Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #15
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
I live in DFW (Ft Worth side) and purchased (3rd Camaro) from Classic Chev in Grapevine..they had to get my car from Arkansas, nothing delivered here yet that was close to my specs..So they traded another Camaro with them. Lucky transfer person got to drive a new Camaro there and drove mine back..through a snowstorm, and ended up with 384 miles on it on pick up day..Experience was flawless...

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #16
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
For me the most maddening aspect of the situation is that I feel the salesman had ample opportunity and reason to tell us it was a dealer trade with some miles on it, but he probably knew we wouldn't have taken it had we known.

For one, we were already talking to him about doing a custom order so we could get just what we wanted, including a car with near zero miles. Two, even though the car was very close to what we wanted, had I ordered one I would not have gotten the sunroof, and would have opted for the split spoke wheels, but since we thought this one was close enough and was ready to go, we opted to just buy the one he had.

All in all it will work out fine. I just feel like the salesman intentionally neglected to tell us about the dealer trade and the miles because he probably knew we'd have passed and ordered one and he wouldn't have made the immediate sale.

Still love the car, just took away some of the excitement about having a brand new car, especially for my wife... who already found a little scratch on it!!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #17
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
Out of State Shipping to Hawaii

FWIW, Becky is even working a deal to get a car delivered to me in Hawaii. She is most definitely worth calling...

Flyer
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #18
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerthan007 View Post
I'm glad I went to Becky, it was the easiest process and the best person to deal with. I had my car shipped directly from her to my front door, no waiting on a train or anything simply the best.
Did your car still have the original plastic or do they prep it before it gets transported to you? I've also read stories where the dealership (Not Beckys, but others) forgets to install items on he car and people end up finding various items still in the trunk. Thanks for the info...looking to perhaps go this route.
ELS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #19
hadkins2

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS1 View Post
Did your car still have the original plastic or do they prep it before it gets transported to you? I've also read stories where the dealership (Not Beckys, but others) forgets to install items on he car and people end up finding various items still in the trunk. Thanks for the info...looking to perhaps go this route.
There are supposed to be things in the trunk. Gas can funnel, tow hook, track brake shields. What my problem and others as well was that the dealer mistakenly installed them not knowing they shouldn't be installed, but left for the customer to install when used on the track.

Howard

2005 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
1987 Camaro IROC-Z White T-Tops

Instagram @Gen6ZL1
hadkins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #20
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Technically I did. But only because I had to order mine from GM through my local dealer.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #21
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaib View Post
Who got their camaro shipped and/or custom ordered from another state? How was your experience and do you recommend it?

ty
I live in Green Bay and had one brought to me from Chicago 224 miles away. I made my initial call of interest at 9 AM, two calls later we agreed on a price and it was delivered to me the same day at 6:15 PM, I paid with a cashiers check.
One issue, they did not detail the trunk or engine bay and the car came with 2,000 bugs on the front. A three hour detail by me and it is showroom!
I would do it again.
I would NOT do this with a used car!

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #22
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I'm glad you guys are getting good deals, I tried just about every avenue and it wasn't worth even going out of state, dealers were not budging on prices on the 1SS that I was looking for, guess I'll just be happy with what I got ..... Maybe i'll just wait for a Pre-owned in a year or 2 ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #23
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Ordered from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Norfolk VA

Hello,

Thank you for creating this thread. I live in Williamsburg Virginia and this past summer I decided to get my new Camaro; I had just retried. I went to my local dealer who told me that they couldn’t order any more 16s with manuals and that they didn't have much in the way of allocations for 17s yet; if I were serious about getting a new car this year, that I should try one of the bigger dealerships in the area. They have stuff on-line, said they.

While checking out the Internet deals, I grew hot for 2016 SS2 in black with the Kalahari interior and the rag top with the manual (rare finds). Found one at Rick Hendrick in Georgia with the stick but not the interior color of choice. The Internet said 20% off SSs so game on. Exchanged emails etc. They wanted me to come see it and followed up by phone. I wanted the out the door price before booking airfare. I am also rather impatient. Decided the next morning to go see the Rick Hendrick Chevrolet dealer in Norfolk (hour ride in good traffic but anyone that knows Tidewater knows that it wasn't).

Sorter version of exchange:

Me: How much for that one in Georgia?
Rick Hendrick: Price = $$$
(my thinking was that's good but not what I was expecting.)

Me=?? That's not 20% off...
Rick Hendrick, that offer is only valid on SSs.

Me; I want the SS.
Rick Hendrick, Umm, you said that you are interested in the Camaro SS; we have a car called the SS; it's not the same thing.

Me= Never heard of it!
Rick Hendrick: that's why they are 20% off. <truly>

Me= So, OK….

Rick Hendrick explained that there’s not much difference in price but could work out a deal if I wanted to order a new 17. I nodded and inquired about what they could do. Mat Jewel, a manager had been working with me up to that point. He got Shelia Valdez into the deal citing that she knows the option codes better than anyone there. It turns out that Rick Hendrick trains their staff on certain vehicles so they are super helpful. She was. They pulled up the order on line, showed me retail, what they could take off of it, and asked if I could live with that price since that is what they think is fair and would do for anyone. Yep yep, says me.

Then we added my options including things that I didn’t think I could get then including illuminated black bow ties and such. Didn’t know that there was a 50th indoor cover either but she did. Eight minutes had elapsed since I started talking with Mat. I handed over a down payment as I was questioning “Where’s the part where you go to the back and waste about 2 hours of my time?” Mat’s head snapped back and said “We never do that here; it upsets our customers to have their time wasted and we know what we can do so we treat everyone fairly!” or words to that affect. I was so stunned that my ears may not have heard him properly.

The place has a really cool vibe. Even my boss liked it and she ‘HATES’ car salesmen and dealerships (in full disclosure, she worked in one decades ago). As for me, I love the Rick Hendrick Chevrolet dealership in Norfolk and couldn’t be happier with my car. They let me walk around in the shop to watch the tinting as well as the detailer clean it up. Shelia even rode with me to the gas station to fill it up (on the dealership’s charge card) with my first tank of premium gas. (That's Shelia and me in the photo).

I go by there from time to time; Shelia likes the Cherry pastry from Panera’s. I bring them in for her when I get the chance. Another man I met, who bought a flashy Corvette, brings them in Pizzas. He offered me a piece the day I ordered my car. I hope that everyone enjoys the same level of treatment; for me, it was the best car buying experience of my life.

Kindest,

Donner
Attached Images

Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #24
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
I got the screaming deal on my 2SS from Fred Beans Chevy in Doylestown, PA. I had no issues buying from them, the salesguy sent me the pictures I requested, they overnighted the paperwork to me and then I arranged transport to have the car delivered ($350 to my door). It was a great experience & I got the car I wanted at an unbelievable price.

They actually have one 2016 2SS left that they are selling for $33K ($11K off MSRP!):

http://www.fredbeanschevrolet.com/Ve...-PA/2720678683
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:52 PM   #25
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
They drove mine in from GA after finding it there. It had around 25 miles on it before they picked it up.

Id be more worried about buying on that has been test drove than one that has been driven by the dealers employees for transit. When I test drove the 1SS (I bought a 2SS) they told me to drive it hard if I wanted to and didnt go with me. Not a word about the break in period - just asked for my license and proof of insurance....
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 AM   #26
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
I also bought mine from 1000 miles away and its in transit to me now, tracking it via onstar. I would have preferred a local buy but specific color/options w/ the bonus tag made me look everywhere. It has single digit on the odometer, dealer offered to have someone drive it to my place for very cheap but I paid for a carrier so its coming on a truck.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #27
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
I also bought mine from 1000 miles away and its in transit to me now, tracking it via onstar. I would have preferred a local buy but specific color/options w/ the bonus tag made me look everywhere. It has single digit on the odometer, dealer offered to have someone drive it to my place for very cheap but I paid for a carrier so its coming on a truck.
How did you do this? I would like to know as mine is in transit now..

Thank you in advance
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #28
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Mine came from PA. I live in VA; the car arrived on time and exactly as I expected it. I got every option I wanted/asked for. If you can't find the car local I highly suggest getting it from anywhere the dealer will allow you.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote