Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #43
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganZ View Post
LLT is the code for the 3.6 DIRECT INJECTED V6........

http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/n...20DI%20V-6.htm
Exactly....
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #44
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
i thought the engine bay would be bigger on these,still not as bad as the 4th gens though.
It is HUGE look at the gap between the radiator cowl and the front of the engine...

Also notice that the plastic engine cover is half missing.

Also notice how much accesss is available to install plumbing for Super chargers...

Finally, notice how the ABS system is on the passenger firewall as opposed to the front support bracket.... someone finally realize that too much tubing, and proximity to accidents is a cost factor....

Struts....starting to realize why the handling looked so poor on the "Ring" Looks like braces and towers are going to be the cure for up level mods, meaning they might just be thinking its a good idea to allow consumers to easily mod this car aftermarket... contrary to every other GM vehicle, save the Cobalt....

C3
C3GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #45
eR1c

Drives: 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo
like I said, i expected I'd get criticism.

$19k, $35k ..I think that the new Camaro is going to be a very special car and that it deserves the kind of aesthetics to the engine bay as they've given to the outside of the car (which is looking very cool). I'd love it if GM used some colored plastics instead of the typical black (that couldn't cost much extra)? How about getting rid of that horrible rubber flex air inlet piping hose and replace w/ a nice colored silicone and aluminum alloy inlet pipe? -what could that be an extra $100 per car ...or less when done in bulk.

I know the car is going to be a hot car and will perform well, I'd just love for it to be revolutionary inside and out (isn't that the Chevy slogan "An American Revolution").

(My comment on the Toyota Camry is this, the engine was obviously made for function and pure savings. The Camaro's engine is looking like it's more about savings and function ..and I feel it just needs some loving in the "cool, wow, got to have it" factor (speaking about the engine bay only).
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #46
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Look how far back the engine sits in the bay, in relation to the strut arm supports....This car is going to be SO well balance...thats awesome
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #47
eR1c

Drives: 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo
Quote:
You just compared the newest flagship American sportscar (Vette) and 3 highly modified Imports (Porsche!!! a BMW Z-car, and a MKIV Supra?) to the preproductions of the entry level $19k Camaro?
-Point well taken. But like I stated above, I think it could use a little flare. Look, I still LOVE the Camaro and think it looks killer. But if we are going to analyze the engine ...well that's my comment.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #48
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Oops, the engine sits so far back in the engine bay, behind the struts, it almost looks... " mid engine." This explains the funky dash layout for the trans-hump. then again we saw this same car in Detroit last year at the auto show... save a few peices of sheetmetal.

C3
C3GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #49
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDee View Post
Wow... how quick are your glances?
agreed

that camry bay is crap.

as far as engine looks. all that stuff can be done with aftermarket (perhaps even higher quality parts). polished VCs and crap like that can be done for cheap. I'd rather do this type of engine bay dressing myself, rather than rely on GM to do it, and then charge me extra to do it, which will be probably 3 fold of what it costs to do the type of looks you're speaking of.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #50
Slave One

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkitt View Post
agreed

that camry bay is crap.

as far as engine looks. all that stuff can be done with aftermarket (perhaps even higher quality parts). polished VCs and crap like that can be done for cheap. I'd rather do this type of engine bay dressing myself, rather than rely on GM to do it, and then charge me extra to do it, which will be probably 3 fold of what it costs to do the type of looks you're speaking of.
Exactly!! Keep it cheap and let me dress is up as I see fit!

Dudes, this is sooo awesome, I think I have decided to go loaded V6 for now and trade it in for a V8 later on... 300HP is enough for me at first

OMG, I'm gonna cry... there is actually room to work on the engine!!!

And is that a top mount oil filter I spot, like the Ecotec??
Slave One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #51
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

another thing to look at on the t/b is the fact that there is no linkage to it. fly by wire. while its cool, i want my cable damnit.

and yes, hood struts. thank you gm for keeping them.
It just seems like it would be more likely to fail IMO , not that it will though! You know I don't think i've ever had a Camaro without the hood struts.

That bay is looking good though!

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #52
JimLE#1301

Drives: '02 SS LE Vert & '02 B4C
Wow, it's all coming together.
JimLE#1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #53
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post

(My comment on the Toyota Camry is this, the engine was obviously made for function and pure savings. The Camaro's engine is looking like it's more about savings and function ..and I feel it just needs some loving in the "cool, wow, got to have it" factor (speaking about the engine bay only).
I respect your opinion but, if one wants to dress up the engine there will be countless aftermarket parts they can get. I think it's best to keep the bottom line price as cheap as possible. Then you can customize it with aftermarket parts to your liking.

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #54
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
um, i am alone in my thought on this, but to be honest that engine doesn't look like anything special to me. Forget what the engine can do, but if we are just discussing that engines looks... I'd really like to see a really nicely polished set of air intake tubes, some polished aluminum and/or carbon fiber parts (instead of cheap plastic) and some colored tubing rather than the standard and usual black hoses.

Okay...bring it on, I can take all the criticism from you guys!!!

thats just it. this is not the "special" motor. its the base motor. its capabilities will speak for themselves, but the looks of the motor....90% of the people who will be getting this motor wont care what it looks like. as for the polished/aluminum/cf parts, thats what the aftermarket is for. how many cars came out stock, designed from the factory, with basically a custom engine bay setup? and ferrari and lambo (exotics) dont count unless you can name enough of your friends who own one on one hand.

and if you were to do colored hoses/lines out the door from the factory, that would add to the price of the vehicle, say you want a black camaro with red hoses, or a red camaro with yellow hoses, to be able to get all that, you are going to have to spend a lot more producing all the little "excess things" that make the aftermarket what it is.

just buy your camaro and wait a few months for the aftermarket to catch up or fab something up yourself.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #55
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLESgoneWILD View Post
Look how far back the engine sits in the bay, in relation to the strut arm supports....This car is going to be SO well balance...thats awesome

Thats such a good point also I feel like the camaro will be a bit lighter than the G8 so 3650 should be an obtainable weight.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #56
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDee View Post
Wow... how quick are your glances?
That toyota engine looks HORRID.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote