Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Recommended double din head unit.

The search function doesn't seem to be working so if this is a repeat post I'm sorry.

I am waiting for the Scosche touch screen to come out and I am going to put a new head unit in the car. Does anyone have a recommendation of a double din head unit that has a touch screen and is compatible with the steering wheel controls and the USB in the center console?

Also, I've seen some head units w/ navigation on eBay for under $500. What am I missing? I thought the nav units were going for around $1,000. Does the cheaper units require something in addition to the head unit? Does the nav system plug into the shark fin on the roof?

Thanks, Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Crutchfield has a killer special going right now, you can get the Alpine INA-W910 for $999 free delivery w/2 year warranty.
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
I myself would wait a few weeks for the new 2012 units
We will be attending CES Jan 10th-13th checking out all the new units first hand to let everyone know the new 2012 units.

I would not recommend the Alpine unit myself.
The user interface is very generic and far behind the Kenwood and Pioneer units for firmware

We have some real nice deals on year end 2011 Kenwood units as well

Dennis
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Double D- No problem waiting, my Camaro is in storage until April. Looking forward to seeing what you can offer.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Double D- No problem waiting, my Camaro is in storage until April. Looking forward to seeing what you can offer.

Russ

I just got a 21m file from Kenwood last night
I have to review it this morning and will reply back

I also have a video showing the updated speed of the units. I will see if I can convert it to a youtube video so I can post it.
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote