Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
actually that is not a joke for other v6 cars. for an example, the new 2011 v6 mustang are getting up to 30 hp rwhp on stock car with sct, diablo, and other tuners. Sct bama offer fee lifetime tune and can store up to 3 tunes like 87 street, 93 performance, 93 race, and you can also go back to stock anytime. With other mods they are gaining 50plus with simple bolt on, so yes other v6's are getting nothing but love.
Try to even advance 1 degree of timing on our v6 and you might be looking at knocking central, I just dont understand why gm didnt give us v6'ers any room to play with but it seem like tampa tuning is now looking into tuning but I am sure it will be another diablo case and if there was any good gains to be made than trifecta probably already done it instead of offering tweaks to your existing mod or tranny shift points and etc..

im not refering to that ebay crap either, I dont know what the eff that is
just imagine if our engine can be tuned like I mentioned above.

Don't need to add timing... simply start running premium... Car will start running more timing.

I don't get the your logic on "just imagine if our engine can be tuned like I mentioned above." I mean the car was optimized from the factory... That's not a bad thing... the flip side of your argument is, that I have to spend $400 and risk my powertrain warranty to optimize my ford motor...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Don't need to add timing... simply start running premium... Car will start running more timing.

I don't get the your logic on "just imagine if our engine can be tuned like I mentioned above." I mean the car was optimized from the factory... That's not a bad thing... the flip side of your argument is, that I have to spend $400 and risk my powertrain warranty to optimize my ford motor...
+1 yea he's made a couple threads about cracking the ECM. I don't get why he thinks it's a bad thing that you can't push anymore power out from stock.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
Foundryrat

Drives: 2014 camaro convertible rs
Don't know about the v6 but was involved with the l5 that was in the Colorado truck we were getting 350 hp but couldn't get the emissions to fall in the passing range
Mpg was around 28mpg
Foundryrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer chip, performance chip, performance module chip, v6 chip