Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #29
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckle dragger View Post
Well dealership said it is done but the GM Tech line wants them to put some miles on it to see if all is OK. I get it tomorrow around noon. I know that they cant put many miles on it OnStar says that I have 54 miles left until fill up lol.
Appreciate your updates,

Let us know how everything looks when you get it back.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
knuckle dragger

Drives: Black 2SS/RS and White ZL1
The final verdict was the tcm had a solenoid that was shorted out. They replaced the tcm and programmed it... So far all is well. On a positive note the transmission fluid has been changed with 13,000 miles on her for free.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
The final verdict was the tcm had a solenoid that was shorted out. They replaced the tcm and programmed it... So far all is well. On a positive note the transmission fluid has been changed with 13,000 miles on her for free.

Great news!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #32
WILD67

Drives: '12 ZL1 / '67 RS
Great to hear that this was resolved.
I just started experiencing the same issue and had the car into the dealer yesterday. The tech was able to replicate the surging however I was told that this is "normal in high hp cars with traction control on" (???), and that was "no surging noticed with the TC off". However I have experienced this with nannies on and off.
I've put 10k km on the car through all modes and never experienced this until recently, yet this is now somehow normal and I don't know what i'm experiencing. Back to the dealer again today to speak with the foreman who apparently confirmed what the tech said... without a road test. At least I'm now armed with some info.
WILD67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #33
sprather

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Coupe
Similar problem with 2013 auto 14K miles and a new tranny control module fixed the problem.
BFG G-Force Rivals 285/315
sprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #34
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Well dealer said needed a new Transmission Control Module. It is ordered and will be in tomorrow... we will see....
I had similar conditions in my 13 ZL1 and it was low tranny fluid. No one could figure it out till I had a transmission shop look at it and he said fill it up till it spills over (only way to tell its full) and we found it was very low. Went away after that.