Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #71
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaseman View Post
Yes and no...not looking to start a debate or argument, but 304 stainless steel has MIN requirements to meet in order to be advertised as 304 Stainless Steel. I don't know for sure, but AS IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME, the lower end 304 Stainless Steel could be very close to the MIN Requirements, whereas the higher end 304 Stainless Steel could be higher up the MIN Requirements scale.

Again, this is how it was explained to me. I don't really care that much, but I not all things are created equally. And US Steel regulations might be more strict when compared to other countries for example. This is not specific to the material being used in our header choices. For all I know, the exact same 304 Stainless Steel is being used by Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works and Power and Speed Engineering, etc. But then again, maybe not...

If you think the world is regulated the same as we do in this country, then you are mistaken. Other parts of the world can get away with much more than we can here in the good old USA.
My point is they still have to meet those minimum requirements for it to be classified as 304. Yes the QA in China usually isn't as good due to lax regulations but the fact remains in order to be classified as 304 it still has to meet international standards for that classification.

Bottom line here is it's still 304 SS and it doesn't matter where it comes from if you live in a high salt environment it will be prone to rust no matter its origin. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying the quality is as good or better than say LG or Kooks or what every American headers set but for something that cost a minimum of 100% cheaper and a max of over 300% its a pretty damn good deal and for the price the quality is pretty damn good. I have yet to see any bad reviews from people that actually own them. Hell TSP headers are made in China as well and they get some pretty good reviews as well. If the company outsourcing has a good QA and stringent requirement it's hard to beat those prices especially if they stand behind their product which from everything I have seen they do. Feel free to read up on them they are sponsors on at least one other major forum for GM cars that I'm aware of with a good reputation.

I'm well aware of other countries I have been on every continent except Antartica and more countries than I can remember and most wern't shining becons of lavish living
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #72
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
That's all I was trying to say, lol. I agree completely and "cheaped out" myself with SP headers. The product is going to be too similar to justify the extra expense. Now if I had the means, that would be a different story. I would have bought American and not cared about the cost.
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #73
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8balldeluxe View Post
Texas speed Hi flow cats do fit quite nicely BTW, there are some pics in another thread.
Do you have a part number?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #74
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
Nope no part number, I bought them used on here about a year ago
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
8balldeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:30 AM   #75
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Can this install be done with the front of the car on ramps?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:59 AM   #76
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
yep
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 AM   #77
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Can this install be done with the front of the car on ramps?
Ramps or jack and jack stands. I installed my headers with the car on jack stands.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #78
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Sweet, I like being able to just drive my car up on ramps and be done with it.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #79
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Are the quality on these still good? As i plan to get me some nice LTH 😁

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #80
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
Are the quality on these still good? As i plan to get me some nice LTH ��

Don't overthink it. I'd type it all over again but here you go.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=58
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #81
MarioSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Don't overthink it. I'd type it all over again but here you go.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=58
Actually I did read that thread lol, and i value your input. Thanks

But may i ask why didn't you mention speed engineering as an option?

Old 11-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #82
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
Actually I did read that thread lol, and i value your input. Thanks

But may i ask why didn't you mention speed engineering as an option?

I forgot to add them, there's even a select few more of them out there that are just as good.

I got my headers back when people thought American Racing and Kooks were the only legit brands.

Like I said, if I could do it all over again. I would've been smart about it and got a sweet package deal from Maryland, JDP or other vendors that offer a stage II kind of thing.

It includes a cold air intake, ported throttle body, headers, exhaust, etc. All for like $2,200...

....where as I literally paid half that for JUST headers

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...mance-packages
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #83
MarioSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I forgot to add them, there's even a select few more of them out there that are just as good.

I got my headers back when people thought American Racing and Kooks were the only legit brands.

Like I said, if I could do it all over again. I would've been smart about it and got a sweet package deal from Maryland, JDP or other vendors that offer a stage II kind of thing.

It includes a cold air intake, ported throttle body, headers, exhaust, etc. All for like $2,200...

....where as I literally paid half that for JUST headers

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...mance-packages
Thank man!

Guess I'll just order my headers from speed engineering.
I'm going to purchase my FI build from juiced, as i found that they have the best pricing!

Once more thanks a million

Old 11-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #84
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS L99 Blk with IOM pkg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
Yes, I used the o/r pipes and with the Outlaws, it was actually quieter than with manifolds and no cats. Only thing I can guess is that the manifolds dump the exhaust into the pipe in a very abrupt way to cause it to be louder and rougher.
Are you saying that you car was louder with the factory exhaust manifolds & no cats, paired with the flowmaster outlaw catback... than it was AFTER you added TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers & offroad connections to the same flowmaster outlaw catback?

Did the headers quiet it down across the board... startup, idling and reving, cruising around 70-75, and Wide open throttle?

Seems a bit backwards... am I understanding you correctly?
InfernoB is offline   Reply With Quote