Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
Trey3
Trey

Drives: Hi
Help me figure more out about this Camaro

Hey guys, I just bought my first 5th gen Camaro. It's a 2010 SS.

Anyways, I bought this car wrecked off of a auction. My family owns a body shop but I bought myself something to enjoy.

So what I'm wanting to know is if anyone knows this car, knows anything about it, knows the owner or what he/she done to it? I searched the vin and found where it was sold a while ago. And it stated some of the stuff done to it, but were wondering if there was more done to the engine. The reason, is there is a oil catch can and I don't know if someone just done that, or done it for another reason. Here's what the website said was done.

This is the quote

Vehicle Description
Sold to a multiple repeat and great customer! One of the sharpest looking and meanest sounding Camaro's you will find. Slightly lowered and riding on staggered 20 inch brushed alloy wheels, cross drilled and slotted rotors, Goodyear tires, Hurst shifter, 6.2L V8 with upgraded exhaust, tinted windows, small rear spoiler, chin air dam, Boston premium stereo and so much more.

And I'll try to post some pictures and here's the vin.
2G1FS1EW6A9107075
Attached Images

Trey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Looks like you potentially got a good deal. Sorry, don't know the car at all.

P.S.
I hate it when a business doesn't know that an apostrophe doesn't make nouns plural, especially when they don't apply that bizarre behavior to every 's' at the end of a noun. I'm not perfect, but would it kill them to at least be consistent??
Old 12-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Trey3
Trey

What did I say wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Looks like you potentially got a
good deal. Sorry, don't know the car at all.

P.S.
I hate it when a business doesn't know that an apostrophe doesn't make nouns plural, especially when they don't apply that bizarre behavior to every 's' at the end of a noun. I'm not perfect, but would it kill them to at least be consistent??
Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
From what I can see off the pictures:

Its got a catch can. That silver cylinder thingy in the passenger side inside the bay. You'll want to empty that every now and then.

That doesn't look like a K&N CAI, it looks stock... but the filter could be K&N.

Wheels/Tire package.

It looks lowered for sure, like you stated.

Your headlights are eagle-eyes... non-RS headlights. Your car is not an RS.

Tinted windows and blacked out bow-tie.

You've probably got an aftermarket exhaust too... but no way to tell off the pics.

Nice color, btw...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
It looks like the car was cared for because it has a catch can and upgraded rims etc.. I assume this will be a salvaged title? I would do a custom body kit since the car needs body work, then it would be a custom car.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey3 View Post
What did I say wrong?

??? Nothing in the slightest was wrong with that you said.

I can only assume you read my comment too quickly, and you feel I attributed the ignorance of the seller regarding something that much like a steering wheel in my pants, it drive me nuts, to you. I did not direct that to you. I attributed it to the seller.

My comment directed to you was 'sounds like a good deal but sorry, don't know the car'. My comment about the seller was I could deal with their ignorance better if at least they were consistent in it.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
What did I say wrong?
"Camaro's"... but you didn't say it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
"Camaro's"... but you didn't say it.
Thank you!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:

I can only assume you read my comment too quickly, and you feel I attributed the ignorance of the seller regarding something that much like a steering wheel in my pants, it drive me nuts, to you. I did not direct that to you. I attributed it to the seller.

My comment directed to you was 'sounds like a good deal but sorry, don't know the car'. My comment about the seller was I could deal with their ignorance better if at least they were consistent in it.
You mean it DRIVES you nuts? :P
Old 12-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #10
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Thank you!
Your welcome.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #11
Trey3
Trey

My bad my bad, I did read it to fast. I assumed I wrote something wrong I was at work and trying to rush and post this. Lol

Quote:

Old 12-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
Trey3
Trey

Spec and Jay that's kind of what I was thinking, I'm sure it has those things ( I haven't picked the car up yet BTW ) but what's getting me is the catch can, I'm just wondering why he put it on but I guess we'll have to wait and see why he put it on or if it was just because.

Another main reason I posted this was I bought a car off of here before, it was a 350z. I made a thread while rebuilding it and someone directed the original owner to the thread which was cool. And I found a guy that had a corvette I bought as well.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #13
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Spec and Jay that's kind of what I was thinking, I'm sure it has those things ( I haven't picked the car up yet BTW ) but what's getting me is the catch can, I'm just wondering why he put it on but I guess we'll have to wait and see why he put it on or if it was just because.
A catch can is a good thing.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #14
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:

Another main reason I posted this was I bought a car off of here before, it was a 350z. I made a thread while rebuilding it and someone directed the original owner to the thread which was cool. And I found a guy that had a corvette I bought as well.
As JLSuperfly will kindly remind us all from time to time, a catch can is a good thing. Someone cared for the car enough to research what it means to own a catch can. They installed it to prevent oil from getting into the intake from blow-by;

In case you are unaware, when an engine is running and the piston is forced downward from the combustion process an unavoidable amount of air/fuel/gases makes it past the piston rings which “seal” the cylinder chamber. This mix of air/fuel/gases is a result of the pressure created from the combustion/explosion. It gets forced into the crankcase. This is called blow-by. To combat this pressure inside the crankcase, they developed a vent for it to vent out the pressure or keep a even pressure inside the crankcase.

With me so far? Great! So this is all fine and dandy, really. Except one thing. Inside the crankcase lives lots and lots of motor oil. So, all of this blow-by forced into the crankcase gets vented and along with it comes oil. In the early days, they used what was called a draft tube. Basically it was a tube that attached to the motor where this vent was, and it ran down to the bottom of the engine bay under the car. The draft of air under the car while you were driving whisked away the oil from the tube and straight under the car on to the road.

Eventually we figured out that this all was not the most environmentally friendly or efficient way to go about dealing with blow-by gases. So “we” developed a new way to process this pressure and escaped oil. And what ingenious technological advancement was that? Feed it right back into the motor!

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/ditch-...ate-1634156554