Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Philadelphia Auto Show Camaro Event Pictures

Attached are some of the pictures I took at the event this morning. There are 4 Camaros at the Philly show - the LS7, a silver SS/RS with CGM stripes, a red RS, and an aqua blue V6. This was the first time I have seen the actual production car and I found that pictures really do not even come close to doing this car justice. In person, its stance is more aggressive and its definitely more sleek and not as tall as some pictures seem to indicate. We were able to sit in all of the cars, which I did, of course. The interior has a "snug" but not cramped feeling - its like the car wraps around you - it almost feels like you are a part of the car. I am 6' and a broad 215, and it felt perfect. Plenty of head room. I loved how the center console "met" my arm/elbow perfectly, and the shifter of the manual cars felt perfectly positioned. The back seat holds true to Camaro tradition - although the seats are nicer than the 4th gens', it actually looks like less leg room. I'm confident that the finished interior will be top notch.

Scott indicated that issues with the ambient lighting and some interior "itches" were among the reasons of production being pushed back. It was also mentioned that the wipers will be speed variable.

Thanks to Scott and the Camaro team for putting this together - it definitely renewed my patience for my order.
Attached Images

Last edited by GLBL WMR; 01-31-2009 at 05:56 PM.
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
ablanco

Drives: 04 Expedition
Never noticed how much the sunroof sticks out so much when opened. Still this car is so amazing!! Very nice pics os the LS7 cant wait for this car to hit the streets!
ablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I was surprised at just how much the head room is affected by the sunroof.

While I did find a comfortable seating position with the sunroof, the non-sunroof model seemed to have at least another inch of headroom. If not more. I sat in both a couple times to make sure I found the lack of headroom w/the sunroof acceptable.

It's gonna take some getting used to driving with the slitlike front window for me, I haven't driven a vehicle like that in quite awhile.

I'll admit for a minute I actually considered changing my color from Silver Ice to Aqua Blue. That Aqua Blue is FANTASTIC in person. Both my father and I loved it.

All in all though, it was great. Plenty of legroom. I put the seat all the way back, and had to lean the seat back some. But I did the same in my '02 Camaro (and I like to sit leaning a little anyway) so it's not a big deal to me. Nobody could ever sit behind me though. I could barely slide my hand between the front seatback and front of the rear seat.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
Scott indicated that issues with the ambient lighting and some interior "itches" were among the reasons of production being pushed back. It was also mentioned that the wipers will be speed variable and that CGM would not be available immediately at launch (nothing new).
Actually this is definitely something new. CGM was always said to be available at launch. In fact, I asked a question about that specifically and it was said that there was no restrictions on CGM.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Actually this is definitely something new. CGM was always said to be available at launch. In fact, I asked a question about that specifically and it was said that there was no restrictions on CGM.
Then it is entirely possible that I misunderstood. Maybe Scott can clarify..

Last edited by GLBL WMR; 01-31-2009 at 02:49 PM.
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Liberty1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS; 2010
At the St. Louis auto show, one of the Chevy reps stated that white would be the only color that would be delayed.
Liberty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
The inferno orange interior is a much lighter shade of orange in person. The camera makes it look more red.... Looks awesome in my opinion, and I feel much better about my order now that I had a chance to see it in person. I also would like to thank Scott (Fbodfather) and Ed(SSMOKEDU) for making this possible for me.
By the way thanks for letting us climb throughout all the cars, the public could only sit in the Aqua blue V6 One more thing.... I was rowing through the gears in the LS7 concept with the Hurst short throw, I'm guessing that it will be the same for the SS. One little pull and your there in the next gear,very close felt awesome.
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

Last edited by MrGazinya; 01-31-2009 at 02:03 PM.
MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
White will be available as of July, so there was 3 or 4 camaros there! Thats great and you could sit in all of them, thats even better. Did anyone ask about the ambient lighting?
Good shots, they look great.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Was the ABM an 2LT, cant see what the wheels are from the pic.
So im guessing that ABL will be ready for production.
Did anyone point out where the switch it for the Amient lighting? I remember seeing a two rllers where one roller was for the dimming of the entire lighting, i figured the second roll must be for the ABL but i havnt seen the second roll anymore...anyone know anything about this?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Cant wait to go next saturday so stoked!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
Very nice pics and information. Good job
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Thanks for the pictures, they look great. I hope to see the car for the first time next Saturday at the Syracuse NY auto show. I am sure it will not be an SS but at least I will get a chance to see it. I have never ordered a car before, always buying off the lot, so buying one sight unseen, and with the dealer knowing nothing more about the car than I has been a bit nerve racking. The neat thing is that everyone makes the same comment after seeing the car in person for the first time, that they look much better in person than in pictures.

Also - Thanks for sizing the pictures before placing them on the site. It makes them much easier to view.

Long Live Camaro!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Thanks for the pictures, they look great. I hope to see the car for the first time next Saturday at the Syracuse NY auto show. I am sure it will not be an SS but at least I will get a chance to see it. I have never ordered a car before, always buying off the lot, so buying one sight unseen, and with the dealer knowing nothing more about the car than I has been a bit nerve racking. The neat thing is that everyone makes the same comment after seeing the car in person for the first time, that they look much better in person than in pictures.

Also - Thanks for sizing the pictures before placing them on the site. It makes them much easier to view.

Long Live Camaro!
Your jaw will drop my friend mine did
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
Your jaw will drop my friend mine did
Man - I am feeling warm all over. Thanks!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote