Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
linettek07

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Halos on 2ls

I'm sure this thread has been posted a billion times But I can't seem to locate any that answer my questions. I absolutely fell in love with the dual oracle halos and want to convert my 2ls lights to them. I would love some comment/feedback from people who personally has had them done. What to look for when purchasing the kits, in finding shops to have them installed, etc.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
do u want just the oem non rs headlights with the oem halos or are you talking about orcale halo lights
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
We did it ourselves, but mine's a 2lt rs, we took the stock halos out and added the Oracle dual color halo lights. Turned out great

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
linettek07

I was talking about the oracles....mainly because I never heard of oem's lol. would the oem non rs with oem halos be more convenient? and heRs that blue halo looks beautiful!!! I was thinking something like that color. Now I hear people saying "don't get lights with blue or red, because you'll get pulled over" have you had any problems with law enforcement for your halos?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
camaro2rs
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
as long as you have them on a switch you will be fine. you can put halos in your non rs headlights.
camaro2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
You have 3 options. Buy a set of used RS halos. PM Camaro2lt (further up in this thread) and he can get you some for 800 dollars I believe. After this, you will a harness which usually goes for 100 dollars to get them to work with your existing factory wiring. Don't forget to buy the harness or the lights wont work when you get them on.

Your next two options are really personal preferences and what you want. If you just want the halos and still want the stock halogen headlights then you can buy either the dual color halos or the colorshift halos from AAC or flashtech. I would personally recommend saving a little more and buying the colorshift from AAC or the RGB from flashtech. I say this because in both these halos, every LED changes to the color you desire. In the dual color halos, every other LED chages color. Because of this, the dual color halos look dotty. I've had both and liked the dual until I tried the Colorshift. Also, with the colorshift you can make any color you want instead of being confined to two.

Finally, if you want the halos, but also want HID headlights then you have another option. You could retrofit some HID projectors into your LS housing and then buy an HID kit and have perfectly legal HID lights. I did the retrofit. The thing I get asked the most is if it made a difference... Simple answer. Yes! The halogens are junk compared to the HIDs. Since you are probably going to have to open the headlights anyway, I would suggest saving for the HID retrofit but again thats totally up to you. I put HID projectors in with AAC colorshift halos and have the "RS look" and can change my halos to any color I want. I also have better HIDs than the RS and for cheaper. So a win win in my book. If you need any help, feel free to pm me.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
OEM is not a brand
OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer
Some call it "Stock"
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
linettek07

Thank you so much lscamaro! I am really liking that third option. About how much did that cost you to do all of it?