Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
gss9909

Drives: 1999 camaro ss
camaro update (husrt shifter, cgm)

2010 CAMARO
Product Updates:
21st CENTURY SPORTS CAR PRODUCTION UNDERWAY – SHIPPING TO START SOON
On March 16, the first regular retail production Camaro started production in Oshawa. The shipping of units from Oshawa to dealers should begin shortly.
Last of the Camaro Early Ordering Welcome Kits to be mailed soon
The final batch of Camaro Welcome Kits will be mailed to customers in early April. If you have a customer who submitted a Camaro order under the Early Ordering Activity and did not receive or found their kit was damaged, let us know using the “contact us” feature on the Camaro channel of Chevylaunch.com. Please include customer‟s name, address, and order number when submitting an inquiry; and remember, it takes approximately 45 days to process a request. The final day to submit an inquiry will be Thursday, April 30, 2009.
Constraint Updates:
Hurst Short Throw Shifter (LPO code VYV)
Since start of production, the LPO Short Throw Shifter (code VYV) has been constrained as Chevrolet prepares to move the Hurst Shifter into the plant as a Regular Production Option.
The Hurst Shifter RPO is still a couple weeks away from introduction. In the interim, all Camaro orders with the LPO VYV were placed on “error pending” status. This status requires dealers to review and correct the order by removing the VYV option code Once the code is removed, the order will return to its normal “on hand” status and be eligible to be placed into production. Should your customer choose to wait for the Hurst Shifter, leave VYV on the order, and any orders that remain with VYV after the new "Factory Installed RPO" code is issued will have the VYV LPO code replaced with the new RPO code.
Cyber Gray Metallic Paint (RPO code GBV)
This should be the last week the Cyber Gray Metallic (RPO code: GBV) will be on constraint. Pending validation approval, Cyber Gray Metallic will be available for order submission.
High Wing Spoiler (LPO code 5V5)
The LPO / Dealer-installed accessory High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) remains on full constraint.
gss9909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
thanks for the update
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Thanks! Good info. gss9909. For me, especially that about the Welcome Kit which I still haven't received.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I'm going to inform my dealer that my welcome kit did in fact arrive damaged...AND they mis-spelled my last name on my illustration. :(
Old 03-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
C6Z06

Drives: a few
Good info, thanks. I wanted the shifter, but I'd rather take it without if the car is built soon.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Great news! Just a couple more weeks!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
This is good news, the last I heard it was going to be Q3 before it is ready.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Thanks... I wanted the hurst shifter as my only option other than the r/s pkg.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just in time... my Dealer contacted me today and wants me to change my color so my order can go in. I also haven't received a Welcome Kit.

THANKS for the Info!!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
That's great news!!! Looks like my dealer was dead on about cgm constraint being lifted before my order gets pulled during the 9th-13th pick up.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
what is this high wing spoiler? Its not on the builder....please tell me it isn't something that looks like it should be on a import
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
what is this high wing spoiler? Its not on the builder....please tell me it isn't something that looks like it should be on a import

i know it looks PS'ed, but that's the actual car they had it on
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
how reliable is this info? where did you get this info from?
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
fbodfather can you confirm this?

someone just posted this, can you confirm this? I'm interested in the info on CGM

2010 CAMARO
Product Updates:
21st CENTURY SPORTS CAR PRODUCTION UNDERWAY – SHIPPING TO START SOON
On March 16, the first regular retail production Camaro started production in Oshawa. The shipping of units from Oshawa to dealers should begin shortly.
Last of the Camaro Early Ordering Welcome Kits to be mailed soon
The final batch of Camaro Welcome Kits will be mailed to customers in early April. If you have a customer who submitted a Camaro order under the Early Ordering Activity and did not receive or found their kit was damaged, let us know using the “contact us” feature on the Camaro channel of Chevylaunch.com. Please include customer‟s name, address, and order number when submitting an inquiry; and remember, it takes approximately 45 days to process a request. The final day to submit an inquiry will be Thursday, April 30, 2009.
Constraint Updates:
Hurst Short Throw Shifter (LPO code VYV)
Since start of production, the LPO Short Throw Shifter (code VYV) has been constrained as Chevrolet prepares to move the Hurst Shifter into the plant as a Regular Production Option.
The Hurst Shifter RPO is still a couple weeks away from introduction. In the interim, all Camaro orders with the LPO VYV were placed on “error pending” status. This status requires dealers to review and correct the order by removing the VYV option code Once the code is removed, the order will return to its normal “on hand” status and be eligible to be placed into production. Should your customer choose to wait for the Hurst Shifter, leave VYV on the order, and any orders that remain with VYV after the new "Factory Installed RPO" code is issued will have the VYV LPO code replaced with the new RPO code.
Cyber Gray Metallic Paint (RPO code GBV)
This should be the last week the Cyber Gray Metallic (RPO code: GBV) will be on constraint. Pending validation approval, Cyber Gray Metallic will be available for order submission.
High Wing Spoiler (LPO code 5V5)
The LPO / Dealer-installed accessory High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) remains on full constraint.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote