Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #477
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to post #'s and keep myself accountable. Don't mean to bore anyone it just helps keep me on track.

Thurs 1151 cal
Protein 115 goal 121 actual
Carb 115 goal. 126 actual
Fat 26 goal. 29 actual
Not too bad if I say so myself !!!

Friday 1310 cal
Protein 131 goal. 119 actual
Carb 131 goal 116 actual
Fat 44 goal. 45 actual

Pretty happy with the balance now to find some
more variety.

Thanks for listening
Looks like you're being pretty consistent with your eating and are hitting target. I would think that if you are eating 5 times daily (or so) that your food choices are pretty good as well, how do I know this you ask, because if you were eating processed foods, starchy carbs and fatty foods it would be very difficult to stay within the macro's listed.

When looking at Bonnie's foods you can see this, she is eating a lot of nutrient dense foods without the empty cals. This is why I say you can eat more good foods or less bad foods which makes sense to me.

Also notice Bonnie's meals, you will see limited fruits and most of her starchy carbs are earlier in the day, focusing more on protiens and fiberous carbs later in the day and look at the portion sizes, any of that sound familiar.

Keep up the good work, I think you will see fairly consistent results on your weigh- ins and also think within a few more weeks you will SEE changes in how you look and how your clothes fit.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #478
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hello from the Great Smokey Mountains. I think I am not doing too badly for being on vacation. I was rather proud of myself last night. We had a gift card for probably the worst resturant I could have gone to, Cracker Barrel. I chose as well as possible I think: Lemon pepper broiled trout, baked sweet potato (it was small), green beans & turnip Greens. Okay, the green beans & turnip greens were cooked with country ham (sorry, but boy were they yummy) and the potato had a little cinnamon & sugar in it & I put a bit of butter, but of all the terrible choices there were, I still think I did well. Okay, CFD, go ahead & blast the choices & their evils, it's okay. I am sad because Mike bought one of my favorite things, I call them LCD's (little chocolate doughnuts) and I can't have any :( I brought some healthy choices with me for in between meals & the stuff for my morning shakes as usual. I'll just do the best I can & get serious when we get home.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #479
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hello from the Great Smokey Mountains. I think I am not doing too badly for being on vacation. I was rather proud of myself last night. We had a gift card for probably the worst resturant I could have gone to, Cracker Barrel. I chose as well as possible I think: Lemon pepper broiled trout, baked sweet potato (it was small), green beans & turnip Greens. Okay, the green beans & turnip greens were cooked with country ham (sorry, but boy were they yummy) and the potato had a little cinnamon & sugar in it & I put a bit of butter, but of all the terrible choices there were, I still think I did well. Okay, CFD, go ahead & blast the choices & their evils, it's okay. I am sad because Mike bought one of my favorite things, I call them LCD's (little chocolate doughnuts) and I can't have any :( I brought some healthy choices with me for in between meals & the stuff for my morning shakes as usual. I'll just do the best I can & get serious when we get home.

Hi, hope you're having a great time there.

I must be missing something here as considering these are resturant choices it's not bad. Broiled trout is fine, baked sweet potato is fine, cinimon makes it better, as long as it's not smothered with sugar it's ok, I'm assuming it was brown sugar, if not, not so ok. If you used a little butter it's better than fake butter, again assuming it's a little.

You seem to have a guilty concience when it comes to the green beans and turnip greens because of the ham, I'm not familiar with the foods you mention when cooked with ham so it's hard for me to accurately comment so clue me in a little, is it justed some diced up ham thrown in or is there MORE than just ham, many times it's not the foods but the other ingredients that kill it.

All in all it's not bad, the thing to remember is how it fits in with everything else, calorie wise, macro wise and portion size.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #480
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Trying to experiment:

1 Fried egg (Pam not butter)
2 pieces of Ezekial toasted
1/2 avacado
some seasoning on the egg

Pretty tasty, just maybe a little more seasoning

333 cal
15 protein
34 carb
15 fat

Dinner more protein, less carbs.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #481
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Trying to experiment:

1 Fried egg (Pam not butter)
2 pieces of Ezekial toasted
1/2 avacado
some seasoning on the egg

Pretty tasty, just maybe a little more seasoning

333 cal
15 protein
34 carb
15 fat

Dinner more protein, less carbs.
I would eat 1 more egg and 1 slice less of bread. But then I'm kind of obsessed with protein myself.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #482
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well Country ham is ham, but it is salt cured (burried in rock salt for a period of time) then smoked (hung in a smokehouse with smoldering fires under it, usually with savory woods like hickory, maple, etc). It has a LOT of salt but when pieces are used as seasoning, you just don't add any additional salt. It has somewhat less fat that other ham as some is drawn off in the salt & more is lost during the smoking, but it is still a fatty meat. Country cooked vegetables often also have a bit if sugar added (not much, maybe a 1/4 tsp in a big, dutch oven sized pot of beans and maybe also a large onion cut up in it. Then it is cooked a LONG time. I know, the longer it cooks, the more nutrients are lost, but it tastes soooooooooooooo good. When I do it at home, I trim all visable fat from the ham pieces. When my grandmother cooked it all the fat was left on AND she would add a heaping tablespoon of lard. My guess is Cracker Barrel is somewhere between the two. They probably don't trim the fat as much as I do, but probably don't add the lard.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #483
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Late for the party, but I'm now in. I didn't set weight loss as goal for a new year resolution, however a lot of things have happened and I've had somewhat of an epiphany. I'm 39, (40 this coming fall), and my husband and I are taking our daughter to Disneyland late April. That was planned but wasn't enough to motivate me to change. I weigh 175lbs btw.
Anyways, my best friend is getting married this year and she's asked me to be a bridesmaid. No big deal, I don't look too bad for my weight. Then she drops the destination wedding plans into the conversation, and that is when I realized that I might have to do something.
My husband had bought me ripped freak a few months ago and it has sat on the shelf until I decided to change things up. My problem is coca-cola. 5 or 6 a day! Ripped freak, if anything, definitely helps spike my energy and I haven't had a coke now for 2 days. I'm using the myfitnesspal app on my phone to monitor calories and I'm taking in 1200-1400 a day now since Tuesday. I haven't bothered looking at the scale because my husband warned me that it would crush my soul. However my pants feel just a tad looser than normal, so I know I'm on the right track.
I've set up the treadmill and filled my mail bag with 50 lbs and I'm walking at a brisk pace for a half hour for now. I'm a postal clerk, not a carrier yet, so why not prepare myself instead of shock myself if a job change is forthcoming. I have also been playing my drums for about an hour a day.
Basically, I realized that my metabolism isn't what it used to be for sometime now and it's my own fault. I'll admit that I've let myself go a little to long now and got lazy. I have until November to lose enough weight/inches to appear like my old 135 lb self though I'd be happy to be in the 140's.
Anyways, thanks for listening and for all the input in this thread! I think it will help keep me accountable and motivated! I wish everyone success with their goals this year!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #484
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
Late for the party, but I'm now in. I didn't set weight loss as goal for a new year resolution, however a lot of things have happened and I've had somewhat of an epiphany. I'm 39, (40 this coming fall), and my husband and I are taking our daughter to Disneyland late April. That was planned but wasn't enough to motivate me to change. I weigh 175lbs btw.
Anyways, my best friend is getting married this year and she's asked me to be a bridesmaid. No big deal, I don't look too bad for my weight. Then she drops the destination wedding plans into the conversation, and that is when I realized that I might have to do something.
My husband had bought me ripped freak a few months ago and it has sat on the shelf until I decided to change things up. My problem is coca-cola. 5 or 6 a day! Ripped freak, if anything, definitely helps spike my energy and I haven't had a coke now for 2 days. I'm using the myfitnesspal app on my phone to monitor calories and I'm taking in 1200-1400 a day now since Tuesday. I haven't bothered looking at the scale because my husband warned me that it would crush my soul. However my pants feel just a tad looser than normal, so I know I'm on the right track.
I've set up the treadmill and filled my mail bag with 50 lbs and I'm walking at a brisk pace for a half hour for now. I'm a postal clerk, not a carrier yet, so why not prepare myself instead of shock myself if a job change is forthcoming. I have also been playing my drums for about an hour a day.
Basically, I realized that my metabolism isn't what it used to be for sometime now and it's my own fault. I'll admit that I've let myself go a little to long now and got lazy. I have until November to lose enough weight/inches to appear like my old 135 lb self though I'd be happy to be in the 140's.
Anyways, thanks for listening and for all the input in this thread! I think it will help keep me accountable and motivated! I wish everyone success with their goals this year!

Hi. It's good to have you on board. It seems like you're off to a good start. Keeping track of you calories is a big step as with hitting the tread mill. Everyone here will be glad to help with whatever we can. A couple of things that really got my attention, your husband is right in not focusing on the scale but you should weigh yourself every couple of weeks or every week as it does show a trend in which way you are moving but don't focus on the numbers themselves. The most important thing I can recomend from you post is 'GET RID OF THE RIPPED FREAK". There is so much hype about fat burners and that is mostly what it is. Ripped freak is a rip off. If you look closely at the fat burning compounds you will see that they are pretty much useless. What you will get is wired from it but it does nothing to promote fat burning. Do not rely on these types of suppliments as they are useless. If you are going to invest in suppliments I would get a good quality protein powder to use in healthy recipies and to make consuming adequate protein somewhat easier and perhaps if you are not getting it from your foods Vitamin B12 may have some benefit.

I wish you luck with achieving your goal, which by the way is very realistic and doable, I know everyone here will be with you as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #485
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Well Country ham is ham, but it is salt cured (burried in rock salt for a period of time) then smoked (hung in a smokehouse with smoldering fires under it, usually with savory woods like hickory, maple, etc). It has a LOT of salt but when pieces are used as seasoning, you just don't add any additional salt. It has somewhat less fat that other ham as some is drawn off in the salt & more is lost during the smoking, but it is still a fatty meat. Country cooked vegetables often also have a bit if sugar added (not much, maybe a 1/4 tsp in a big, dutch oven sized pot of beans and maybe also a large onion cut up in it. Then it is cooked a LONG time. I know, the longer it cooks, the more nutrients are lost, but it tastes soooooooooooooo good. When I do it at home, I trim all visable fat from the ham pieces. When my grandmother cooked it all the fat was left on AND she would add a heaping tablespoon of lard. My guess is Cracker Barrel is somewhere between the two. They probably don't trim the fat as much as I do, but probably don't add the lard.
Obviously, any added fat or lard would be unacceptable, the amount of sugar you describe is not of enough significance to concern me, the salt is, if you restrict your salt intake and buy foods with no salt added then it may be acceptable but again how much is used/eaten is what would be of the most concern. I feel it is always better to get foods with no salt and then add what you use yourself so you know how muchyou are consuming and when possible always use sea salt instead of table salt.

You just have to make choices, your results will depend on them.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #486
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Obviously, any added fat or lard would be unacceptable, the amount of sugar you describe is not of enough significance to concern me, the salt is, if you restrict your salt intake and buy foods with no salt added then it may be acceptable but again how much is used/eaten is what would be of the most concern. I feel it is always better to get foods with no salt and then add what you use yourself so you know how muchyou are consuming and when possible always use sea salt instead of table salt.

You just have to make choices, your results will depend on them.

Just for the heck of it I tried to come up with the nutritional facts on the Cracker Barrel meal you had. What I found was that CRACKER BARREL DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY RECIPIES OR NUTRITIONAL VALUES FOR ANY OF THEIR MEALS , to me that is a BIG RED FLAG.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #487
RubyCamaro
Jan

Yeah,that does not surprise me. Like I said, I know it was one of the worst places I could have possibly go and I just chose the best things I could. Also like I said I will get serious whet I get home.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #488
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi. It's good to have you on board. It seems like you're off to a good start. Keeping track of you calories is a big step as with hitting the tread mill. Everyone here will be glad to help with whatever we can. A couple of things that really got my attention, your husband is right in not focusing on the scale but you should weigh yourself every couple of weeks or every week as it does show a trend in which way you are moving but don't focus on the numbers themselves. The most important thing I can recomend from you post is 'GET RID OF THE RIPPED FREAK". There is so much hype about fat burners and that is mostly what it is. Ripped freak is a rip off. If you look closely at the fat burning compounds you will see that they are pretty much useless. What you will get is wired from it but it does nothing to promote fat burning. Do not rely on these types of suppliments as they are useless. If you are going to invest in suppliments I would get a good quality protein powder to use in healthy recipies and to make consuming adequate protein somewhat easier and perhaps if you are not getting it from your foods Vitamin B12 may have some benefit.

I wish you luck with achieving your goal, which by the way is very realistic and doable, I know everyone here will be with you as well.
Thanks for the welcome and the tips! I never expected the ripped freak to burn fat, it seems to keep me alert as I ween off of the coke. But I will give tomorrow a try without it for sure. I've only started taking them Tuesday, so I'm not concerned of dependence on it. And I'll try not to grab a can of coke to compensate either.
I want to be realistic and I know I've given myself plenty of time to achieve a better level of fitness and body weight and even maintain this new level of awareness of what I'm feeding myself. You guys and gals aren't kidding that this is a lifestyle change! I'm open to try anything aside from joining a gym because my budget this year just can't absorb that as well.
This thread is pretty cool to be able to reach out and share information. Thanks everybody!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #489
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the tips! I never expected the ripped freak to burn fat, it seems to keep me alert as I ween off of the coke. But I will give tomorrow a try without it for sure. I've only started taking them Tuesday, so I'm not concerned of dependence on it. And I'll try not to grab a can of coke to compensate either.
I want to be realistic and I know I've given myself plenty of time to achieve a better level of fitness and body weight and even maintain this new level of awareness of what I'm feeding myself. You guys and gals aren't kidding that this is a lifestyle change! I'm open to try anything aside from joining a gym because my budget this year just can't absorb that as well.
This thread is pretty cool to be able to reach out and share information. Thanks everybody!
This is just a small conclusion on a study done on Ripped Freak. You can buy the caffeen pills for next to nothing and the geranimine from a suppliment store at a fraction of the cost but you're better off without it.

Basically, the stuff consists of green tea extractives, 1,3-dimethylamylamine (a.k.a. "geranamine"), caffeine, capsinoids (capsaicin-like compounds), and raspberry ketones.

I expect it's excellent for getting you wired (caffeine and geranamine deliver a good punch in this dept.). As far as fat loss goes, I imagine it would provide a small thermogenic boost (caffeine, GTE, capsinoids). As noted above, though, there's less to the ad hype than meets the eye.
"The reason for doing research is to avoid paying the price for believing things that aren’t true."
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #490
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Interesting day yesterday

Went to the Auto Show and got in early
which was great -got to see the Vette
without the huge crowds -Gorgeous!!

When to Breakfast (bruch?) about 10:30-11:00
had a Greek Omlette and Dry Rye Toast.

Then Later - 5:00-5:30 I went to dinner
at a local restaurant. I had 4 pieces of