Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #29
deShaneo

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Rear quarter is expensive fix. Takes a lot of time and body work with all the cool lines that are back there. It's a weld in piece so you can't just swap it like you can front quarters, hoods, bumpers. I think 2k is probably the range for that fix. Maybe even 3k. I had a decent dent on my rear quarter on my SS and it was 1k. I went kinda cheap and pulled most of out myself, then took it to a pro to finish the job properly, do the paint blend instead of sand and repaint the whole piece. It would have been 1800 to repaint the whole rear quarter. The dent was 1'x1' and probably 3' deep. It was nasty to look at. Getting those curves back was the hardest thing, since it was pressed out by a machine and not shaped by hand.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:48 PM   #30
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I would definitely go for diminished value. As far as how much in damage, you need the rear quarter panel, trunk and rear fender replaced. They will have to paint the door to blend in with the rear quarter panel probably. Parts and paint/labor I would say 3k. It's definitely not totaled, but having an accident will diminish your cars value, so I would insist on getting some extra money out of his for diminished value.

Anyway, beat of luck. Get it fixed and hopefully the worst is behind you.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #31
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I don't think a carfax report is generated unless the airbags deployed. Mine did when my 2010 was sideswiped. Around $20K to repair. Hurt trade-in value a little over $1,000 according to the dealer. (But since dealers are notorious liars who knows how much value I really Lost?)

If it was reported to insurance, it goes on the Carfax. Occasionally one sneaks by, but any reported accident or dealer service is sent to Carfax. I had a shopping cart put a ding in the rear quarter panel of one of my cars, insurance picked it up no problem. When I traded it in last year "minor damage to passenger side rear quarter panel" showed up under Accidents/Damage. I was like, "that car has never been in an...aw crap...the shopping cart." Since the Carfax was not totally clean, I got dinged again.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #32
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
I would definitely go for diminished value. As far as how much in damage, you need the rear quarter panel, trunk and rear fender replaced. They will have to paint the door to blend in with the rear quarter panel probably. Parts and paint/labor I would say 3k. It's definitely not totaled, but having an accident will diminish your cars value, so I would insist on getting some extra money out of his for diminished value.

TAKE THIS ADVICE. On luxury vehicles and sports cars, it will make a difference someday.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #33
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
They were probably staring at your vortex generators...
I was just looking at my 172 wondering where they went! not sure I want them on my rear end, where I trying to generate DOWNFORCE not LIFT.....At least that's what the pilot in me is thinking.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #34
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post

So I could get it all fixed and new and still get a diminished value bonus too?
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #35
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I think it has to do with it being in raider colors? the spiked collar of a raider fan is what some may think....lol And yes you should go for diminished value!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #36
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I think it has to do with it being in raider colors? the spiked collar of a raider fan is what some may think....lol And yes you should go for diminished value!
You guys are corny lmao but good this delaware is a diminished value state 😁😁
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #37
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
Not a complete loss. But you can bet there is close to 2k if not more.
Way way more then $2k..
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #38
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
no way as in it is or its not

Now that chit is funny!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #39
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I believe you can only ask for diminished value if you sell the car right after its fixed to show exactly what was lost. I'm not a lawyer but had a similar situation with a friend's car and they had to sell to claim diminished value.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #40
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
No way that's totaled
This is NOT totaled by any means. Hopefully your trunk pan is ok. As other poster mentioned qtr. panel, bumper, absorber, paint. They'll oder a whole qtr. panel and cut what they need from it which doesnt look like much...

Goodluck. Sucks your camaro is now a wrecker. I rarely drive mine, I just always hope no idiot hit its cause its come close a cpl times. Theres some stupid drivers in this world and no one knows who they are or where they're at.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #41
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
You have your Instagram account decaled on to you car?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #42
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I would also claim additional loss from the responsible party for depreciated value coming on the carfax report. A lower value upon resale is a loss and you are entitled to claim all loss's. The insurance company will settle rather than litigate the issue.

Remember it's nothing personal, just good business to protect your interest.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote