Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro731 View Post
Thanks, did this today. Only way I know to store name tags.
Glad it helped
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #30
Kimber

Drives: 2012 45th Annv Camaro Convertible
Paired Device Not Mine!!

Has anybody had this happen to them?? I've had my car (2012 45th Annv Vert) about three weeks now. Got my cell phone (Samsung Epic) paired, and everything was great. Today when I got out of work and started my car, my display said something about a Motorola phone...so I went into the menu and hit "List" to show paired devices to my car, and there was a Motorola phone with the tag "Shelby" paired to my car!! And my phone....not there anymore! I immediately deleted the "Shelby" device and tag, but then I had to go in and re-pair MY phone. Really creeped me out! WTH???

I did notice that today there was a white mustang parked one empty space over from me...could that be the reason for the tag "Shelby"? Male voice (I'm female). How was someone else able to pair their phone to my car, when there's a whole PIN process you have to go through??
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
Has anybody had this happen to them?? I've had my car (2012 45th Annv Vert) about three weeks now. Got my cell phone (Samsung Epic) paired, and everything was great. Today when I got out of work and started my car, my display said something about a Motorola phone...so I went into the menu and hit "List" to show paired devices to my car, and there was a Motorola phone with the tag "Shelby" paired to my car!! And my phone....not there anymore! I immediately deleted the "Shelby" device and tag, but then I had to go in and re-pair MY phone. Really creeped me out! WTH???

I did notice that today there was a white mustang parked one empty space over from me...could that be the reason for the tag "Shelby"? Male voice (I'm female). How was someone else able to pair their phone to my car, when there's a whole PIN process you have to go through??

You confused a Mustang for a Camaro?! And go into the Mustang instead?!
Just messing with you. Yeah that's weird.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #32
Kimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
You confused a Mustang for a Camaro?! And go into the Mustang instead?!
Just messing with you. Yeah that's weird.
Nooo!
Not helpful...but cute.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Thats creepy!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #34
Kimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Thats creepy!

Tell me about it!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #35
Kimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post

OK, this is really driving me crazy. I'm having to re-pair my phone weekly. I turn on the ignition,and the display says, "Device Deleted". I found this on another forum and thought it might be the answer:

"I have the bluetooth connectivity and a Sprint HTC Evo phone. Works like a champ over bluetooth and USB. Although three times already, my phone was randomly and without any action by me, been deleted out of my device list!

I caught all three events happen while I was driving. All of a sudden, I look over at the screen (non-nav) and I see "Device deleted" (I did not write down the full phrase). After this text goes away, the system drops me at the Device menu showing a list of the bluetooth devices, but my phone is mysteriously gone!

I was listening to music (either XM or USB) each time when my phone got deleted. I never issued a bluetooth verbal command or was even touching the screen at the time when the device was deleted.

The most recent time I pulled into a parking lot and I shut off the car to see if my device would come back. I turned on the car and the device was gone, but all of a sudden, my phone turned on and said that "Your Vehicle" was trying to pair with the device and was asking me for a pincode, which the vehicle did not offer. I had to add my phone back in manually each time.

Has this happened to anyone else?"

Then this response-

"I think I may have figured this out. It hasn't happened to me in a while. I kept reading up on this and I found that it has something to do with a failed phone book transfer from the phone to the car.

If you have an Androidphone, you're not going to like this. Unfortunately, there is a compatibility issue with the phone book transfer between the phone and the car. Other phones work fine, but Android has a problem due to the record having additional data which includes photos, Facebook & Twitter profile links, etc.

The solution (which is really not a solution) is to block the car from synchronizing the phone book from the phone. As long as you do not allow the phone book to synchronize (which it fails anyway), your device will not mysteriously delete itself. The delete seems to be happening because the radio does not like the data it is receiving from the phone.

Supposedly Gingerbread fixes this. I recently upgraded my Sprint HTC Evo to Gingerbread, but have not tried synchronizing just yet. Once I do, I will report my success, or lack thereof here."

Since it appears to be an android issue, here's my follow on question -

How do I "not allow the phone book to synchronize"? And what's Gingerbread??

Thanks for your help, guys!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #36
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
gingerbread is the latest android update nickname. you can force your phone to download it if available for your device, settings/about phone/system updates. My phone has been updated for some time and never had that issue. Droid x running 2.3.3 (gingerbread)

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #37
jcouves

Drives: Bumblebee!!
GM disabled this in the brazilian Camaro. Does anyone know how to re-enable this?
jcouves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #38
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Don't ya just love the special effects from the 60's ... While watching the commercial, I find myself waiting for Godzilla to crush the car for some strange reason.
me too
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #39
Kimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
gingerbread is the latest android update nickname. you can force your phone to download it if available for your device, settings/about phone/system updates. My phone has been updated for some time and never had that issue. Droid x running 2.3.3 (gingerbread)
I KNEW somebody here would know! Thank you.