Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
My 2013 Black LS - Starting the Journal! (PIC HEAVY)

Okay, I've had my car just over a month now. I bought it new off of the lot and went with the manual, base 1LS. I did some research on the RS package, and since I didn't like the rims, the "prestige" if you will of having an RS, wasn't worth the extra cost to me.

I know there is more to it than the rims, but with that being the major factor, I knew I was going to get aftermarket rims anyway so decided against it.

This is my first, brand new car. I once had a 1995 Camaro I bought with t-tops, used and had it through high school. I love the car and ended up totalling it by steering away from a deer, hitting center median and snapping my front axle. Repairs cost more than the car, so insurance totaled it.

Bought my first house last June and told myself I'll wait a year (almost made it!) to make sure I have all finances straight before looking at new cars. I looked and looked, and since my work has a partnership with GM, we are enabled to GM Employee Pricing. No negotiation, get what GM employees pay. Deal done and I drove home. I was torn between black and white, but decided I wanted to go with black, despite the PITA in keeping it clean especially in WA as my DD. Nothing is more sexy than a shiny black car. Had I gone with SS, probably would of done something more dramatic (yellow, orange etc).

I will upload some pictures shortly as I am at work, and all pictures are on my phone.

Here is what I have done so far (all cosmetic thus far):

* Painted all exterior emblems black - front bowtie, rear bowtie, Camaros on both sides

* Removed rear bowtie

* Matte Black "Camaro" cutout on rear

* 20" Foose Black Chrome wheels - 10.5 in rear 9" front

* 15% tint all around

* Blue LED dome light

* Blue painted calipers

* Removed fog bezel caps (no fogs standard on 1LS) and installed fog lights

* Painted engine cover and fuse box blue

* Smoke vinyl side markers, reverse lights and tail lights

* OEM Sunroof Installed

* Razzi Body kit - front/sides only. Didn't like rear diffuser

* LEDs for lower cutout in Razzi front

Stuff in the mail as we speak:

* Rockford Fosgate T-300 10" Sub/Amp enclosure - INSTALLED

* Oracle blue footwell lighting - INSTALLED

* Heritage Grill - INSTALLED

* LED's for fog lights to replace halogen bulb - INSTALLED

Up Next (in no particular order)

* Eagle Eye Headlights with HID's

* MRT v2

* CAI Cold Air Intake

* Hurst short throw shifter

5. Strut tower brace

* VMAX PTB

* Interior panel painting

* Engine bay/grill lighting

* NS-1 Carbon Fiber Stripe Kit

Last edited by TwentyTen2SSRS; 06-23-2013 at 12:49 AM.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
JimiBlaze

Drives: 2013 BRM LS M6
looking forward to following your build, I also have a 2013 1LS BRM. I highly recommend you get the intake, my first mod was a roto-fab CAI and it was money well spent! Good luck and enjoy the modding!
JimiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiBlaze View Post
looking forward to following your build, I also have a 2013 1LS BRM. I highly recommend you get the intake, my first mod was a roto-fab CAI and it was money well spent! Good luck and enjoy the modding!
Awesome. Did you notice any more power? Or does it just sound better?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Day I got her

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
TwentyTen2SSRS

OEM Sunroof installed few days after I got her

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 05-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
TwentyTen2SSRS

Plasti dipped all emblems on exterior black -
Old 05-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
nice car man, how much did u get charged to install the sunroof/moonroof??
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
nice car man, how much did u get charged to install the sunroof/moonroof??
Negotiated in price but I believe it was $1650
Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
o wow, tx for the info though
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
TwentyTen2SSRS

Plasti dip time! First weekend. When I had Heritage wheels I plasti dipped outer silver ring.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
TwentyTen2SSRS

2013 Black LS - Starting the Journey

Got tired if seeing those plastic caps over fog light area. Dealer wanted $1100 for fog lights! Did mine for >$80 myself. HID LEDs coming for these now.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
TwentyTen2SSRS

Decided no more chrome and plasti dipped tail light bezels while I was at it.

Imperial IPA to wash down hard days work.. AKA about 20 minutes

Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
TwentyTen2SSRS

2013 Black LS - Starting the Journey

Next up rear Bowie delete and removal of glue with GOO Gone.

Installed matte black "CAMARO" cutout on rear. I love the way it looks!

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
TwentyTen2SSRS

Couple of her all shiny and clean