Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2024, 04:01 PM   #15
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcardenal View Post
No luck with this issue. Now i have another weird issue popping up. I turn the vehicle "off" but the engine keeps running. The only way i can get to turn off is by removing the fuel pump relay.....
Are you getting any DTCs (even if MIL isn’t lit)?
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:00 PM   #16
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
OP- you scared me into buying a new battery before mine died off completely. Have you resolved your issues?
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:23 AM   #17
Mcardenal

Drives: 2018 Nightfall Gray Metalic ZL1 A10
Hello to anybody following. Finally caved and took into the dealer. First they said it was a faulty ECM and replaced it (surprisingly under warranty), but the issue persisted. Second they tried an alternate, known working fuse panel and still had issue. They finally traced it to a faulty front seat heat control module. They want to charge me $1200 to replace it.....
I looked it up, its about $50-120 in parts.
They are crazy
Mcardenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 07:29 AM   #18
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Hello to anybody following. Finally caved and took into the dealer. First they said it was a faulty ECM and replaced it (surprisingly under warranty), but the issue persisted. Second they tried an alternate, known working fuse panel and still had issue. They finally traced it to a faulty front seat heat control module. They want to charge me $1200 to replace it.....
They are crazy
That's insane. Not sure if the module has to be programed VIN specific but even if it is I think you could take it to a reputable shop and have them install it and program for a couple hours labor. Shops have to pay a subscription fee for programming access, luckily it's not a stellantis brand I heard their fee is insane.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 07:37 AM   #19
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
They are crazy
Well I guess you got good news-bad news! I wonder since you live in FLA if you could just disconnect the seat heater module and/or shunt it and move on?

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:07 PM   #20
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
If they know it will fix the problem I would just pay it and put that issue behind you. Probably charging you for the diagnosis also.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 06:47 AM   #21
Mcardenal

Hey everyone, Just wanted to give the final update.

I decided to do it myself.

Quick version: Replaced the front seat heater control module (located under the passenger seat) and everything works. $350 diagnostics and $40 module ($390 total)

Long Version: Picked up the ZL1 Monday afternoon. While I waited for the someone to retrieve my car, the service rep told me he was pretty sure they had the module in stock (with a wink and a nod). I went to the parts sales counter a few moments later expecting a ridiculous price like in the repair quote ($179 FYI). Low and behold!, They had 1 module in stock for a whopping $39!!
I couldn't believe the same dealer was quoting me $179 for the same part through the service department???!!!
SIDE NOTE: In order to avoid all the gremlins while they had it, they simply disconnected the heater control module (hard to believe a seat heater module can cause so much chaos!!??). The module is located at the very front edge, underneath the passenger seat. The cables connectors are accessible without removal of the seat.

I removed the seat but think you may be able to do it with the seat in place???

Anyways, I hope this thread helps the next guy with a weird gremlin.
Old 02-11-2024, 06:50 AM   #22
Mcardenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
That's insane. Not sure if the module has to be programed VIN specific but even if it is I think you could take it to a reputable shop and have them install it and program for a couple hours labor. Shops have to pay a subscription fee for programming access, luckily it's not a stellantis brand I heard their fee is insane.
FYI: No programming needed for new module. Just plug and play.
Old 02-11-2024, 06:53 AM   #23
Mcardenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
If they know it will fix the problem I would just pay it and put that issue behind you. Probably charging you for the diagnosis also.
I always expected to pay the diagnostics fee. They charged me $350 out the door.