Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #239
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Anyone having an issue with the steering wheel controls cutting out? Randomly move have begun cutting out; thro become completely un responsive for 5-10 min, then begin to function again. When I installed the adapter/wiring thing, I made due to solder all the connections, so it shouldn't be the wiring...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #240
Iceyone

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I have a 2012 RS, ordered the kit, could not get the screen to come on, spent several tries with tech support to no avail. They sent me a new touch screen, still nothing, it would flash on, then go right back off. SO, they sent me a new wiring harness and touch screen, took all of it with my radio to Best Buy, 4 hrs later and they could not make it work, I'm stuck with a radio and POS kit that I can do nothing with, now they are saying since it has been over 90 days, I cant do crap.
Iceyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #241
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Bummer. Sorry to hear you are having problems too. I was hoping my case was an isolated incident.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #242
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Just installed mine, all was ok yesterday I went to drive across town set my hvac controlls and everything worked to where I was going, when I come back out and start my car up the touchscreen on the kit doesnt come on, all the buttons work but the screen doesn't come on. Now when I shut my car off the headunit stays on even after the key is removed and the door is open. I have to disconnect my battery . Tried resets, nothing is working. Wondering if they will send me a new touchscreen
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #243
Dieseldoug22

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Conv.
SO after a second unit sent to me and having it not work again at all this time. Talked to tech support and they sent me out a 3rd unit and wiring harness. Plugged it in and started working right away. Now everything works and I have the distance back with my remote. Go figure. Sorry to you others, but I am a happy camper now. Hopefully they can figure out whats going on...
Dieseldoug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #244
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
-

Last edited by Travis64; 12-28-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #245
jjwvette

Drives: Corvette StingRay
I guess it's time to call the BBB and start a complaint.
$400 for pos
Its time companies go back to having things made in the USA
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #246
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis64 View Post
well this sucks just got a kenwood screen for xmas
guess i have to tell her i don't want it...great
I don't know if this helps or not, but I've had the kit in my car for 2 years now without a single issue.
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #247
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton2400 View Post
I don't know if this helps or not, but I've had the kit in my car for 2 years now without a single issue.
+1 for me too....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #248
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Hit and miss with this kit.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #249
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
Well after a little over a year and mind you my car sits on a lift all winter or anytime it's raining,so maybe about 3000 miles a year I drive it.

Having all the dreaded issues these units have:

Can't unlock doors unless your only 10 feet away.
Tire pressure senors going nut's
ect. ect. ect,

Coming home Thursday the unit finally went to sh_t,everythink went blank and just keep clicking on and off.

Called support tech,in which was no help because I had already unplugged
the unit and waited inside my car for 15 minutes and did the reset.
And issue reappeared...it's a POS and so is the maker Scosche.
Because my unit was bought from ebay over a year ago,no warranty I was told to buy another install kit
ya right like I'm going to give them another $300 to $400 for something thats junk,now I know why the Alpine install kits stopped being made,its from the same POS maker scosche
So I took the radio out and put in the factory unit until someone like Kenwood comes out with a install thats works.

For anyone thinking about doing a double din for the Camaro, I say don't give these thiefs anymore money for these units,they aren't worth $5

Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of spending good money for JUNK
I contacted Kenwood back in the summer and received a response that a dash unit for the Camaro isn't even in developement so don't hold your breath.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #250
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I have no issues at all. I didn't install mine but I'm very happy with everything... Good luck.
I'm with you. The only problem I've ever had with the kit was the A/C compressor wouldn't come on. That has happened once in the past 2 years.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #251
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
I guess it's time to call the BBB and start a complaint.
$400 for pos
Its time companies go back to having things made in the USA
I wonder if this is why they are only mid $200 now
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #252
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Kit was installed yesterday. everything works. Only thing I noticed is the loss of range with the key remote about 15 to 20 foot where it was double that. I did notice the range is better when you have clear line if sight t the car. Aside from that I like the kit and the look