Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #15
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The dealer can progam radios for replacement. However, they are limited by your VIN. There system only allows programing a radio to match what was originally installed in the car. As you have changed radios, they can not help.

I don't know where you pulled the "thousand to get it programmed" number. The entire kit from gen5diy is just over $1000 and that includes the programmed radio. So I doubt they charge anywhere near that much just to program a radio.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #16
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The dealer can progam radios for replacement. However, they are limited by your VIN. There system only allows programing a radio to match what was originally installed in the car. As you have changed radios, they can not help.

I don't know where you pulled the "thousand to get it programmed" number. The entire kit from gen5diy is just over $1000 and that includes the programmed radio. So I doubt they charge anywhere near that much just to program a radio.
Well I was just pulling that number out of my ass of course ! Was just an estimated guess based on his prices and the cost of shipping it too and forth to get it reprogramed or replaced.. I know UPS and FedEx would charge a pretty penny to get it shipped.. I once shipped a medium sized box via FedEx to Canada, shit cost me almost $500.00!!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #17
baddmans
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT
Reprograming the radio thru Gen5DIY is 249.00, I just had mine done, and will be getting it back this week to install in my 2015 1LT Camaro Convertible.
baddmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #18
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmans View Post
Reprograming the radio thru Gen5DIY is 249.00, I just had mine done, and will be getting it back this week to install in my 2015 1LT Camaro Convertible.
Good to know! Ironically that's the same price as the cables .. So about $500 give or take minus the shipping cost. I might just get the cables and see what happens. Right now I just don't know what I'm going to do.. Right now I just need the cables and hook it up and see what happens and go from there.

On a side note, I just hate shipping anything here in Florida!! Such a PITA!! Plus your crossing your fingers that it arrives there and you can get it back without loosing it during shipping :(. Or what if the head unit arrives and is reported broken or not working, then I'm out "X" amount of money for nothing ! Shipping anything just gives me headaches..
Old 02-18-2022, 03:28 PM   #19
jkstatham

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
How did this turn out. I have a 2012 and trying to put the 2015 mylink in it. I need the same wiring harness.
jkstatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #20
jkstatham

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
How did this turn out. I have a 2012 and trying to put the 2015 mylink in it. I need the same wiring harness.
jkstatham is offline   Reply With Quote