Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #225
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone-south View Post
seems alot of us are having problems with the paint chipping. i went to a local chevy dealer and they told me the same thing they told some of you.(that i'm the only one that they know of that has this problem and it's not a warranty issue) so i'm starting this thread to see if the problem is as big as i think it is. so i ask that you look at your camaro's (front facia, rocker panels and in front of the rear wheels) and if you have excessive chipping to please make a note of it here. also if you went to the dealer about it please let us know of your experience and what the dealer said about it. we are spending alot of money on our cars and i dont feel this is right. we need to make this right and there is strength in numbers.......

It's not a warranty issue. If it were, GM would owe me $600 for my clear bra.

I did my research before I bought my car, and had it installed at 250 miles. Every one of those 250 miles was 5 car lengths behind any vehicle, while I was driving like gramma

I often wonder if GM improved the paint, would the increase be more than, say $250 per car? I don't think so.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #226
ARNDTCA

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Yellow
I am having a chip problems also. I have never had a car that has chips on the side of the car. Door forward rear quarter panel. hood and top. My 2LT RS is yellow with Black strips. I have gone to two dealers and they say the same think that there isn't any reported problems that they know of and they will check into it. Neither dealer has called me back. I am going to call Chevy and report the problem as we all should. The paint is beautiful but doens't stay on the car. I most drive highway miles. coreya641@charter.net
ARNDTCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #227
ARNDTCA

I would definated put a clear 3m product on the front of the car when you first buy it. I had a professional put my strips on $350 Black strips on Yellow car and have not had a problem. coreya641@charter.net
Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #228
ARNDTCA

May I suggest you visit this site and report your problems. http://www.chevrolet.com/pages/mds/h...r/contactUs.do#

Corey
Old 05-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #229
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
ARNDTCA and everyone having this issue, please feel free to contact me and I will get you setup with our Customer Assistance team to try and get this issue resolved. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #230
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
ARNDTCA and everyone having this issue, please feel free to contact me and I will get you setup with our Customer Assistance team to try and get this issue resolved. I hope this helps you.

Is there a known problem with the paint quality on 2010 or 2011 Camaros (yes or no)? How about publishing what your criteria is for determining if people with paint chipping have a valid claim?

Is it paint thickness? Paint quality? A VIN range where certain Camaros have poor paint adhesion? Number of times a customer complains?

What will Customer Assistance do exactly? Is GM accepting some of these paint chip issues as a warranty item (yes/no)?

Please respond clearly and publicly. Thank You!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #231
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I apologize Hylton but I don't have any of the information you are looking for. I'm trying to help as best I can with all of the issues that come up and with this one I am as in the dark as you are but if GM doesn't know about the issue then there wont be anything done about it anyway and thats what I'm hoping to do in these types of situations is to get these issues documented so that the people that go through my documentation can see what is going on and make the appropriate decisions. I know this isn't much of an answer but I hope it helps.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #232
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I apologize Hylton but I don't have any of the information you are looking for. I'm trying to help as best I can with all of the issues that come up and with this one I am as in the dark as you are but if GM doesn't know about the issue then there wont be anything done about it anyway and thats what I'm hoping to do in these types of situations is to get these issues documented so that the people that go through my documentation can see what is going on and make the appropriate decisions. I know this isn't much of an answer but I hope it helps.

Thans for your response Jeff. Your proactive efforts here and on other GM enthusiast sites are greatly appreciated!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #233
SSiick

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS/RS
I really hope this gets resolved. My baby has a hair under 7K miles and behind the front wheels looks like its been hit with 60 grit :(

SSiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #234
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I hope we can resolve this issue for you and all the other owners who suffer from this issue. Hopefully through my processes we can get this settled for all of you.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #235
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

I really don't know how gm can't know about this problem, oh yeah they are too busy with all the other junk breaking on these cars to get to this, when is a quality camaro going to be built?
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #236
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
paint issues doesn't seem to be limited to Camaro's, our 2011 HHR has lots of chips in it already with only 13k on the odo. and by looking at the areas that chipped you can see the paint is super thin.
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #237
Blitzman
173rd Paratrooper

Drives: Summit White SS
Starting to notice clusters of paint chips in one small spot. I have rock chips on my bumper but these new clusters are just flaking paint. I'll try and get pictures up. I'd expect the patch to expand over the next few months whether I drive it or let it sit.
American Racing Headers
Thunder Racing Cam
Walker Bullet Exhaust
DSS 1400hp Axles
Barton Industries Shifter
ADM Boost/AFR Gauges
Blitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #238
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
This is a comon problem across all makes of cars. I go through about 12 car forums a day and everyone says the same thing... the paint chips too easily. You can thank our government for that will all the new EPA regs making paint incredibly soft. Water based paint... get used to it because its here to stay.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote