Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #435
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Everyone seems to have the crud!

58 years young!

I wouldn't say I have "The Crud" lol but I am feeling a little on the shitty side.

crud (kr d) n. 1. Slang. a. A coating or an incrustation of filth or refuse. b. Something loathsome, despicable, or worthless. c. One who is contemptible or disgusting
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #436
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Really sore arms after today's workout- tomorrow should be worse. Oh we'll a few good stretches usually takes care of that. I would imagine Crossfit would probably kill me

Today's totals

1360 cal
Protein 125 goal 136
Carb 130 goal 136
Fat 49 goal 30

Really got to find a way to drop the fat #. I'll keep trying

If I am going to have "starchy" carbs best to have them in the am or lunch? Not at the last meal? Sandwich for lunch, but not dinner?

Tomorrow night I want to make the protein pancake recipe you gave me

Agree with bb -58 years young, especially when I'm not far behind you and I'm certainly not old !!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #437
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS

Calories??? hell idk lmao
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #438
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Really sore arms after today's workout- tomorrow should be worse. Oh we'll a few good stretches usually takes care of that. I would imagine Crossfit would probably kill me

Today's totals

1360 cal
Protein 125 goal 136
Carb 130 goal 136
Fat 49 goal 30

Really got to find a way to drop the fat #. I'll keep trying

If I am going to have "starchy" carbs best to have them in the am or lunch? Not at the last meal? Sandwich for lunch, but not dinner?

Tomorrow night I want to make the protein pancake recipe you gave me

Agree with bb -58 years young, especially when I'm not far behind you and I'm certainly not old !!!

Do you know which foods are upping the fat content?

Starchy carbs are better earlier in the day when they are more likely to get burned as fuel not later when stored for fat. Try to choose foods of color and whole grains and not screwed up by man(processed). A few examples would be brown rice not white rice, sweet potatoes not white potatoes, whole wheat pasta not white pasta, oatmeal,lentils, beans etc.

You'll like the pancackes and their ease of use, taste good to.

I don't recall using the word old, if I did, it was in error. LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #439
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post

Calories??? hell idk lmao
If your goals are fat loss and you don't know how many cals then you shouldn't eat it. lol fromthe looks of the ingredients in the back ground, I'l pass.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #440
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
If your goals are fat loss and you don't know how many cals then you shouldn't eat it. lol fromthe looks of the ingredients in the back ground, I'l pass.
Haha, This is from my hotel. Actually everything on that plate is pretty cut and dry. Nothing really added.

bone in Ribeye - sauteed mushrooms with S&P some white wine - Hashbrown with some cheese.

Don't worry I ran 6 miles and worked out. I'm good for the day.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #441
CFD

Quote:
Haha, This is from my hotel. Actually everything on that plate is pretty cut and dry. Nothing really added.

bone in Ribeye - sauteed mushrooms with S&P some white wine - Hashbrown with some cheese.

Don't worry I ran 6 miles and worked out. I'm good for the day.

Ha ha! Rib eye is one of the fatiest cuts of beef, hash browns(white potatoes), cheese (high in saturated fats), what looks like a tub of butter and do I see a coke in there. lol
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #442
driyac

Quote:
Ha ha! Rib eye is one of the fattiest cuts of beef, hash browns(white potatoes), cheese (high in saturated fats), what looks like a tub of butter and do I see a coke in there. lol

Yes you are correct about the fatiest cuts, but sure is ridiculously delicious. 10 oz of ribeye for roughly 60 grams of protein and 35 grams of fat. ~555 or lets say 600 cals. hashbrowns are 10oz so 60 grams carbs ~300 (including seasoning) mushrooms another 300 cals

so roughly 1200 calories - No that is a diet coke, sorry I love it. Also that is a parmeasan peppercorn that I really dont like so I dont eat it.

Mind you I'm 245, very active, run etc. My bmr non adjusted is 2200 calories without my bf % in it. With it included around 2500 plus.

Adjusted for me being on my feet 6 hours a day at work, (low side) plus running 4+ a day (600 calories)

All I am saying is that this meal represents a 1/3 of my daily intake honestly.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #443
CFD

Quote:
Yes you are correct about the fatiest cuts, but sure is ridiculously delicious. 10 oz of ribeye for roughly 60 grams of protein and 35 grams of fat. ~555 or lets say 600 cals. hashbrowns are 10oz so 60 grams carbs ~300 (including seasoning) mushrooms another 300 cals

so roughly 1200 calories - No that is a diet coke, sorry I love it. Also that is a parmeasan peppercorn that I really dont like so I dont eat it.

Mind you I'm 245, very active, run etc. My bmr non adjusted is 2200 calories without my bf % in it. With it included around 2500 plus.

Adjusted for me being on my feet 6 hours a day at work, (low side) plus running 4+ a day (600 calories)

All I am saying is that this meal represents a 1/3 of my daily intake honestly.
People with muscle mass and who are very active can burn outrageous amounts of cals daily but if someone is concerned with fat loss that meal is a disaster lol. I myself usually eat around 2500 cals daily but am more concerned with building muscle than fat loss( already been there) that meal wouldn't be included. I would rather eat more nutritious food than less non nutritious food, but that's me lol
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #444
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Todays #'s

1302 cal

143 protein 130 goal
89 carb 130 goal
49 fat 29 goal

Fat list
4g oatmeal
2g chicken
6g salad dressing
10g cottage cheese
2g 2nd chicken
1g Brussels sprouts
10g 2 eggs
14g honey roasted nuts

Thoughts? Stay out of the honey roasted nuts-lol. Had a few calls left and a craving for something sweet. Probably should have had the banana or clementine
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #445
CFD

Quote:
Todays #'s

1302 cal

143 protein 130 goal
89 carb 130 goal
49 fat 29 goal

Fat list
4g oatmeal
2g chicken
6g salad dressing
10g cottage cheese
2g 2nd chicken
1g Brussels sprouts
10g 2 eggs
14g honey roasted nuts

Thoughts? Stay out of the honey roasted nuts-lol. Had a few calls left and a craving for something sweet. Probably should have had the banana or clementine

A couple of things that will help, you can and should get no fat, 1% or 2% cottage cheese, only use 1 egg yolk and add an extra white (1 whole, 2 whites). Nuts are a source of healthy fats but do have a high fat content, I'm not sure on the honey roasted, I'd have to see the label. What kind of oatmeal, that seems a little high unless it's flavoured. With the minor changes above you would be within your goal. Oh, and the salad dressing lol.

Don't forget, the numbers don't have to be exact and everyone is different, some actually loose more fat with a higher fat intake, some with higher carbs but if you keep acurate counts, as you have been, and are close, as you have been, over time we will see what if any results you have and then can adjust. If you don't keep accurate counts then we are only guessing.

Have you been watching the scale, checking body fat, looking in the mirror lol or seeing a difference in how your clothes fit? These will tell us if it's working.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #446
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
A couple of things that will help, you can and should get no fat, 1% or 2% cottage cheese, only use 1 egg yolk and add an extra white (1 whole, 2 whites). Nuts are a source of healthy fats but do have a high fat content, I'm not sure on the honey roasted, I'd have to see the label. What kind of oatmeal, that seems a little high unless it's flavoured. With the minor changes above you would be within your goal. Oh, and the salad dressing lol.

Don't forget, the numbers don't have to be exact and everyone is different, some actually loose more fat with a higher fat intake, some with higher carbs but if you keep acurate counts, as you have been, and are close, as you have been, over time we will see what if any results you have and then can adjust. If you don't keep accurate counts then we are only guessing.

Have you been watching the scale, checking body fat, looking in the mirror lol or seeing a difference in how your clothes fit? These will tell us if it's working.

The eggs were hard boiled I ate for a snack. The oatmeal is flavored. The cottage cheese I'm sure was not low fat. I gotta have something to put on a salad. Not a fan of oil and vinegar unless you've got some magic seasoning. I forgot to add the tablespoon of salsa I threw on the chicken after I warmed it up. Love salsa.

Tomorrow is weigh-in so I'm hoping to lose 2 more lbs but 1 would be still be progress. I really need to find other protein sources. I like chicken but not all the time:(

Wish me luck
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #447
CFD

Quote:
The eggs were hard boiled I ate for a snack. The oatmeal is flavored. The cottage cheese I'm sure was not low fat. I gotta have something to put on a salad. Not a fan of oil and vinegar unless you've got some magic seasoning. I forgot to add the tablespoon of salsa I threw on the chicken after I warmed it up. Love salsa.

Tomorrow is weigh-in so I'm hoping to lose 2 more lbs but 1 would be still be progress. I really need to find other protein sources. I like chicken but not all the time:(

Wish me luck
Hard boiled eggs have yolks two lol. I just pop them out but that's not a lot. You should use regular oatmeal, I figured it was flavored lol.I always add a scoop of protein powder with mine as it makes it much more flavorful and adds the extra protein. The cottage cheese should be changed as the fat is also saturated fat. I don't use salad dressings, I usually use rice vinegar, it has some flavor and works for me but then I can eat anything plain and be good with it. There are many sources of protein you can use, the chicken is good as it is so versatile and great for pre made meals. You can eat fish, shrimp, turkey, extra lean beef cuts, grass fed beef and bison are much lower in fat and higher in protein by the way, Canadian bacon, tuna.

I've posted the recipie below before, it's a little more work mixing but well worth it. I always have these in my freezer and eat them with whole wheat pasta or over brown rice. I don't do them stove top, I put them in the oven, it's faster and easier. Oh and only use 1/4-1/2 cup rice milk or they will not be firm enough to form meatballs. I also don't waste my time putting them in the sause to cook, just do them in the oven and forget that part of the recipie. Also I don't sautee the ingredients seperately, to much time, just mix it all up and place in oven, done.

Have you tried the high protein pancakes yet, it will give you the added protein without the chicken lol

I think you will do fine on the weigh in, if not don't worry, it hasen't been that long.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #448
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

LOST 2 MORE LBS!!

:happy anim:

now back to work