Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #99
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingraySteve View Post
Sold my ZL1 and ordered the C7...

Arctic White, 2LT, Auto, Z51, Magnetic Ride, Black Leather, Performance Exhaust, Clear Tinted Roof, Chrome Rims, Stinger Stripe, Navigation

Why? Looks, speed, handling, mileage, better resale, etc.

Why the hate on Vette owners? I've seen more car snobs who own Camaros. Especially those who didn't own the 5th Gen.
Congrats! Love the Arctic White, are those the Dual Full Body Stripes? I'm only at the "looking" stage of the game, trying to see in person all my "must see" colors. Still trying to find a white and gray, also two "must see" interior options; the Carbon Fiber dash and the Sueded Micro-fiber. Love those Competition Bucket Seats! Gotta give those a try as well. Don't like the way the entire dash is covered in the 3LT in Kalahari and Brownstone, wish it were done like the Adrenaline Red, which only has some Red trim on the dash. 2LT in either of those three has no color on the dash, so if I go with a Brownstone or Kalahari it will be the 2LT.

Again Congrats! Enjoy and be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #100
ZL1Darkone

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Sold my ZL1 and ordered the C7...

Arctic White, 2LT, Auto, Z51, Magnetic Ride, Black Leather, Performance Exhaust, Clear Tinted Roof, Chrome Rims, Stinger Stripe, Navigation

Why? Looks, speed, handling, mileage, better resale, etc.

Why the hate on Vette owners? I've seen more car snobs who own Camaros. Especially those who didn't own the 5th Gen.
How much did it cost you? I would love to pick one of these up but here in Houston they are 65 to 70K ...so "better resale" isn't going to apply...
ZL1Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #101
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Darkone View Post
How much did it cost you? I would love to pick one of these up but here in Houston they are 65 to 70K ...so "better resale" isn't going to apply...
Price is determined by model, 1LT, 2LT, or 3LT, and then w/or w/o the Z51 pkg. So for example the 1LT starts at $51,995 up to the top model 3LT w/Z51 pkg starting at $62,800. The Z51 pkg adds $2,800 to the price, and gets you everything you'll need to track/race the car. Next year I'll bet that price goes up. Plus all kinds of options you can add. Go to chevy's "build your own vehicle" and you can play around w/colors/interiors/options. If I go w/Red interior I'll get the 3LT, but if I go w/Brownstone or Kalahari interior I'll go with the 2LT because of the way it covers the entire dash, don't really care for the look. For example; I put together this one w/Kalahari interior, 2LT w/Z51 pkg and another $4,210 in options, so the grand total is $69,365.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386510399.206937.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  84.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386510409.422230.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  70.2 KB

Old 12-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #102
Normagene

Oops, posted the wrong interior, this is the 2LT w/Kalahari interior
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386510682.262039.jpg
Views: 3269
Size:  72.6 KB

Old 12-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #103
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
I got the 2LT just for the simple fact for the 3 extra options and the extra cost, the 3LT wasn't worth it in my opinion.

Sticker on my car was just over $67k. My dealership is giving me preferred pricing so I'm getting it for just over $60k. I'll post proof once I get the car and final paperwork.

They give preferred pricing, even though GM doesn't allow it, on Corvette and ZL1 just to sell them.

GM gives dealerships bonuses for the number of cars they sell and Corvette and ZL1 aren't sold in high numbers so there's not any worry about losing money.

The Stinger stripe is just the hood stripe. Was NOT a fan of the dual stripes.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #104
Normagene

Quote:
I got the 2LT just for the simple fact for the 3 extra options and the extra cost, the 3LT wasn't worth it in my opinion.

Sticker on my car was just over $67k. My dealership is giving me preferred pricing so I'm getting it for just over $60k. I'll post proof once I get the car and final paperwork.

They give preferred pricing, even though GM doesn't allow it, on Corvette and ZL1 just to sell them.

GM gives dealerships bonuses for the number of cars they sell and Corvette and ZL1 aren't sold in high numbers so there's not any worry about losing money.

The Stinger stripe is just the hood stripe. Was NOT a fan of the dual stripes.
Excellent deal, you did very well, best deal I've heard of yet. The non Z51s in this area are marked down $2,000 but no deals on the Z51s. Again, congrats!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #105
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
both the ZL1 and new vette are awesome. the new yellow ZL1 vert in my dealers showroom now sits by itself as all the folks are swarming the new vette. i have the need for a backseat, as little as it is, i have a 9 yr old boy. for me, the camaro is a little more practical than the vette. i love the vette and my argument on the ZL1 is that its in vette territory on price range, but if i had to make a choice today, it would be the ZL1 camaro. it is a nice car. i went with a 2 LT as my wallet couldnt afford the Z. both cars are very nice, just depends on how much interior room/seats you need
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #106
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Never!!! lol I kept my ZL1 that I worked hard to get…and I just put a down payment on a new C7 Stingray 3LT 5Z1 Torch red with Black rims and racing seats and the whole she-bang! Can't wait to get it! I'd never sell my ZL1 though… good luck!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #107
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdWerx View Post
I've always been a big Camaro guy myself. My parents, however, have always been big Corvette people. Where did they go wrong (or right?) with me? It's always a point of contention in my family that I own a ZL1 and they've always had Corvettes.

I seriously considered a new Corvette before I bought my ZL1. Due to some serious back problems I've had for a long time and will continue to have the rest of my life, a Corvette just wasn't for me. Sure it was fun, felt good, and went like a bat out of Hades, but getting out of one is just too much of a nightmare to try and do on a more regular basis. Camaro ZL1 it was. Happy ever since and don't regret a thing!
...driver comfort is paramount. I sat in a new Stingray about two weeks ago and gawked at all it's beauty and technology. The Recaro seat with traditional Corvette seating position made my chronically sore body hurt after 30 seconds. I guess starting it up and taking it through it's paces with the adrenaline rush will make that go away, until you get saddle sore and need to get out. With the ZL1, there is no pain or discomfort operating it, it's such a comfortable drivers ride. I can stay in it all day long and then some. Then, I wan't to get back into it after parking it. Remarkable ride. But old guys don't fly fighter jets either I surmise, and the new Vette is just like a modern fighter jet in a way....you strap it on..
Old 12-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #108
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
Never!!! lol I kept my ZL1 that I worked hard to get…and I just put a down payment on a new C7 Stingray 3LT 5Z1 Torch red with Black rims and racing seats and the whole she-bang! Can't wait to get it! I'd never sell my ZL1 though… good luck!

Now that's my kinda garage! Congrats! I'd like to do the same, but not sure how wise it would be, I really need a practical daily driver. Love the Red w/Black Rims! Haven't tried those seats yet, but always add them on when I'm on the build your own site.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #109
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...driver comfort is paramount. I sat in a new Stingray about two weeks ago and gawked at all it's beauty and technology. The Recaro seat with traditional Corvette seating position made my chronically sore body hurt after 30 seconds. I guess starting it up and taking it through it's paces with the adrenaline rush will make that go away, until you get saddle sore and need to get out. With the ZL1, there is no pain or discomfort operating it, it's such a comfortable drivers ride. I can stay in it all day long and then some. Then, I wan't to get back into it after parking it. Remarkable ride. But old guys don't fly fighter jets either I surmise, and the new Vette is just like a modern fighter jet in a way....you strap it on..

Hmmm, I was very comfortable in the seats, it wasn't the Racing Seats, $1,995 extra, the regular seats, I'm trying to find one with those seats to see how they feel, but it felt good. But I have to agree with how comfortable the ZL1 is, nice fit, although the seat is a little big for me, I'd be better off in the Racing Seats, which unfortunately were not available at the time. Oh, and I always thought vette's were the Old Farts car of choice? Always see the "Old Farts" putt'n around with the top open. Top open I presume since the Old Farts putt-putt plenty on their own! LOL.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #110
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hmmm, I was very comfortable in the seats, it wasn't the Racing Seats, $1,995 extra, the regular seats, I'm trying to find one with those seats to see how they feel, but it felt good. But I have to agree with how comfortable the ZL1 is, nice fit, although the seat is a little big for me, I'd be better off in the Racing Seats, which unfortunately were not available at the time. Oh, and I always thought vette's were the Old Farts car of choice? Always see the "Old Farts" putt'n around with the top open. Top open I presume since the Old Farts putt-putt plenty on their own! LOL.

...I'm tall, slim, and trim...<with a sore worn out body LOL> the Recaro's with straight leg traditional seating position in the Vette made me ache. That's just me.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #111
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
I have not read the entire thread, but I own both, and im not sure I could give up my zl for the c7.. the c7 is very badass, but man is it cramped in there compared to my c6

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #112
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
I evaluated both and am now waiting to order a zl1.

Combination of more room, having a back seat in a pinch and the fact that the zl1 is a special edition vs the current vette which will become a plain Jane vette when the factory catches up with demand is what swung me in that direction.

My only residual worry was around interior quality but after test driving an as I am good.

Besides I am replacing a 1967 rs, so seems fitting it be a camaro.

Now if only they'd take my order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote