Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
C5_medic11

Drives: 2011 SIM LS Camaro
Solo-performance exhaust reviews-V6

Looking for opinions, good and bad, on the solo-performance exhaust for V6 Camaro. With all my research I think I like it the most but it is hard to tell when not hearing one in person. Looking for overall opinion, installation, sound, sound level, performance, etc. I liked the MRT before I heard this, just deciding which way to go. Thanks for input!
C5_medic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. I love it. Installation was done by them. The sound awesome. The sound level is good and even better when you accelerate...cruising level just the right sound. Performance wise you will say there is a bit more kick...on the dyno I got about 10 HP with catback & CAI. Now I have the HFC & I`m installing shorty headers in a few weeks...so that will change again the sound. This time I will Tune the car & do a Dyno after. Of course I will post when all done...depending how long we have left for winter. I can tell you that everyone that heard my set up so far fell in love with it & some have already bought the kit & will be installing it soon.....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
C5_medic11

Sounds good, looking forward to getting mine! How was the cat install? Fairly easy? Let me know what you think when headers are on and it's all done. That's the direction I'm looking at going with mine too.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
C5_medic11

Anyone else?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I've had mine for well over a year and absolutely love it. I've got an M6 so mine is a bit different than RickRay's. I think the sound is just right for the V6. It doesn't sound weak or tinny or raspy. It just sounds like a high performance V6 should. I will say that it can get much louder than the stock exhaust ever will, if you get on it. It will also allow you to cruise through a parking garage without being overly obnoxious. If I had to do it all over again, I'd pick the exact same exhaust.

If you are going to Camaro5 Fest, you will probably be able to hear every possible V6 exhaust option in person before committing to one.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The Solo is a great system! Got all the best, weight,performance, sound, and more important Cost !
I have it on my coupe and will be putting one on my vert in a few weeks (when GM decides to ship) ! Get rid of those trash can mufflers and get your solo on ! No axle back is really close (IMHO) !
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Well I'm leaning towards the Solo,Corsa is nice too but the Solo will save me 4-500.00
Both are supposed to have no drone.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Originally I was going to get the Solo as well. I went with Corsa... I love the sounds of both systems, though they sound different.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Originally I was going to get the Solo as well. I went with Corsa... I love the sounds of both systems, though they sound different.
Corsa is a sweet exhaust
Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I have seen and heard RickRay's set up and I have a kit sitting in my garage to be installed in March. I've seen and heard others but juts the fact that there is no drone it's a major issue since the drone happens arond 2,000 RPM and thats is the RPM at usual cruising speed (110KMS or around 70 miles-hour).

Also, the look is so different:

Name:  solo j pipes.jpg
Views: 2077
Size:  349.2 KB
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Honestly, I have nothing but good things to say, I absolutely love my SOLO exhaust and every time I start my car up, since I had it installed in April, I get excited every time. The thought of starting up my car to hear my exhaust just gives me perma grin.
I dont think there is one member here who has had a negative comment about the system or company. Ill refer them to everyone because the cat back is insane. Love them! Cant wait to get some shorties
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
I have seen and heard RickRay's set up and I have a kit sitting in my garage to be installed in March. I've seen and heard others but juts the fact that there is no drone it's a major issue since the drone happens arond 2,000 RPM and thats is the RPM at usual cruising speed (110KMS or around 70 miles-hour).

Also, the look is so different:

Attachment 210946
UM.
Whats with the extra pipes? noise cancellation? I don't understand the need for those 2 extra opposing pipes. seems like a loss of backpressure, performance, and sound.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkThndr66 View Post
UM.
Whats with the extra pipes? noise cancellation? I don't understand the need for those 2 extra opposing pipes. seems like a loss of backpressure, performance, and sound.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=solo+pipes

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=solo+pipes

I don't have these on my SOLO exhaust and I like the way it sounds as is.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for answering that quick question. I guess what I would want is a comparison video and dyno. Does it really take out the drone without affecting the tone? Does this cause any performance loss/gain? Is it worth it I guess is the question.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote