Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #57
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I decided that it was time to go Hardcore last night. I was waiting to learn the maps a little better before taking the dive.

This is where I belong. Players using a little more strategy and for us older players it is a little slower pace. (After a crazy day at work, I don’t want a crazy night online.)

Since my motion sensor did not work without pulling up the large map. I dropped it for the camera spike. Wow; That was fun, especially on Jungle where I put it up on the catwalk that overlooks the small village huts.

In MW2 I constantly pulled up my large map for a split second and once I get more “in tune” with these new maps I will probably start that again. Then I might put my motion sensor back in my equipment slot.

Overall I’m really enjoying this game. I like what it brought new to the table. You can easily tell who is better at playing. A friend from work is basically the same level as me with a little less playing time and he is Pro in several Perks now and is a little more successful in completing contracts. I give it to him as being a better gamer than me and it shows here. I struggle when I’m force to play in a different style than I like, which means I struggle when it comes to acquiring Pro Perks and contracts. (Btw, I don’t have to be the best to have fun.) In previous COD games it pretty much just came down to who had the most kills! (Which by default means who has more hours playing?)

Level 30 currently and here is my setup:

Galil – Red Dot – Silencer
M72 Law

Equipment:
Frag
Decoy
Camera Spike (Only real change from my previous setup.)

Perks:
Ghost
Warlord Pro
Ninja

Kill Streaks:
RC
Care Package
Attack Helicopter
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #58
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Well I dove into the Multiplayer last night with Blkhawk and I must say I friggin hate the Remote Control car. This thing is being abused like crazy. It seems everytime I spawn one of these things is creeping up on me from behind.

I have had more deaths by car than actually being shot and its starting to piss me off.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #59
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
LOL @ the RCXD kills. They are annoying, but not much different than the Predator on MW2 other than being easier to get (3K vs 5K). The team I play with prefers the Spyplane, as it definitely returns more team kills than one RCXD car. Also, the RCXD leaves you exposed, usually resulting in getting killed while killing. 1 for 1 isn't good enough.

1st Prestige last night for me. I had 50,000 in credits to spend on Playercard layers and icons, LOL. That is the only thing that carries over when you Prestige.

My normal combo (I mostly play Hardcore TD)

AK47u sub-machine gun, iron sights, suppressor
Strela launcher (usually ditch this one ASAP for weapons laying on the ground)
Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Marathon Pro
frag, nova, claymore
Spyplane, Care Pkg, Chopper

Most valuable perk is Ghost, by far. Spyplanes are constantly in the air, our team saves them up. It is like shooting fish in a barrel if you are running around without Ghost, especially on smaller maps. Large maps, Ghost isn't as important. Don't underestimate the suppressor either, it adds quite a few kills per match. With Ghost+ Suppressor, you never show up on their maps. I'm that guy that stakes out your spawns and goes to town, when I can
Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I've been reading Ghost isn't working as good as MW2... Does anyone have any comments on that? From what some of you are reporting, it sounds like it's worth it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #61
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
LOL @ the RCXD kills. They are annoying, but not much different than the Predator on MW2 other than being easier to get (3K vs 5K). The team I play with prefers the Spyplane, as it definitely returns more team kills than one RCXD car. Also, the RCXD leaves you exposed, usually resulting in getting killed while killing. 1 for 1 isn't good enough.

1st Prestige last night for me. I had 50,000 in credits to spend on Playercard layers and icons, LOL. That is the only thing that carries over when you Prestige.

My normal combo (I mostly play Hardcore TD)

AK47u sub-machine gun, iron sights, suppressor
Strela launcher (usually ditch this one ASAP for weapons laying on the ground)
Ghost Pro
Slight of Hand Pro
Marathon Pro
frag, nova, claymore
Spyplane, Care Pkg, Chopper

Most valuable perk is Ghost, by far. Spyplanes are constantly in the air, our team saves them up. It is like shooting fish in a barrel if you are running around without Ghost, especially on smaller maps. Large maps, Ghost isn't as important. Don't underestimate the suppressor either, it adds quite a few kills per match. With Ghost+ Suppressor, you never show up on their maps. I'm that guy that stakes out your spawns and goes to town, when I can

I'm switching to the Spy Plane tonight. The RC car was/is fun but it is (90% of the time) 1 for 1 like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I've been reading Ghost isn't working as good as MW2... Does anyone have any comments on that? From what some of you are reporting, it sounds like it's worth it.
Ghost is just for Spy Planes. Once you get Ghost Pro then you avoid targeting from aircraft, IR scopes, and Sentry Guns. No red crosshair or name when targeted.

Here are the chanllenges to get Ghost Pro:

•Concealed Kills — Kill 20 enemies while they have a Spy Plane or Blackbird active.
•Destroy Aircraft — Destroy 30 aircraft with any non-Killstreak launcher.
•Destroy Sentry Gun — Destroy 1 Sentry Gun.

I have to shoot down about five more aircraft and find a sentry gun. Nobody uses sentry guns, so this one may take a while. Unless I can find a friend to help out, but that takes the fun out of it!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #62
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
I'm not the greatest player in the world but I'm having fun with it. I really like the multiplayer live because my son and I can play together on live. I suck and I admit it but it doesn't mean I'm not working at getting better.

I just bought a new Samsung 8000 LED with a Bose 10 series speaker system. Everything is HDMI...oh baby! 3D gave me a headache after an hour but even that was a completely different experience. Compared to my 720, the new system is amazing!

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #63
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Now that I am past the "noob" levels and can actually get some decent guns, I am enjoying is a little more. I still think I like MW2 better, but its growing on me.

I have played nothing but hardcore games for the last year, so playing core games is buggin me a bit.

Campaign was....ehhh ok. Fun, but wack storyline. I got stuck on one level for a couple of days and am convinced that I found a serious bug during that time. Finally did something impossible and got out of a repeating loop. (dont want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that)

I have a strong feeling that this will go on the shelf for quite some time when GT5 comes out.

J
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
I'm switching to the Spy Plane tonight. The RC car was/is fun but it is (90% of the time) 1 for 1 like you said.

Ghost is just for Spy Planes. Once you get Ghost Pro then you avoid targeting from aircraft, IR scopes, and Sentry Guns. No red crosshair or name when targeted.

Here are the chanllenges to get Ghost Pro:

•Concealed Kills — Kill 20 enemies while they have a Spy Plane or Blackbird active.
•Destroy Aircraft — Destroy 30 aircraft with any non-Killstreak launcher.
•Destroy Sentry Gun — Destroy 1 Sentry Gun.

I have to shoot down about five more aircraft and find a sentry gun. Nobody uses sentry guns, so this one may take a while. Unless I can find a friend to help out, but that takes the fun out of it!
Cool! Thanks for the info'. I think someone posted because footsteps and such were at a lower volume, they didn't find much use in Ghost. I'm seriously going to rethink utilizing it now that you posted that information.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Lola View Post
I'm not the greatest player in the world but I'm having fun with it. I really like the multiplayer live because my son and I can play together on live. I suck and I admit it but it doesn't mean I'm not working at getting better.

I just bought a new Samsung 8000 LED with a Bose 10 series speaker system. Everything is HDMI...oh baby! 3D gave me a headache after an hour but even that was a completely different experience. Compared to my 720, the new system is amazing!
I play with my brother and dad, among other friends. That's cool! I have to wear headphones (they aren't very good, lol) so I don't piss the family off, lol. I'm going to go deaf I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Now that I am past the "noob" levels and can actually get some decent guns, I am enjoying is a little more. I still think I like MW2 better, but its growing on me.

I have played nothing but hardcore games for the last year, so playing core games is buggin me a bit.

Campaign was....ehhh ok. Fun, but wack storyline. I got stuck on one level for a couple of days and am convinced that I found a serious bug during that time. Finally did something impossible and got out of a repeating loop. (dont want to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that)

I have a strong feeling that this will go on the shelf for quite some time when GT5 comes out.

J
POSSIBLE SPOILER IN WHITE

I'm stuck in Sai Kohn, or however it's spelled... It's pissing me the **** off because I'm playing on Veteran and I can't knock over the objectives without getting killed immediately after their spilling. It took me a while to figure that one out, so maybe I just need a little more luck after learning what I need to do. I hope it's not more than one...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #65
Venom09

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
I have it on PC. I think its better than MW2. Of course I had MW2 on 360 and FPS's are far superior on PC so maybe thats why I like it more.

I also think these maps are much better than MW2.
Venom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #66
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Well I dove into the Multiplayer last night with Blkhawk and I must say I friggin hate the Remote Control car. This thing is being abused like crazy. It seems everytime I spawn one of these things is creeping up on me from behind.

I have had more deaths by car than actually being shot and its starting to piss me off.
RC cars are definitely getting overused, alot of players are using Hardline with RC cars, getting their 2 kills, then not worrying about dying. They'll stockpile RC cars for the first half of the game, then spend the next half deploying them.

any thoughts from you guys on the classified assault rifle? i'm not a fan of the scope at all, iron sights i can deal with though.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #67
radz28
Petro-sexual

I finally got through Khe Sanh Saturday night - WHEW!!! I'm cruising along pretty good now. I didn't get a lot of Multiplayer action though :( I gotta' get me some Zombies...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #68
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Well I got the hang of Multiplayer now and can actually establish some decent kill streaks. Got my K/D positive now at a 1.5 ratio. Still having navigational issues on a few maps but pretty good at firing range and jungle.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote