Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Thoughts on trading up?

Well through further thought I think I want to trade up and back for a 2010 ABM ss. But I heard they might be releasing a new blue in 2013 any truth to this? I would like a ZL1 but it makes no sense to have that much power as a daily driver lol and I love that ABM color its the best color next to the AGM I have now in my eyes. If they are coming out with a new blue I might wait to see what that looks like as I would like the '13 my link touchscreen.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
It is a "new" blue to the Camaro, but has been around. It is used on the Corvette. Here is an example of what it looks like: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...69#post4906169

It has a different name for the Camaro.

I myself will eventually trade up to a SS after I get a house. I am looking at either a 2011 1SS/RS or a 2013/2014 1SS/1LE/RS. My next color is a tie between white, cgm/agm, or crt.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
It is a "new" blue to the Camaro, but has been around. It is used on the Corvette. Here is an example of what it looks like: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...69#post4906169

It has a different name for the Camaro.

I myself will eventually trade up to a SS after I get a house. I am looking at either a 2011 1SS/RS or a 2013/2014 1SS/1LE/RS. My next color is a tie between white, cgm/agm, or crt.
Thats a nice color blue especially in the sun light the flakes really pop.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
NRB color has potential, (will have to see it in person), but my IBM still gets alot of attention. Both would be hard to keep clean though!

If you're holding out for 2013, I agree ZL1 is overkill, but the 1LE option is THE way to go!

I'm gonna have to look at that too...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Ehh...I still think that new "Blue" is more of a bluish GREY. Not really a blue to me.

I'm very partial to my ABM....its so damn purty and rare. I get the "I haven't seen that color before...its beautiful" comments fairly often.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If your contemplating a blue, ABM is the only blue worth buying. Every other blue is kind of a let down compared to ABM. I saw one in person and oh man is it amazing! It pops and with the right cosmetic mods, its a killer color

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
can you even find a used ABM ss for sale? if so, i'd snatch it up if i were you.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
can you even find a used ABM ss for sale? if so, i'd snatch it up if i were you.
That I doubt, most owners know there ABM Camaros are becoming very rare with the limited production and with such a fine colour! ABM was in my toss up between IOM, SGM and ABM.

With that said, anyone with a ABM '10 Camaro should have no troubles selling if he or she wishes to upgrade to a newer model. I guess I never looked at it this way.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote