Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #15
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
It always takes some time for things to settle in after you change a tune. You need to drive it a bit and let things like the LTFT settle back in. It may be that after 20-30 miles on the stock tune it would have lost some power.
Correct. LTFT's CAN carry over into power enrichment (wot mode). The accuracy of the airflow tables like the maf and vve are very important to make sure you arent carrying over any or as little ltfts as possible.

Think of it like this, you get a dyno tune, afr is perfect. You drive home, ltfts learn and they are say -15%. If you have -15% trims at wot, that means it is taking away 15% of the fuel commanded...yikes.

On my car with a cam that has a lot of overlap and is extremely inefficient at idle and lower speeds, I didnt want false trims jacking my power enrichement up, so I run without them. I use stfts only, and they will not carry over into power enrich. LTFTs are just a learned pattern of what the stfts have done in that fuel trim cell zone over a period of time.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I was there today as well. I saw them take the front bumper off of Ventmaster's car and some of the early steps involved with installing the S/C. I also saw another member's car there, something about a big number 6 on the side (ha ha).

From what Jesse and I talked about at lunch (I bought), my understanding was that they were going to dyno the car as it came in, then again flashed back to stock and then again with the IPF tune. I do not know if that all happened.

Oh yeah, I put three boxes in my car when I left. It appears there's a supercharger, intercooler and associated parts all in there. Install will be taking place at my house this weekend (by me) and Jesse will be coming by to slap in the tune. Ohhh yeah...

There was also a Lotus Esprit V-8 and a Ferrari of some designation or other in the shop when I was there. I'm not worthy!

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I was there today as well. I saw them take the front bumper off of Ventmaster's car and some of the early steps involved with installing the S/C. I also saw another member's car there, something about a big number 6 on the side (ha ha).

From what Jesse and I talked about at lunch (I bought), my understanding was that they were going to dyno the car as it came in, then again flashed back to stock and then again with the IPF tune. I do not know if that all happened.

Oh yeah, I put three boxes in my car when I left. It appears there's a supercharger, intercooler and associated parts all in there. Install will be taking place at my house this weekend (by me) and Jesse will be coming by to slap in the tune. Ohhh yeah...

There was also a Lotus Esprit V-8 and a Ferrari of some designation or other in the shop when I was there. I'm not worthy!

John B.
Congrats to you too!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Thread is full of win and good information.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #19
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
IPF Tuning

Vent....of course we had to throw that in just for the heck of it. Thanks for thinking of it! We will frame it for you with all 4 tunes! T, Stock, IPF and IPF SC.

See ya tomorrow!

Jesse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Agree with everyone that immediately after a change an increase can occur that's short lived.

I've data logged 3 times over the years- and full disclosure would be that I don't think I did after adding the ported IM (most recent mod).
However, since none of my other changes ever prompted an update, I didn't feel it necessary to log then.

Wish I had the presence of mind to suggest they throw on the N/A IPF tune while the car was on the dyno- but I basically drove all night to have the car there at 8am and I was DOA in the brain!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #20
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
IPF Tuning

Thanks fr3e! You are really swell as well! HAHA!!, I am a poet and didn't know it! But Ventmaster is from Utah and drove all the way in to visit us at IPF! So, as much as we would all love him at the local Pavilions, he's gotta go home. Too bad it was not next weekend.

But JohnnyBfromPeoria is coming next time!

Stay IPF Tuned........

Thanks,

Jesse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Congrats, I live in Tempe too. I love seeing the cars that they have coming by the shop every now and then. They had a lambo 2 weeks ago a blacked out CTS-V and some bmw's with roll cages.

Jesse is a really swell guy

Have you ever gone up to Scottsdale to the Pavillons Car Shows? Off of Indian School next to the McDonalds?
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:

John B.

The car with the giant 6 on it is SixJacks (sorry spelt name wrong i think )
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Well we were all so busy talking cars today the install didn't quite get finished! I also got to take a ride in an IPF 785hp Porsche- thanks Ian, sure am glad the brakes work as well as the engine!

I'll be passing the proverbial hat to my C5 brethren to cover my hotel for the extra night (actually, Jesse's picking up the tab!).

I don't mind spending an another evening in friendly Tempe AZ, and in the morning we'll be finishing the dyno runs.

I'll see if Jesse can post those results (probably can do a better job of it), but I look forward to being there to see them firsthand!

And yes, they'll include the Trifecta,stock,IPF N/A, and IPF S/C!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Now this just got really interesting.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #24
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
subscribed
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #25
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Now this just got really interesting.

John B.
couldn't agree with you more... Gonna sit back and enjoy the

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #26
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
IPF's wisdom also expands to parts back east, Germany. Arno, great people to have backing you
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #27
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I just can't wait ! How did I miss this thread ? Work is so getting in the way of my fun !
Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #28
matt6589

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
So what's the verdict with sending this much power through the v6? Can the V6 clutch, transmission, and rear end handle it reliably in the long run?