Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
swansor

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
GMPartsDirect - order cancelled no money returned

FYI. I ordered a part from Gmpartsdirect back on Oct 8th using paypal transfer. Received an email from then stating part wasnt available and order was cancelled. Have not received reimbursement. Sent 2 emails with no response. I have opened a case with paypal.

Stay clear of gmpartsonline/gmpartsdirect....
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
We have ordered a lot of parts from them.
They are hard to reach, and not the fastest.
But, we have never had any issues.

I have found out that my local chevy dealer can get the parts much quicker, for only a little bit more cost.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I won't order from them had a time getting an order cancelled when I waited 2 weeks and they then told me it was on back order so I cancelled it. They then sent me a message a day later saying it was in and being processed to ship. The only reason it wasn't sent is cause they could not get me to authorize the payment on paypal which I never knew was happening but all worked out in my favor cause I never got the parts. I Will never do business with them.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Nice
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I was going to order from them. But steered clear and ordered from some one else.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
swansor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
We have ordered a lot of parts from them.
They are hard to reach, and not the fastest.
But, we have never had any issues.

I have found out that my local chevy dealer can get the parts much quicker, for only a little bit more cost.
I ordered from them out of convienence of ordering online. Im ok with the part being unavailable and cancelling my order but holding my money for 2 weeks WITHOUT responding isnt acceptable. too many great vendors on here to let a bad one go un accounted for.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansor View Post
I ordered from them out of convienence of ordering online. Im ok with the part being unavailable and cancelling my order but holding my money for 2 weeks WITHOUT responding isnt acceptable. too many great vendors on here to let a bad one go un accounted for.
Like I said earlier. For the little increase in cost the dealer can get parts in two days max, in your hands.
There is a lack of communication sometimes with GM parts direct.

So another way to say this is: For the small amount of money you save, its probably not worth it. In most cases.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
That's odd. I know they are very widely used and I've never heard a complaint. But thank you for the review- always good to know. I never use them because their shipping prices are out of this world. A few parts I looked for cost almost twice as much to ship as the part did.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
swansor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
Like I said earlier. For the little increase in cost the dealer can get parts in two days max, in your hands.
There is a lack of communication sometimes with GM parts direct.

So another way to say this is: For the small amount of money you save, its probably not worth it. In most cases.
Thanks DragonZ28 but it wasnt an issue of cost. I was doing research online for a part I need and and they came up on google so I ordered from them. It was everything to do with convienence (or so I thought). I still have yet to hear from them so lack of communication is an understandment. I do appreciate your advice though.

Ill be using Rodgers Chevrolet in the future as I know they are straight up and extremely reliable.