensive with a lot less options and with more expensive engines to build the twin overhead cam 5.0 and the srt 8 hemi way more. Sure they built a core model since for those who only like to stare at the space where radio should be.... lol And now in desperation its cool they are making a Hellcat. Yet the Camaro compared came with a 2ss: heated seats, HUD, autodimming lights and mirror and automatic lights and such...back up sensor....IRSSSSS for god sake to make it handle like a dream, and etc etc etc the mustang did not have or the challenger or unless you wanted to pay a lot more as in track packs.... etc etc add ons.
SO stock for stock the mustang yes is more purpose built, now its got to go IRS so the playing field is gonna go down for them. Frankly Man up Guys, spanking a Mustang is all in knowing I built my NA rig to handle just such a occasion and with the 3.91's going in and wheel hop handled thanks to better suspension I will be right about 50 grand in my car with custom wheels, clear bra, badges, etc etc and take a srt8 to the bank and a mustang unless they have spent a lot more money than me and that's what I am talking about. Dollar for dollar and good looks we win everytime if the builds done up right, and the playing field is level..oh sure forget about going around corners only going straight........ or forget about the feel of the car or the safety or the creature comforts or looks......... Why we might as well be in Gremlins with 390 amc motors and giant blowers out the hood and wheelie bars ............ BY god then we can out perform those Mustangs............. That's what these posts do, they pick one portion of the cars characteristics since stock is all that matters...lol and compare it. Why are there no posts: hey Mustangs still have to look at there dash to see the speed how cave man! Wow what skinny tires on a stang?
This place is increasingly for the young, and not us old motorheads. Guess I should go buy a hellcat now and make it go faster.

soooo much butt hurt!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #83
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
soooo much butt hurt!
No, some people call it "tunnel vision"
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #84
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Dont confuse the butt hurt or tunnel vision ......with experience and some knowledge. There is alot of members on here that were wrenching on these cars long before alot of the internet mechanics were born. Google makes everyone so smart. Camaro 5 is a mix of young and old. Remember the grass roots of these cars....alot of you dont .
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote