Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
contemptor

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Aqua Blue Metallic
Looking to get new wheels (Foose Legend), beginner questions

First of all, I admit I know little about wheels, outside of the stickies here and a little research I've done, so bear with me. I have a 2010 2LT RS. So I currently have the stock RS wheels, 20X8 and 20X9. According to the stickies, it looks like they would be 35mm/45mm offsets respectively.

It's about time to replace my tires, and I decided I want to upgrade the wheels too. So far (based on appearance), I think I want to go with Foose Legend, like this- https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...105200065%2B40

They don't have the exact same size, so I believe I'd need to go with 20x8.5 and 20x10. With the slight changes there, is there anything I'd need to consider or be concerned about?

I read some older posts about some people here having to work around some issues with TPMS issues, but it seemed like they have had their cars lowered, which I don't. Also, the same offsets are available (among others)- do you think I should go with the same offsets if I like the current look on my car, or would the larger widths mean I should consider a smaller offset?
contemptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Why not go with the same size width so you can run the same size tire on all four corners?
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
contemptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
Why not go with the same size width so you can run the same size tire on all four corners?
Honestly, I'm not opposed to that, just ignorant to know the impact. 20x10 on all sides, couple inches more on the front- does it mean much?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor View Post
Honestly, I'm not opposed to that, just ignorant to know the impact. 20x10 on all sides, couple inches more on the front- does it mean much?
I recently switched to a square stance. I love the look 20X10's all around and I'm lowered 1"

UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
First of all, I admit I know little about wheels, outside of the stickies here and a little research I've done, so bear with me. I have a 2010 2LT RS. So I currently have the stock RS wheels, 20X8 and 20X9. According to the stickies, it looks like they would be 35mm/45mm offsets respectively.

It's about time to replace my tires, and I decided I want to upgrade the wheels too. So far (based on appearance), I think I want to go with Foose Legend, like this- https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...105200065%2B40

They don't have the exact same size, so I believe I'd need to go with 20x8.5 and 20x10. With the slight changes there, is there anything I'd need to consider or be concerned about?

I read some older posts about some people here having to work around some issues with TPMS issues, but it seemed like they have had their cars lowered, which I don't. Also, the same offsets are available (among others)- do you think I should go with the same offsets if I like the current look on my car, or would the larger widths mean I should consider a smaller offset?
You might want to take a look at American Eagle Boss 338 wheels, they are almost identical in looks to the Foose Legend wheels but are way less expensive.
https://www.google.com/#q=boss+338+c...+sale&tbm=shop
http://www.jdwheels.com/boss-338.html
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
You might want to take a look at American Eagle Boss 338 wheels, they are almost identical in looks to the Foose Legend wheels but are way less expensive.
338 won't work with the SS brembo's if you wanted to upgrade at some point. I have the black legends. They really show the brake dust but I am still on the OEM pads. Will go for something with less dust when I replace them. As far as the looks I am an old fart so figured I would always want chrome. Theses were on the car when I bought it and I think they look right with my red and black paint job. Don't know that I would go chrome now if I had the choice.
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #7
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
338 won't work with the SS brembo's if you wanted to upgrade at some point. I have the black legends. They really show the brake dust but I am still on the OEM pads. Will go for something with less dust when I replace them. As far as the looks I am an old fart so figured I would always want chrome. Theses were on the car when I bought it and I think they look right with my red and black paint job. Don't know that I would go chrome now if I had the choice.
I know that they won`t clear Brembo`s but he has a 2010 2LT that`s why I suggested the 338`s instead.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
contemptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBB View Post
I recently switched to a square stance. I love the look 20X10's all around and I'm lowered 1"

Can you tell much difference in your drive?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
contemptor

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't seen those. They are very similar. I'll have to consider them. The only thing I don't like as much is the lugs- the Foose look to have them a little more sunken.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
contemptor

Anyone know the answer to this part, whether it be the Foose or 338s?

Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 PM   #11
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:

I just bought 8.5 + 10s from Tire Rack. They are 32mm on the front and 34mm on the rear. I haven't bolted them on yet, waiting for the weather to be better but I'm trusting TR they will fit.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Got my Foose's from Best Wheel Deals - but they are 22"s which is prob not the best for a daily driver, but sure look good. Mounted, balanced, TPMS, and Gorilla locks included. The important thing is correct offsets and keeping the overall diameters close as possible, and ride height adjustment with lowering springs or coil overs to get the best looking stance. I see you are not, or won't, lower your car, so overall diameter will dictate clearance to the fender/quarter's and dictate the look of the stance. I run coil overs, which are not cheap, but worth every cent since they allow for infinite ride height adjustment, and also allow dialing in ride quality with the 22"s. TPMS on my 2010 was set with the "manual" method which worked just fine - for whatever reason the dealer could not get the TPMS set with the programming tool when I had the car aligned. I did it myself in the garage.

Factory 2010 Camaro SS tires and wheels
Front 245/45-20 = 28.7" tall, 8.0 wheel
Rear 275/40-20 = 28.7" tall, 9.0 wheel

Foose 22’s with Pirelli P Zero Nero's
265/30-22 = 28.3" tall, 9.0 wheel with 35mm offset
315/25-22 = 28.2" tall, 10.5 wheel with 45mm offset

Front: 28.7 – 28.3 = 0.4 smaller diameter.
Rear: 28.7 – 28.2 = 0.5 smaller diameter.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #13
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
You get what you pay for.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
contemptor

Been slacking on this pretty bad... need to order some in the next week.

So far, my favorites appearance-wise are the Foose Legends, followed by the AR605 Torq-Thrust.

If I went with the Legends, think I could fit a 20x10 with 40 offset all the way around? I'm a little worried I could get some rubbing, or the tires would stick out a little more than I like.

Similar on the Torq Thrust. If I went with the 20x9 all the way around, it's only a 30mm offset, compared to the 45mm rear's from the factory.

Any thoughts?

(Lastly, if I go with Legends, any recommended vendors?)

Last edited by contemptor; 08-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.