Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #15
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1wing View Post
So the whole group of around 15 people with all top dodge chargers all cant drive? Thats your argument??? I have yet to see in person, excluding the guy whos license plate say turbo, INCLUDING last year to see a charger, get into the 13's, it was 68 degrees yesterday, PERFECT track conditions. But then again I did say I'm way up here in michigan so maybe that does make a difference. I've been on you tube, and watched the charger hit 13's, but then again I've also seen a bone stock 04 mach 1 hit a 13.17 on there so yeah I guess it all depends on driver. Not picking fights, just pointing out what I've seen the last 2 years in person. And after yesterday watching all those guys struggle, it hit me just how good the v6 might do.
"perfect track conditions"? how would you know what "perfect track conditions" are? sounds like you've just about never been, otherwise you wouldn't be making such a rediculous thread about an anomaly. Temp alone isn't everything, there is still a bunch of other variables.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #16
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
"perfect track conditions"? how would you know what "perfect track conditions" are? sounds like you've just about never been, otherwise you wouldn't be making such a rediculous thread about an anomaly. Temp alone isn't everything, there is still a bunch of other variables.
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Not a mopar fan here, but if you think those times are indciative of what you can expect from SRT8 Dodge cars in general you are going to be very disappointed. On a nice day and on a good surface low 13's are the norm, and very high 12's have been had bone stock on a nice, prepped surface. Unless the drivers are complete idiots, a V6 Camaro doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell against anything with an SRT8 badge.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
nine1wing

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
No please tell me what I don't know??? When I said perfect track conditions I meant the track wasn't all slick, for STREET tires NOT SLICKS yes the track was perfect for us INCLUDING your chargers to be able to not spin launching at 3000 rpm, when the track is slick I have to keep close to 2000rpm, the temp was perfect outside, but since you know so much I guess you already know cooler air helps you out, yes the sea level doesn't help us here, and there was a slight breeze, so please tell me what more I don't know. TRACK WAS PERFECT. It sounds like your nitpicking, trying to find a reason for those times, if you get a good launch and don't spin in any gears whats your excuse???
nine1wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
nine1wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Have you run at the track yet? Times?

My SRT8 is not a track car, but I ran it a few times for kicks. Terrible conditions in Texas in the Summer, DA was +1750. Ran 13.30 at 109mph with no mods. Also saw group of new mustang GTs running 14.7's, but did not assume that was the norm. Follow?
Yes I posted above I went saturday, and yes I posted the 2 times I raced against them, watched the others. And yes the mustangs out now do run 14.7 to 14.00, that is the norm without any mods, the car makes you shift into 4th because of the rev limiter, first thing you HAVE to do when you buy any model from 06-09 is get a tune and change the gears to 3.73 or 4.10, I went with 3.73 just cause I have to drive highway. And I'll say again the one guy out of that group of srt's got a 13.22 or 23 and his license said turbo, never got a chance to check out his engine though.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #20
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
No please tell me what I don't know??? When I said perfect track conditions I meant the track wasn't all slick, for STREET tires NOT SLICKS yes the track was perfect for us INCLUDING your chargers to be able to not spin launching at 3000 rpm, when the track is slick I have to keep close to 2000rpm, the temp was perfect outside, but since you know so much I guess you already know cooler air helps you out, yes the sea level doesn't help us here, and there was a slight breeze, so please tell me what more I don't know. TRACK WAS PERFECT. It sounds like your nitpicking, trying to find a reason for those times, if you get a good launch and don't spin in any gears whats your excuse???
seriously dude come on, why would i be nitpicking over someone else car that i don't even know. so why would i care

alright if you would read what i was agreeing to he said there was many factors for the perfect track, like air temp,track temp, humidity, wind speed,wind direction, when was the last time it rained, how much vht,how well it was prepped, concrete or asphalt,has anybody leaked any fluids anywhere that might not have been found yet,barometric pressure,is the entire track perfectly level the whole 1320, is it perfectly smooth like no bumps or cracks, if i forgot something add it please, im tired haven't got any sleep just things that have came up

all i was doing was agreeing its not likely to get perfect, you can get good or even great but not likely perfect.and just because you dont spin doesn't mean you have perfect grip

damn sometimes i really hate this lets be courteous to each other policy
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
You guys are seriously argueing that a Charger R/T runs 14's. Thats what they do, it's not a fast car. It's a full size family sedan with 340 hp. It should run low 14's. The V6 Camaro could run pretty close to a Charger R/T based on hp/lbs. The OP has not said anything out of line here, it's just the Mopar nut swinging that we get from this site that has the problem.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #22
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
You guys are seriously argueing that a Charger R/T runs 14's. Thats what they do, it's not a fast car. It's a full size family sedan with 340 hp. It should run low 14's. The V6 Camaro could run pretty close to a Charger R/T based on hp/lbs. The OP has not said anything out of line here, it's just the Mopar nut swinging that we get from this site that has the problem.
there's a difference between an RT and an SRT.

Quit the Chevy nut swinging and read the thread.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
nine1wing

Thanks, and sorry to the other poster if it sounded like I was trying to pick a fight, I was just simply pointing out what I've been witnessing the last 2 years, I for one might get a srt when my lease runs out, BUT, the boys there with the chargers said you have to run only mopar parts or it discontinues the warranty, I don't know how much to believe of that but if thats the case dodge can kiss my ass. And to those who watch the show pinks, it will be taping here at the track I go to on july 10-11 at 131motorsports park
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #24
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Sorry, but you need to calm down and grow up kid. You throw out some very questionable info and you are going to get questioned...what did you expect? A lot of people around here KNOW cars and racing very well, if you want to come on here and act like an authority on it all then I suggest you do your homework.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
there's a difference between an RT and an SRT.

Quit the Chevy nut swinging and read the thread.
This is a Chevy board, quit your trolling and have fun on an SVT board. Go buy an SRT and see if you can run a 13.3.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #26
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Could be why I never saw stock mustangs break into the 13's in fayetterville. Guess it might have been track conditions when my car(98 z28 stock) was doing low 13's at the same time.

I love it when people blame track conditions or the car for bad driving.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #27
StangKiller818

Drives: pontiac g5 gt
can we all get along?????? he was just telling us what he had saw that day and the past. he is just trying to tell us v6 guys/gals that we might have a chance against an rt. you never know what could happen at the track. their is a lot of factors that come into play.
StangKiller818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
Lumpy92

Drives: Dodge Charger
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've got an 06 Charger RT (5.7 HEMI) and it will do 13.98 in the 1/4 and that is bone stock. I've raced an SRT-8 and got my a$$ handed to me....they will do 13.1 - 13.2 all day...every day.

The V6 camaro would do well against an R/T, but doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of even keeping up with an SRT.

Quote:
So the whole group of around 15 people with all top dodge chargers all cant drive? Thats your argument??? I have yet to see in person, excluding the guy whos license plate say turbo, INCLUDING last year to see a charger, get into the 13's, it was 68 degrees yesterday, PERFECT track conditions. But then again I did say I'm way up here in michigan so maybe that does make a difference. I've been on you tube, and watched the charger hit 13's, but then again I've also seen a bone stock 04 mach 1 hit a 13.17 on there so yeah I guess it all depends on driver. Not picking fights, just pointing out what I've seen the last 2 years in person. And after yesterday watching all those guys struggle, it hit me just how good the v6 might do.
Lumpy92 is offline   Reply With Quote