Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #155
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Well guys I am still alive. College has started back so I haven't been able to log on here as much as I wish I could :( the supercharger is treating me well! I have about 2k miles on it and haven't had any issues with really other than a few kinks in the tune that I think are in the works of getting fixed. I got the oil changed today, going to take it up to the shop that installed it soon to see if they can change the SC oil and check on everything. The dealership said I have a power steering leak and it was all over the frame. Think it was a wrong hose. So yeah. Going to get everything looked at asap and hopefully running perfect. The gauges are next on the list for my car...its almost holiday season so I am hoping I can find a nice deal and collect some money haha hope everybody has been well! Im going to try and keep in touch!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #156
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Good to hear from you, was going to bump your thread to see how you were doing....

Anymore info on the power steering leak?...
Old 11-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #157
Patrick864 RS

No nothing yet. I just received the upgraded bearings or whatever IPF sent out to all the owners. So I was going to call the shop up who installed the kit and get them to see whats going on. In another thread I saw where somebody else had the hose problem and just replaced it with a $8 one and everything worked fine. Got the money for some new tires today so the search is on...I will keep you updated!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #158
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Many ways to fix the power steering hose. I replaced the hose with another and a metal elbow to allow clearance around the SC bracket.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #159
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Many ways to fix the power steering hose. I replaced the hose with another and a metal elbow to allow clearance around the SC bracket.
How long is the replacement hose and where did you buy it?
Old 11-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #160
Patrick864 RS

Well took the car up to the shop who installed and they got it switched out. SC is a lot more responsive and louder when I get on it. BUT I still don't feel like its running at full potential. Some people say they spin out when barely getting on it? I don't think I have had that ever even close to happening. I feel like it should be a lot more powerful when I hit the pedal...not sure though. Got some new back tires on and I am ready to roll though. First "long" trip in it since I got it installed. Headed to Columbia for the game with some friends! haha
Old 11-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #161
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
With my Snow tires on, I spin to easily, even with my Summer Tires, I can spin the Tires without Revving, Who did your tune?? did you do it through Arno in Germany??
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #162
Patrick864 RS

The shop who installed the kit also tuned it...my bro has a stage 3 srt4 and it spins all the way to 60 lol he says you should clearly be able to hear my kit running the boost recommended. I questioned the tune, but I was told that it couldn't be the case. Even though I still think it is...It feels "faster" but not supercharged faster...
Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #163
Patrick864 RS

Also...my friend has a 13 SS and it slams me back in the seat. Isnt this kit supposed to put our v6 up to v8 range and sometimes quicker than a stock? Lets just say we rolled and it wasn't pretty. Doors blown off of my car. I was embarrassed to say the least.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #164
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Also...my friend has a 13 SS and it slams me back in the seat. Isnt this kit supposed to put our v6 up to v8 range and sometimes quicker than a stock? Lets just say we rolled and it wasn't pretty. Doors blown off of my car. I was embarrassed to say the least.
It took me awhile to get used to it and a couple tunes but I keep up with Ss. I had to really learn how to drive the car being a manual to learn to get the times at the track.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #165
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
If you went from a roll and got blown away by a stock SS then something isn't right. Is the car an automatic or manual? (wondering if the driver played a role in the outcome)

An IPF V6 should be able to at the very least, hang with an SS from a roll if not slightly pull away. I know for a fact that other IPF V6 cars have pulled away from stock or nearly stock SS Camaros. From a dig the SS has a bit more advantage in my opinion, but not from a roll.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #166
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
something is up, I will blow the tires free from a rolling start and I have 315/35/20 Nitto NT05 in the rear. It should easily break free and keep up and beat a stock SS.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #167
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
only way to be sure, is get your car on a Dyno.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #168
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
You may not have the torque that the SS puts out.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote