Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
As I said in our PM's, Full bushings are a must at your power level. There is not much NVH transmitted by the solid bushings, but the movement they prevent/stop is crazy.

I know most have seen this video, but to this day, it's probably the best demonstration of deflection in the suspension I have seen.

Do it once, do it right; go with Pfadt.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
casper sc/1ss/rs

Drives: 2011 camaro ss vortech supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Hey this forum's for motorheads, LOL. You're lucky we can type!!!
casper sc/1ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Damn Tyler. Something else I can't afford but want (and probably need)...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
That video definitely makes me a believer. That price is up there though. I'm gonna work on the Toe rods and UCAs and then eventually work my way to the cradle bushings. So many parts I need! LOL.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Just drop the cradle down far enough for a socket to go between the bushing and frame. Heat the cradle around the bushing until it starts to melt the plastic and then jack up the cradle and push the bushing out.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Just drop the cradle down far enough for a socket to go between the bushing and frame. Heat the cradle around the bushing until it starts to melt the plastic and then jack up the cradle and push the bushing out.
Exactly! If you contact JusticePete from Pedders or do a search there are great DIY's of this! I agree with Tyler, do it right and do full bushings! I had BMR inserts and was never happy with them, I could still feel the rear end moving around! I went with Pedders full bushings and it made a big difference! Stick with the top 2 brands also, Pedders or Pfadt, I've seen others fail under hard road course work!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
What's the difference between the Pedders EP1201 and the Pfadt full bushings?

Pedders:
http://www.peddersusa.com/product/Ca...radle-Bushings

Pfadt:
http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...rame-bushings/

Based on price, it looks like the Pfadt is more in-line with the Pedders HD version:

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I would definitely recommend the full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings for your power level. Our BMR full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings (BK024) would be very good option for you that is very affordable and will perform well for you at your current power level and if you decide to make more power in the future. We have these same rear cradle bushings installed in many cars that drag race and autocross so they will be up to the task of handling pretty much anything you can throw at them.

Also we are staring our Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale today so you can order these parts and get 15% off and free shipping. If there is anything we can help you out with let us know.

BMR full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings (BK024)
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #23
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post

Pedders:

Pfadt:

Based on price, it looks like the Pfadt is more in-line with the Pedders HD version:
Yes I believe the Pfadt solids are on the same level as the pedders HD high durometer urethane bushings. I have the EP1201's installed and they are perfect for HPDE and autocross. The HD's and solids I would think are more for serious race applications.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I called Kyle and he took care of me on these exact ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I would definitely recommend the full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings for your power level. Our BMR full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings (BK024) would be very good option for you that is very affordable and will perform well for you at your current power level and if you decide to make more power in the future. We have these same rear cradle bushings installed in many cars that drag race and autocross so they will be up to the task of handling pretty much anything you can throw at them.

Also we are staring our Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale today so you can order these parts and get 15% off and free shipping. If there is anything we can help you out with let us know.

BMR full poly-urethane rear cradle bushings (BK024)
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
That video definitely makes me a believer. That price is up there though. I'm gonna work on the Toe rods and UCAs and then eventually work my way to the cradle bushings. So many parts I need! LOL.
I would strongly recommend doing both at the same time if you can swing it. There is a TON of overlapping labor and IMO they should really be done at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post

Pedders:

Pfadt:

Polyurethane vs a Solid aluminum piece. Polyurethane is not bad for bolt-on to mild cammed cars, but for anything close to 500 RWHP+ I recommend the solid aluminum bushings. They will last longer and secure the rear cradle better than polyurethane ever will.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
LS3,

You have a Bis @ss cam and you're worried about noise??

Look, get the full Pedders bushings Kit from JDP and be done with it. You will not be sorry.

If I knew you were looking for a toe rod I could have helped you out.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
ADM Performance has a solid bushing as well. It hasn't been around as much but looks to be a nice piece and priced decently. Just an option to look into. He quoted me the full cradle bushing plus upper control arm bushings installed for about the price of a set of Pfadt full bushing.
http://www.admperformance.com/produc...63&product=258

Although inserts are a much easier install, if I were at your power level I would step up to the full bush. Just go ahead and get it done right the first time. I've been using Pedders cradle inserts for a couple years now and they've worked just fine for me but I'm only at about 415 rwhp.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah at more then 450 hp do full pedders or Whiteline bushing.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote