Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 07-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #15
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
welcome to a new world.

we have a huge car thing out here, lol.
But I wouldnt live in seattle if my life depended on it.

YOU are leaving Austin & we are flying in to there in August

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #16
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
With all the rain they get up there get a set of General G-Max's and you will be fine. They are great in the rain.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I got Contintenal Extreme DWS, which were very effective in the rain, and useful in the snow on the rare times that happened.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotchevy View Post
I LOVE blizzaks! they work great here for late fall early winter driving without having to use studs. give them a look.
Welcome to the NW!
We are still running on the stock tires. I know Blizzaks are popular with my Northern relatives (Canada). I'm going to be checking on all these tire recommendations myself since we are almost due to get new ones.

Oh, BTW, the sun is out today! I'm going to enjoy our "week of summer"
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Welcome to the NW!
We are still running on the stock tires. I know Blizzaks are popular with my Northern relatives (Canada). I'm going to be checking on all these tire recommendations myself since we are almost due to get new ones.

Oh, BTW, the sun is out today! I'm going to enjoy our "week of summer"

You haven't been outside of the plant lately, have you?

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Welcome to Seattle! I would either recommend get a second car for winter driving, or as others have suggested, a good set of all season radials.

Again, welcome and be sure to join us for some of the local events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
You haven't been outside of the plant lately, have you?
How did ya guess?? Ok it was suppost to be sunny(again my phone lied)....it's grey and cool.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Welcome ctinatx. I hope you're time here will be good, and that you get to meet up with some of us!

ForgedReality: I just saw (cried over) the pictures of your late car last night. I'm surprised you're not trying to warn ctinatx about NW drivers. The guy that hit you was a total idiot, and there are a lot more where he came from, here. "Canadian" truck drivers are really starting to scare me. I see them at work all the time, they are so totally incompetent in the parking lot, I have to wonder what they are like on the road. I actually watched one guy trying to back up to a bay door, back up and go forward over 25 times before I had to give up watching and go back to work. He still hadn't gotten to the door when I left.

Oh, and were you the guy that won the Rally-Q on Saturday? The pics of your new Camaro looked like the one I saw parked at Sunset.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
I've got a proverbial fleet, so my Camaro will be getting summer tires. I've got a scooby with the awesome Conti DWS, and a little S10 Blazer with a set of Blizzaks.

Highly recommend the Discount Tire folks, they do an amazing job taking care of their customers.

Anywho, once I figure out the programming, I am going to be picking up Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 in 255/45R18 on all four corners since I've got a square setup. Thought for a while that I'd be needing super wide tires, but honestly I drive in the wet as much as the dry, so I'd rather not have to worry about hydroplaning.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #24
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
ForgedReality: I just saw (cried over) the pictures of your late car last night. I'm surprised you're not trying to warn ctinatx about NW drivers. The guy that hit you was a total idiot, and there are a lot more where he came from, here. "Canadian" truck drivers are really starting to scare me. I see them at work all the time, they are so totally incompetent in the parking lot, I have to wonder what they are like on the road. I actually watched one guy trying to back up to a bay door, back up and go forward over 25 times before I had to give up watching and go back to work. He still hadn't gotten to the door when I left.

Oh, and were you the guy that won the Rally-Q on Saturday? The pics of your new Camaro looked like the one I saw parked at Sunset.
Yeah, it sucked. I was REALLY lucky I found another green one, and I actually like this one better. It's not brand new like mine was, and the previous owner doesn't appear to have babied it like I babied mine, but it has lower miles, and I swear it makes a little more power. Also has green accents inside and under the hood. My other one didn't. Also I think it's newer as it has the threaded holes for the upper strut bar that the newer 2011s come with.

Correctamundo. That was me. I liked doing that rally a lot. Great drive. We were standing in the lot when I spotted a green Camaro roll by and pointed it out. Wondered if he saw us. Was that you?

I also brought it into the Return to Renton show with a few C5 members. We mobbed up in there like we owned the joint. It was cool to have an entire row with 5th gen Camaros. We didn't see any love from the classic guys there, but our showing got plenty of attention from show-goers. Good times.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #25
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I look forward to going to some meets in the area. Movers will be here tomorrow morning. I will then be taking a week to drive up to Seattle. I see it as a nice vacation/move.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
Maxcam

Drives: RY/2LT/RS 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post

occasionally we get a dry day or two in the winter, and these peeps are going down the road with the top down and heater on high, bundled up in a coat.

That would be me!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, we currently are in our "summer" weather now.. which makes the area very beautiful.. lots of green vegetation and blue water....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I look forward to going to some meets in the area. Movers will be here tomorrow morning. I will then be taking a week to drive up to Seattle. I see it as a nice vacation/move.
Where in the Seattle area are you moving to?? I'm sure there are at least a few of us who would be more than happy to show you around!