Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
No Parking Brake Lever Adjustment?

I got my SS 2 weeks ago and noticed that the parking brake lever had to be really pulled up high (about 10 to 11 clicks) for the car not to roll down the driveway. When I mentioned this to the service dept and asked to have it adjusted so it would engage faster (thus the lever wouldn't have to be pulled so high), they said it couldnt be adjusted, and all the Camaros in the lot were the same. Now, all the other cars that I've owned had some kind of adjustment that could be make to the parking brake cable. Anyone else have this issue with their 2010 Camaro? How many clicks does your car make before the parking brake engages?
V8Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
The height for the brake handle is usually adjusted at the rear brakes. I agree with you, and don't know why the dealer said there's no adjustment. The owner's manual usually specifies the number of clicks to engage the rear/parking brake. Maybe contact another dealer?
DangerZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
SamReidland

Drives: 17 Black 1LE
I have the same problem with mine. Took it to the dealer. When I got it back all they said is it holds fine. This sucks since I told them it holds fine you just have to pull it up too high/hard to make it hold. My wife struggles with it.

I have several problems with my car and all the dealers say is "that is the way the car is". I'm sure this attitude save GM a bunch of money. They should just offer lifetime warranties and continue to deny all claims.
SamReidland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Easy Go

Drives: LLT MV5 B34 N65... period.
10-11 clicks is typical. The parking brake sits kind of high so it's hard to get leverage when lifting it. It's best to give it a quick pull instead of slowly lifting it to help overcome that. Also, I have found that over time it seems to operate easier - though it could also just be my getting used to it.
In the early morning... when there's only a mere suggestion that the sun is going to bother coming up at all that day - a CGM blur accompanied by the anthem of 312 horses awakens the morning commuters from their NPR-induced stupor. Charging past the front lines in an all-or-nothing battle cry that the King has returned...
Easy Go is offline   Reply With Quote