Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #127
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
I don't understand how this company could possible ever sell another set of wheels to anybody on this forum.

my heart goes out to all of you whom have had to go through this...

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #128
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYGUSS View Post
Sry to hear that. Funny thing is the night after i ordered my rims (Four Months ago) I came across you and Darth Emma's thread. Lets just say i didnt sleep well that night!!! I emailed Nick at BMR at 3am to call me first thing. Granted the thread was almost two years old you think they got thier shit right. Nick told me they changed thier prep methods and turned to powdercoating rather then paint. Also my rim "build" was covered on C5 from start to finish. I was really surprised to see this thread and my heart sank again. I hope the issues get corrected. Seems as though this site has pull. By the way Nick was great.... will buy from him again!
They guys selling the wheels aren't the problem. I will say that if I had bought my wheels from a local shop, I'd have gotten a refund and thye would be stuck with the wheels. Nineball gave me the opportunity to get out but after they remade the two wheels I let it go. At that point the wheels were acceptabe. Finally I had wheels that I could drive on regularly. Then the paint started falling off. So basically I have a set of wheels that ride ok, but the paint is falling off.

But for the kind of money spent, 'ride OK' and paint falling off, is ridiculous. It should be ride great, and normal wear scratches.

I admit, I haven't even called Savini or Tony about the paint. But Savini could drive to my house with a brand new set of 20" SV-29s and I'd tell them to go F themselves at this point. It's insane the problems I've had with these. I hope these are isolated cases. And anomilee. But you be the judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'll take em for 7... dollars that is..

Post #9000 for the great deal...
I'll swap for that tank you got in the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
LOL! Black Sharpies FTMFW!

So if you put...

Savini = Crap
Savini = Garbage
Savini = Anal-rape

...all in the body of a thread will this come up in a Google search to help others who may be considering their wheels to have second thoughts?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #129
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
So I did some leg work for you guys, I know you didn't ask but I can't stand hearing about how Savini treats people. This is a link to the Savani profile on the Los Angeles Better Business Bureu webpage --> HERE . The way the BBB works is that they are basically an all powerful super hero. Companies are scared of the BBB because they have power over the companies image pretty much. Like when I was doing my lemon law case with Chevrolet, I worked for 6 months getting no where. Put a complaint into the BBB and in a month I got further than I had in the past 6.

Moving on. What you guys (generally speaking Em, not leaving you out), is you each want to file a separate complaint. It's really easy and takes all of 5-10 minutes. This is the link to file a complaint --> HERE. By filing a complaint you force Savini into doing something. Be it, they are not a BBB acredited business so they can just say screw this and do nothing. But each unresolved complaint lowers their BBB score, so if 5 people file complaints and they blow 5 people off....that's 5 letter grades they drop. Em you're the professor want to tell us if they're still passing?

I'm not saying that this will resolve the problems you have with the wheels but you *may* be able to recoup some of your losses. For example, Randy, you may be able to get back some of what you lost in shipping the wheels back and forth, etc.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I do know how to work the system and get a company's attention. If you guys have any questions or what not about the BBB process feel free to shoot me a pm. Not trying to thread jack Jkel, just figured I could possibly help you guys out.
I can certainly appreciate your help. Really.

I HATE the BBB. They can help out in a lot of cases, but businesses get BFed sometimes by impossible customers. They call me all the time wanting me to become a member. I tell them no. I don't really have to worry about it. No client of mine leaves my business without resolve. If we can't make them happy, they leave 'whole'.

I guess I could call them to 'ding' Savnini. But at this point I don't want a damn thing from them.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #130
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I will also add, I bought mine through Nine Ball and he did everything he could to help me resolve my initial issue with my wheels. I am very happy with his customer service. I went back to him this summer and bought my new Forgeline wheels from him and he has taken good care of me again.

I must say, having the new Forgelines on the car has made this feel a lot less painful. I now have a car that I am excited to drive again. PQ, I feel for ya.

However, I still have the Savinis sitting in the shop with almost $8k wrapped up in them. Not sure I'll ever be able to sell them. They look great now that they've been powder coated. I hope I can get half what I have invested in them.

BTW, I have heard that Savini has changed how they prep and paint wheels after they refinished mine last fall (with powdercoating). Now they do powdercoating (yours are paint, PQ). They really should refinish yours for free.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #131
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
BTW, I have heard that Savini has changed how they prep and paint wheels after they refinished mine last fall (with powdercoating). Now they do powdercoating (yours are paint, PQ). They really should refinish yours for free.
Like I said, at this point I'd rather take an ass beating than let Savini touch anything of mine. I may finish flaking them off and get more serious about listing them.

I'm hoping to get 3k our of them but we'll see.

If not, I know we joked about making them into garage stools and tables, but I may do that.

You can bet yer ass I'll post the POS wheels everywhere I possibley can. Everyone at any show, any shop, anywhere I ever go will here about them. And all I have to do is point at them until I get some new ones. But I'll still mention them every chance I get. Ya...... I'm that pissed.

I used to get comments of "Wow, those wheels are beautiful", now it's followed up with, "What up with the black parts".
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #132
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
...all in the body of a thread will this come up in a Google search to help others who may be considering their wheels to have second thoughts?
"Savini wheels paint chip" = Google results

"Savini wheels vibration" = Google results

and yes this thread comes up in Google
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #133
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I posted in John's build thread the BBB link and quoted the 1 (only 1) complaint filed through the BBB for Savini Forged Wheels

Quote:
Complaint: 06/10/2009: I am writing in an attempt to resolve the list of problems that I have had with your product. I personally do not think that for the money that I have spent, I should be treated the way I have been from your company. The price on my wheels was over $5,000 and from day one I have had nothing but problems.These wheels were never used in the harsh weather, meticulously maintained and have many finish defects. There are so many problems with these wheels I feel it is only right that I should get at least a partial refund for the problems with these wheels or to have them fixed. In closing, I have explained to you my situation. I hope that working together we can come to a reasonable solution. I am giving your company the opportunity to rectify the situation before I attempt to take it further. Please contact me once you receive this letter

Business response: Company expressed via letter, The consumer purchased the wheels through one of our distributors, however we agreed to replace the parts at an agreed upon price, however the consumer never sent the product back while under warranty. What the consumer wants now has nothing to do with the scope of the warranty.

Consumer rebuttal: This is inaccurate. We agreed on the initial reconditioning before for the dimples and blemishes in the chrome and the crests that occurred in the lips. A crest is a highpoint in the metal that indicates a week spot in the lip of the rim. The rims also have ripples in the lips. A ripple indicates that the metal is bending under the chrome finish. Now the 3rd problem is that after 2 years of proper care and maintained the center seal has blown out in the right rear lip. My point here is that the blemishes were defects I noted with the company immediately. Then I noted the ripples and crests. Now I noted the defective seal. There is no doubt in my mind that these wheels are unsafe and by driving or using them I risk my safety. I am simply asking for a 50% refund and the company can have the wheels back. The quality is horrible. The customer service is even worse. In closing the entire time I have had these wheels I have had problems. The product was never properly manufactured. Nothing has been done and I have spent a lot of money. I think something needs to be done for my great dissatisfaction. I feel a partial refund is in order.
Complaint was closed and they have a B- rating.

I'm with you Randy, some people can bomb a business and can never be satisfied. But this complaint above sounds very familiar, doesn't it?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #134
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Steiger I appreciate your work and efforts......

As PQ eluded the VENDOR is not the issue it is the COMPANY ( SAVINI ) What happens is when a vendor buys the wheels they eveidentially sign a form that says they are "Custom" wheels yada yada yada and are basically screwed from any recourse like we are, SO I am being told at this point. So if the vendor didn't make any money on the wheels or very little then he has a hard time refunding xxxx anount of dollars.

The Company SHOULD make it right, the very first time. Fortunately for me I made sure they understood who was paying for all this shipping back and forth and so far I have not had to pay for that part. It is really sad that they have had to go back 2 times for the same issues, VIBRATION and as Randy said OK ride is not good enough, Kinda like being a LITTLE Pregnant.

Their new paint/powder coat process is what did Dangeruss's wheels from what I understand and it fell off but he can elaborate on that if he wishes. I just know he is NOT happy with Savini, he likes the wheels and the way they look now that they are finished correctly just not the company.

I too really hope that when these wheels come back they are as smooth as glass and this issue is taken care of once and for all. Well until I have to but new tires and then the nightmare wil start again. I think by that time they will be sold.

I will say this though I have learned from this ordeal. I will never purchase wheels again unless it is a face to face transaction, putting nothing againts C5 Vendors, but this has taught me that this internet transaction business is not very good at getting things resolved when issues arise. This is the second time I have had issues with two different vendors and the total is now appraoching 10 K total. Was is the vendors fault? Maybe, maybe not but if I had been face to face with either of these vendors when they handed me my keys back they would have immediately fixed the issues BEFORE they would have gotten one penny from me. Live and Learn I guess.

I think it is just really frustrating when you plunk down your money on products and they go bad whether they are 6 k wheels or 100.00 lights and the company jerks you around. IF they take care of it, well that ios a different story.

On a different note my wheels are supposed to arrive back in California today, day 6 on jack stands LOL. Should be really interesting to see what they say the issue is. If I hear they are " In Tolerance" I think I will explode.........but I have already told the vendor if they say that then just write a check, so we will see.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #135
Berean

Drives: Truck
I understand what you all are saying about the vendor providing great service, it's the manufacturer (Savini) who has the problem.

This isn't directed at any particular vendor, so I don't need any of them jumping in here telling us what a great job they did, but I get tired of vendors hiding behind that excuse.

Dealerships do this all the time. Just search some threads about dealership problems and you'll see what I mean. GM points fingers at the dealership, the dealership points fingers at GM. This is exactly what allows the lack of accountability, and astonishingly, many people defend the dealerships as having no responsibility for a GM problem.

As an example, I bought a new recliner last year. It broke earlier this year, from an obvious manufacturing defect. I called the furniture store. They had good news and bad news. Good news was that it's under warranty. The bad new is that the manufacturer went out of business.

Why should that matter? I bought the recliner from the furniture store NOT the manufacturer. I don't want to hear any BS (Baloney Sandwiches) about the store not having any responsibility.

By the same token, the vendors who sold these Savini wheels also have a responsibility. Whether or not they will live up to it, or are legally liable is an open question.

However, they represented and sold the products from this company and have a moral obligation to see things are made right. The very first time a vendor has a manufacturer that won't live up to their obligations, that vendor should immediately stop representing and selling that manufacturers products.

Whatever happened to vendors caring about their reputation? As long as they can point fingers at the manufacturer and as long as people generally go along with this excuse, they don't need to worry about their reputation, so they don't.

When I buy something from Walmart and it doesn't work, I take it back to Walmart. Walmart deals with the manufacturer, not me.

And before you point out this is different from Walmart, I submit that it's not. It may be a different product for a different market, but the PRINCIPLE is the same.

What if the first time Savini hosed a customer, the vendor told them to make it right or they will stop selling their products? Multiply that times all the vendors with customers who have had problems. Even if it's only 20%, I'm sure Savini wouldn't want to lose 20% of their total business.

If the vendors cared about their reputations, and held the manufacturers accountable, WHO THE VENDOR IS REPRESENTING, then the manufacturers would quickly provide quality products and service, or they would soon be out of business.

Instead, we have a manufacturer shipping crappy products to vendors, vendors selling to customers and pocketing the money, and customers buying the argument that the vendor has no responsibility, it's the manufacturers problem.

The only person who loses is the customer, while the vendor and the manufacturer spend your money.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #136
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I understand what you all are saying about the vendor providing great service, it's the manufacturer (Savini) who has the problem.

This isn't directed at any particular vendor, so I don't need any of them jumping in here telling us what a great job they did, but I get tired of vendors hiding behind that excuse.

Dealerships do this all the time. Just search some threads about dealership problems and you'll see what I mean. GM points fingers at the dealership, the dealership points fingers at GM. This is exactly what allows the lack of accountability, and astonishingly, many people defend the dealerships as having no responsibility for a GM problem.

As an example, I bought a new recliner last year. It broke earlier this year, from an obvious manufacturing defect. I called the furniture store. They had good news and bad news. Good news was that it's under warranty. The bad new is that the manufacturer went out of business.

Why should that matter? I bought the recliner from the furniture store NOT the manufacturer. I don't want to hear any BS (Baloney Sandwiches) about the store not having any responsibility.

By the same token, the vendors who sold these Savini wheels also have a responsibility. Whether or not they will live up to it, or are legally liable is an open question.

However, they represented and sold the products from this company and have a moral obligation to see things are made right. The very first time a vendor has a manufacturer that won't live up to their obligations, that vendor should immediately stop representing and selling that manufacturers products.

Whatever happened to vendors caring about their reputation? As long as they can point fingers at the manufacturer and as long as people generally go along with this excuse, they don't need to worry about their reputation, so they don't.

When I buy something from Walmart and it doesn't work, I take it back to Walmart. Walmart deals with the manufacturer, not me.

And before you point out this is different from Walmart, I submit that it's not. It may be a different product for a different market, but the PRINCIPLE is the same.

What if the first time Savini hosed a customer, the vendor told them to make it right or they will stop selling their products? Multiply that times all the vendors with customers who have had problems. Even if it's only 20%, I'm sure Savini wouldn't want to lose 20% of their total business.

If the vendors cared about their reputations, and held the manufacturers accountable, WHO THE VENDOR IS REPRESENTING, then the manufacturers would quickly provide quality products and service, or they would soon be out of business.

Instead, we have a manufacturer shipping crappy products to vendors, vendors selling to customers and pocketing the money, and customers buying the argument that the vendor has no responsibility, it's the manufacturers problem.

The only person who loses is the customer, while the vendor and the manufacturer spend your money.
Amen.... I agree 100% with your comments...... Problem for me is the vendor does APPEAR to be trying to help, HE is PAYING for the return shipping each time. Not wanting to be THAT GUY and in fairness I am giving them ( Savini)this LAST opportunity to rectify this problem and if they don't then the vendor is on the hook, too bad soo sad for him. I am not as nice as PQ.

I'll take my money back and buy some wheels locally, well Atlanta, and be done with it......
Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #137
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
......this complaint above sounds very familiar, doesn't it?
And no surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
If I hear they are " In Tolerance" I think I will explode.........
Yup. I got tired of the local shop and in fact shopS looking at me like I had a big 'SUCKER' tag on my forhead.

You could SEE the wheel bouncing up and down. 4 different shops telling me the wheels are Fed up. And Savini telling me they are 'Within Tolerance'. All 4 wheels did it. Savini finally, after two trips back and forth with my wheels, remade two of them for me because the shop told me they were the worst two. Vibration almost completely gone, but what a royal pain to get there.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #138
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Vibration almost completely gone, but what a royal pain to get there.
At the point ALMOST definitely AINT good enough for me, they either are or they are not. Hopefully I have made myself clear enough and they understand me. But we will see.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #139
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I get a lot of the "sucker" look too. I just paid too much for pretty wheels. My wheels are fine now that they've been refinished. But, I have so much in them that I'll be lucky to get half out of them (if I can sell them at all).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #140
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
And no surprise.

Yup. I got tired of the local shop and in fact shopS looking at me like I had a big 'SUCKER' tag on my forhead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I get a lot of the "sucker" look too.
The way people look at me I think I have it tatooed on my forehead.